Photo

2 Failed Tapers. Very Sensitive To Drops. Advice Please.

• Please log in to reply
328 replies to this topic

#211 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 12:40 PM

Xanax lost its effect on me and was actually helpful when it worked (0,375 mg in total now). But there's the psychological addiction thing that worries me when I recommend it. And yes, be very careful of serotonin syndrome. Start very slow and be mindful of your symptoms, please. Hydroxyzine did not work for my anxiety as well, by the way.

Ozgun, I don't think there is any chance of Serotonin Syndrome , as my GP won't agree to a cross taper.

#212 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:17 PM

Will be very interested to see how the l-theanine goes with your taper.

Just had a look on Amazon over here and the suntheanine only seems to be a little bit more expensive than the regular l-theanine, so worth it for the extra couple of quid.

#213 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:21 PM

Absolutely. The D form of theanine is not absorbed or used by the body. Only the L form and that is kn own as suntheanine. As you said, well word a few squid extra.

#214 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:34 PM

As you said, well word a few squid extra.

Thought it was only us Brits who used "squid" as a term for our currency!

#215 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 January 2019 - 01:59 PM

I was wondering if you were going to catch that. lol

#216 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:23 PM

I'll definitely spend the extra few squid on the Suntheanine lol 😂 I've felt 100% back to normal today. Slept well, woke up with zero anxiety & haven't felt anxious once today. Things seem to be settling back down!

#217 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:40 PM

Oooh - that's good news. Very happy for you Noush! That's a good place to be knowing that it's always been inside you somewhere :)

#218 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:42 PM

Noush, what do you think did the trick?

#219 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:44 PM

Just read that you're having a bad day IUN. It's just ONE bad day, following a few good days, remember that. Waves & Windows as they say. Just ride the wave & soon you'll see the light through the window again!

#220 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 January 2019 - 02:56 PM

Yes - I am doing all I can to remain positive. Definately something odd going on today with dizziness, fatigue and wotnot. 

I'm a glass half empty and I need to be the glass half full!!

But yes, as Hat said, what do you think did the trick for you - or was it out of nowhere? In which case it is for sure chemicals doing their chemical thing without your input.

#221 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 06 January 2019 - 03:41 PM

I had dizziness & extreme fatigue on Friday & then dizziness & a bit of anxiety on waking yesterday. Then today, I just feel totally different.

I wouldn't imagine that what you're experiencing is a relapse of Cymbalta withdrawal. I think it's more likely to be z combination of all of the med changes that you have gone through in the past months. Just give it time & as a good friend of mine has been reminding me lately, 'Medication is only one part of the puzzle'. You have to remember your CBT techniques.

#222 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

...and the medication part is most definitely a puzzle! 

I am indeed remembering techniques and going over old notes. One thing to bear in mind though, sometimes you need to remember the withdrawal and give up the fight. Like you say, it is a wave. It will catch up with you. No point in taking it on. Just keep going and come out the other side... hopefully sooner rather than later!

#223 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:18 AM

"Like you say, it is a wave. It will catch up with you. No point in taking it on. Just keep going and come out the other side"

Oh so very true. We make our withdrawals much worse by fighting them mentally, pushing ourselves, etc. These reactions are out of our control. They will do what they will do. Treat the symptoms as best you can and wait it out.

#224 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:29 AM

What is really scaring me is that I have not had these feelings before - and certainly not for this length of time.

I have woken today feeling worse. It is like I have simply forgotten how to be happy. I just do not care for anything. There is no point in doing anything. It is such a horrible feeling. 

This all started with the pregabalin and has been there since I stopped.

#225 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

Beyond me IUN. I just don't know what to say.

#226 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:42 AM

https://mentalhealth...ptoms-duration/

Depression: Do you feel severely depressed now that you’ve stopped taking your Lyrica? It is well documented that this drug can affect norepinephrine levels and other chemicals in the brain. It is known that low norepinephrine and depression can be linked. Withdrawal could lead to a temporary chemical imbalance, which results in depressive thinking. Assuming you weren’t depressed prior to taking this medication, you should eventually get better.

