Photo

2 Failed Tapers. Very Sensitive To Drops. Advice Please.

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#91 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2018 - 09:59 AM

Absolutely.

#92 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:16 AM

The med will start to kick in at around 2 hours, and then continue to reach peak concentration around 3-4 hours after that, so the best effects will occur between 5-6 hours after taking it, so this sounds about right.

#93 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:26 AM

So what I can't figure out then is why if it is still controlling my symptoms from say 11am till some point in the early hours. Why is it suddenly just not working in th mornings? Maybe I am being think here?!

#94 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:33 AM

It only has a half life of 12 hours So if you take it at 7 AM it is half gone by 7 PM. Not enough to help you very much.

#95 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:36 AM

But I've not had any issues with Anxiety for the 6 years I've been on it.

#96 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:40 AM

This makes me wonder if it's the drug simply not working anymore.

#97 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:45 AM

The residual levels will still build up in your system over time, so it is not that there is none left in your system whatsoever. But morning are almost always the issue for most people with anxiety, but if it used to control it for that length of time and it has since stopped, then Hat might well be right. 

It is something that really worries me about my Lexapro, given that citalopram was not fully effective. 

#98 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 10:53 AM

Well I guess only time will tell for me.

How are you today IUN?

#99 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:28 AM

You are still on the 40 mg on the new generic? No drops yet? I think you went down 18 beads, then down just 12 beads and then back to a full 40 mg. That kind of up and down is enough to upset the delicate balance in neurotransmitters.

Also, maybe the new generic is less effective.

#100 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:19 PM

No, I have never changed brands of Cymbalta Hat. I am on Yentreve 40mg. Around July I started reducing 1 bead per week and when I got to a 20no bead reduction I started with withdrawal. So I went up 6no beads (therefore giving a 12no bead drop total) & the withdrawals lessened but the insomnia & vertigo were still bad. So I decided on the advice of my GP to go right back up to the full 40mg dose, which was I think about mid October. After about 9 days, all withdrawal symptoms subsided. Then this!??

#101 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 December 2018 - 12:31 PM

I must confess that I am having a hard time keeping up with everyone's history. Sorry about that. My mind just can't seem to hold on to things as good as it use to. Dementia? I guess we will see.

I don't know Noush. No other changes so maybe it is just what they call antidepressant "poop out".

#102 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:05 PM

So I just double checked and it was 6 weeks ago that I went back up 20no beads (to a total of 380). However, when I counted how many beads were in the capsules of my current pack of Cymbalta, there are only 354 - 358. Therefore, I have gone back down in beads again. So I have now (since Thursday) put extra beads into my capsules to make up 380.

#103 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:29 PM

This can be the problem with the generic brands. The amount of beads can fluctuate, as can the size and thus the ratio of enteric coating to drug. Some will obviously remain well on a generic but that might be inferior to others. Over here in the UK there are so many different pharmas - the one that supplied my recent batch of Pergabalin went out of business last year, then was taken over by a chinese firm, but have not submitted any documentation and considered an inactive firm. Seems like anyone can do it these days.

My mood has gone down again - not to the extent it was on Friday, but not nice. Anxiety isn't too bad, just the depression. I will update in my post...

#104 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 December 2018 - 01:51 PM

I must confess that I am having a hard time keeping up with everyone's history. 

It's not you 'Hat. I am exactly the same at the "ripe" old age of 39... and 22 months...

Even had to edit the months twice!! My math is suffering too :|

#105 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:05 PM

No, I have never changed brands of Cymbalta Hat. I am on Yentreve 40mg. Around July I started reducing 1 bead per week and when I got to a 20no bead reduction I started with withdrawal. So I went up 6no beads (therefore giving a 12no bead drop total) & the withdrawals lessened but the insomnia & vertigo were still bad. So I decided on the advice of my GP to go right back up to the full 40mg dose, which was I think about mid October. After about 9 days, all withdrawal symptoms subsided. Then this!??

Noush, what does the no mean after the number? 20no, 6no, 12no? I know what mg means. :)

#106 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:16 PM

I don't.... no

:D

very poor end of week humor - apologies

#107 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 30 December 2018 - 04:20 PM

no Just stands for number Kathy.x

#108 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:21 PM

I don't.... no

:D

very poor end of week humor - apologies

I was going to spell "know" as "no" in my post above yours... I'm glad I didn't so you could make a joke!  :P

#109 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 30 December 2018 - 11:23 PM

no Just stands for number Kathy.x

Thanks Noush! Now I know!

