Photo

2 Failed Tapers. Very Sensitive To Drops. Advice Please.

• Please log in to reply
250 replies to this topic

#241 TryinginFL

TryinginFL

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,138 posts
  • LocationFlorida
  • why_joining:
    Now that I have been off this poison for over 5 years, I hope to help others as they join us

Posted 07 January 2019 - 07:46 PM

Please excuse ridiculous words as they are caused by my stupid voice activated phone

#242 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 January 2019 - 08:32 PM

I really feel for you, and it is such a shame that people cannot be made to appease for the damage that meds have done. Its so wrong.

#243 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 523 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 07 January 2019 - 11:30 PM

Will be very interested to see how the l-theanine goes with your taper.

Just had a look on Amazon over here and the suntheanine only seems to be a little bit more expensive than the regular l-theanine, so worth it for the extra couple of quid.

Are suntheanine and l-theanine the same thing? 

#244 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,129 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2019 - 09:00 AM

Yes. The issue arises in products which are labeled L-theanine. Studies have shown that many contain D-theanine as well and therefore are less effective. Some of the suntheanine products offer a certificate of analysis and so far none have been lin ked to D-theanine that I know of.

#245 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 January 2019 - 10:05 AM

It is like so many vitamins, people do not realise what can be got away with when labeling something different.

I can speak of ashwaghanda myself, which can be made of root and leaf, where the leaf is not nearly as potent as the root. Even certain parts of the root are not as good, so you have no idea exactly the strength you are buying, only that it is a xxxmg dose. This is why I buy standardised KSM-66 as this uses a specific part of the root known to be the most potent, and it checked that every part has a minimum strength (by withanoids). That way you know you are getting the same strength each time.

I'd imagine it is a similar process with theanine.

#246 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 523 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 08 January 2019 - 11:51 AM

Yes. The issue arises in products which are labeled L-theanine. Studies have shown that many contain D-theanine as well and therefore are less effective. Some of the suntheanine products offer a certificate of analysis and so far none have been lin ked to D-theanine that I know of.

Do you take suntheanine? If so, can you recommend a brand? Thanks!

#247 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,129 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 January 2019 - 03:07 PM

No, not at this point. I am considering using it when I wean down on my Zoloft. Just look for one that is suntheanine and is caffeine free.

#248 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 January 2019 - 04:55 PM

This one looks the best for the UK at the moment - and currently a squid off!

https://www.amazon.c...rds=suntheanine

#249 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 January 2019 - 05:23 PM

Hey Noush...

Been a while - hope all is continuing well with you and your wonderful hubby! Would be interested it you went ahead with the suntheanine (or other) and how you got on...

:)

#250 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 January 2019 - 01:57 PM

Hey IUN - sorry I haven't checked in for a while. I've been extremely busy with work & had to work a few early starts/late finishes, so haven't been on here.

I didn't end up getting any Suntheanine. I'm doing really well. Apart from the odd, ever so slight 15mins of anxiety a couple of mornings on waking, I'm pretty much back to normal. I'm bead counting my capsules, so that I know I have the exact same amount of beads every day.

How are you?

#251 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 January 2019 - 04:25 PM

Fantastic news! I am so happy for you Noush. Just keep level with those damn beads and keep slow!! Hopefully you will be fine once you are at the zero point. But either way, your noggin should be well prepared for it. How wonderful!! 

I counted a whopping 26 days of a relatively good mood - insomuch that I didn't have any "bad" days, but had the odd "iffy" day. Anxiety still in the background, but easier to ignore if you know what I mean.

Unfortunately, owing to adrenaline issues, I didn't realise how fragile I was. I took an iron tablet last weds along with my Lexapro. The iron absorbed best part of the lexapro and stayed in my system to probably do something similar the next day - so all hell broke loose! But I seem to be more stable today.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users