Suicidal thinking: Many people report feeling suicidal depressed when they initially withdraw from Lyrica. If you feel suicidal, it is important to recognize that the brain is temporarily chemically imbalanced during withdrawal; sometimes to a significant extent. As the brain recovers, neurotransmitter levels will be restored, but this is a gradual process. If you cannot cope with this feeling, be sure to seek professional help.

#227 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:44 AM

There are too many variables - it could be the citalopram withdrawal after 3 weeks - or the lexapro.

It is so frustrating and I am out of control. 

Sorry to be doing this again, but I am really scared and nowhere to turn.

#228 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 January 2019 - 10:47 AM

Yes - I found this. Maybe it could be the norepinephrine levels coupled with those from the duloxetine withdrawal. It is just a persistent very low mood. Absolutely nothing I can do to shift it. Nothing brings my happiness or pleasure, but I feel as though it should.

#229 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2019 - 12:31 PM

Actually those parts of the article I posted was from a website about Pregabalin withdrawal. Sorry, I should have included that note.

#230 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:27 PM

I guess this is exactly the reason why my GP doesn't want to cross taper me over to something else. As she said, once you start throwing other meds into the mix, you don't know which factors are causing which side effects.

#231 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 07 January 2019 - 01:58 PM

Hi all! Finally able to login after many failed attempts

#232 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:17 PM

Yea!!!  Sheee's Baaaackkk.

#233 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 02:36 PM

So, question. When people are doing an extremely slow taper. At what point do they start to feel withdrawal symptoms? Such as Sleep disturbances, pounding heart, dizziness. And then typically, how long do these symptoms last and do they experience them with each drop?

#234 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

They normally start feeling the symptoms below 30 mg BUT in this there is a lot of variability. I did a 3 month taper and I felt NO symptoms until I was down to 1 bead. I would say most start felling things around 20 mg or so and really get it bad below 10 mg. I have noticed that it seems that no matter how slow you wean or how fast the symptoms last from 6 to 8 months after the last dose BUT the symptoms aren't as bad with a slow wean and recovery is quicker. Symptoms can last 1 to 3 years after the last dose but this is unusual and mostly in the cases of cold turkey. Obviously these are generalities. There are even some people who get no symptoms at all.

#235 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 03:31 PM

What I am trying to figure out is as I experience withdrawal symptoms after only a 5% drop, would I experience these symptoms for the full 3 year taper. Or will they ease up throughout the taper.

#236 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:10 PM

They usually get worse as you taper. Unless you take breaks to stabilize you usually don't see any improvements until around 6 to 8 months after your last dose.

#237 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 January 2019 - 04:28 PM

Finally finished work - had to do a mammoth grocery shop. Great to see our FL girl back!!

Noush - I am no against cross-tapering with one drug so much as it has been with three! My mood elevated substantially during the day - and out of nowhere. I "just" started feeling better. As I said - no control.

I had symptoms when I dropped 60 to 30mg, but this was no doubt due to the drop of 50%. If I had counted, or gone 10% at a time, I am sure it would have been different. Each drop took longer to stabalise - and then we all know what happened at 10mg. Grrrrr.

Got a bit annoyed when saw the database error was back again last night. Relieved it was only temporary.

#238 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:03 PM

Gosh, 50% reductions. No wonder you experienced withdrawal IUN. That was a fast taper!

#239 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 January 2019 - 05:19 PM

You try explaining it to a doctor when they say 10mg to 0mg is a small drop.

Its not difficult - just think % and not mg. 

I was forced to a 100% drop!!! The bead count method makes complete sense!

#240 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 6,274 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 6 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:42 PM

I went cold turkey 5 years ago I do not wish that was withdrawal on anyone. I had been on 60 mg approximately 4 years after I lost my daughter. Finding this what's the best thing that ever happened to me. Unfortunately here I am 5 years later and cymbalta has left me some very unpleasant things.

I have terrible short-term memory, insomnia as well as other things that no one would want.

I am proud of all of you out there who are tapering at a slow pace because I certainly don't wish anything like I had upon anyone else.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users