#110 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:01 AM

😂🤣😂🤣 I have to write no (number) after figures at work, so it's automatic for me I think.

Well I slept a solid 9 hours last night without waking once & actually feel good on waking. Let's see if we can keep it that way - Positive Mental Attitude! 😁

#111 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 December 2018 - 09:50 AM

Solid 9 hours?!

Fantastic. I am so happy for you. The feel good wake is such a rare thing with our condition, so I know how much it can influence the better times to come!

#112 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 12:32 PM

It really does make a difference IUN. Also I am finding exercising each morning for the past few days is helping a great deal. I had a bit of a low mood set in around lunch time today. We have taken our son to a trampoline place, where they also have a giant inflatable assault course. We went on there for an hour, which was quite an intense workout and good fun (felt like a kid again). After that I felt so much better. We then went to Ask Italian for Pizza & I felt normal. Feel really good now.

Try to get yourself out of the house IUN. Even if it's just for an hour or two. Try to get out of your own head for a bit.

#113 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 01:41 PM

Hat - Quick question. Can Cymbalta cause you to produce too much Adrenaline?

#114 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:04 PM

Noush - you are absolutely right. 

I have just got back home from nipping up to my parents to collect post (easier to deliver to them than my flat!), then I went to help my parents friends with their computer for half hour and had a bit of a chat, then played hunt the parking space for another 15 minutes or so! So there is nothing wrong with me getting out per se, but the last week has made such a big impact on me, it will take time to shake it off.

One of the biggest things is being at home with the wife 24/7. Whenever she says something or starts a conversation, it is ALWAYS with a negative connotation. She is very low and I feel for her, but man oh man, it is so bloody difficult. I want to help her, but I just don't have the strength after so long...!

#115 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 December 2018 - 03:17 PM

Hat - Quick question. Can Cymbalta cause you to produce too much Adrenaline?

I can save Hat a bit of typage - although he can add/confirm/correct as I am still in training!

Being an SNRI (not SSRI), Cymbalta acts on the reuptake of norepinephrine which is the part of the nervous system that controls the bodies response to produce adrenaline. Norepinephrine is part and parcel of the neurology in the brain, but adrenaline is produced by the adrenal glands in the gut, however, the brain/CNS regulates the production (over and under thereof) for the stuff. So whilst it shouldn't cause an overproduction, it carries the potential to do so as a result of the effects the drugs produce. In the same way that the Cymbalta effects the "mood" centres of the brain, it can also indirectly cause inbalances to occur to those areas that will control things like norepinephrine/adrenaline and so forth.

Hope that is a good enough start :) 

#116 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:06 PM

The frontal lobes of the brain regulates adrenaline production. It is sensitive to the levels of adrenaline in the blood. when levels drop to low it increases the stimulation to the adrenal gland which causes it to increase the conversion of norepinephrine to adrenaline. Cymbalta, as IUN said, "acts on the reuptake of norepinephrine". This tends to limit the amount of adrenaline produced by the body because there is less norepinephrine in the blood stream. This is where part of the calming effect from Cymbalta comes from. However, when the Cymbalta is removed from the system the control of norepinephrine is gone and adrenaline drastically increases until the body adapts and gets back in control.

#117 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:21 PM

However, when the Cymbalta is removed from the system the control of norepinephrine is gone and adrenaline drastically increases until the body adapts and gets back in control.

That explains an awful lot going on in my brainium...

#118 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Mmmm this doesn't correlate to the adrenaline bursts I keep having then, as I haven't removed the Cymbalta yet. I have been getting the pounding heart beat after eating meals & literally slowly walking up stairs. This has nothing to do with my fitness, as I easily did an hour of trampolining today without getting out if breath & this seemed to calm the pounding heart after a short time. Puzzled???

#119 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:10 PM

Ah - so you are looking for the complex answer?? :D :D :D

Oooh and...

Happy Nou(sh) Year!!

#120 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 31 December 2018 - 06:26 PM

😁😂😁🤣 Love It Happy Nou(sh) year!!! Hope you're having a good evening!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users