2738 replies to this topic

#661 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:49 AM

Morning I'm exhausted I'm mentally exhausted to much stress I've been at my new job 3 weeks going through marriage issues and celexa withdrawl and I literally dont know how I'm making it through I dont know how much more I can take of all this or what I can do anymore this over thinking is stressing me out constant fear it's so overwhelming

#662 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:46 AM

Could use any words of encouragement right now

#663 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 16 November 2018 - 08:58 AM

Sweet AxleJames,

I read that you were taking Benadryl, does it help you to slow down your mind? It's a great med for that.

IUN suggested a book from Claire Weekes, not sure about the spelling. I suggest that you get this book, it will help you greatly to understand what's going on in your body, over thinking and the rest. You will not want to put it down. Easy reading and easy understanding.i will find the right title for you and come back.

If I send you a picture of Fish in his g-strings, would it help your mind to focus on something else? Got to smile at times my friend. Prayers for you and I'll be back!

#664 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:03 AM

Me again. Claire Weekes, title: Essential help for your nerves.

Treat yourself this weekend by buying this book. You will not regret it. Have a yellow marker near to highlight the passages that speak to you. Love, Gail

#665 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:11 AM

Words of encouragement AxleJames, this will be over as nothing lasts. I've seen in your posts that you had good moments, write them down so you can remember that it's not always dark.

You have prayers from all of us, but God is slow at times. In a few months, you'll look back with amazement at all you've been through. You will develop compassion at a high degree.

See you later!

#666 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 09:15 AM

Ordered the book will be here tomorrow

#667 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:41 AM

I need some advice as far as where I'm at with stuff should I hold out and see if it gets better or should I go in and see about switching meds I dont know what to do I dont know if I'm at the peak of the cymbalta where it should be helping me and I'm worried ill never get balanced I need help

#668 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 November 2018 - 10:54 AM

Good move on the book Axle - I started with this book. Let me know if I can help clear anything up whilst reading it.

We are in the same place again here. I am really struggling to see an end to this withdrawal of Cymbalta. I don't even know if my Celexa is working. But the problem here is that we can't stop and switch at any point like candy - these things take time - and this is the worst part. I have lost all patience after 3 months of switching over and I have only just come to the peak having stopped the Cym yesterday.

Like you I would love a time in the future when this will start to ease off. 'Hats famous words are haunting me today, but he is right.

Time and BLOODY patience!!

#669 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 11:07 AM

Lol time and BLOODY patience I love the way you put that it's so true

#670 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:23 PM

Lol time and BLOODY patience I love the way you put that it's so true

#671 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:37 PM

Iun I'm sorry that your going through this I would not wish it upon anyone but I'm thankful I'm not alone Gail thank you for your kind words I know I've said this before buy I dont know what I would do without the support you all provide

#672 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 01:46 PM

Axle - Are you still on 30mg of Cymbalta? This dose for me did nothing, I then increased to 40mg & this was my therapeutic dose. Any lower actually made me feel worse. Have you considered upping the dose until you are stable & have had a few good months. You have a lot going on to deal with in your personal life right now. That's a lot to deal with when you're feeling good, never mind going through withdrawal from an A.D. Once things have settled down with your wife & new job, then you could think about starting a nice slow taper. Just an option.

#673 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:11 PM

I could try that I have 10mg pills I'm nervous to vit I'll talk to my doc

#674 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:20 PM

Vit?

#675 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:33 PM

How would I approach my dr with this

#676 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

I meant but

#677 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:22 PM

Just tell them how you are feeling, what is going on in your life right now & ask their opinion on going up another 10mg. It only has to be temporary until everything in your personal life has settled.

#678 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 November 2018 - 04:40 PM

Just to weigh in here - from what I have seen, it is the length of time that people are on Cymbalta rather than the dose - although the two can overlap insomuch that a higher dose can take longer to come off. But in most cases, the longer the term of use of the drug, the more difficult/longer it will be to withdraw. 

Therefore, if a dose increase was on the cards, then it would be wise to try early rather than leave it til further down the line. If it will get you to a better place sooner, you could therefore start coming off sooner. But there are too many variables in the way to predict this. 

It needs to be well considered with all the other med talk that is going on. I'm sure 'Hat will have something to say later.

#679 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:16 PM

"But there are too many variables in the way to predict this."

Once again you hit the nail on the head. Axle has been on and off Celexa, on and off and back on Adderall, on 30 mg Cymbalta up to 60 mg and down to 30 mg. Who the heck knows what to do next. There are probably so many things going on in his body. At this point it is a guessing game.

#680 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:18 PM

So I was drinking a half cup to full cup of half coffee today I drank decaf green tea instead symptoms of withdrawl still there but I feel like I can deal with them a little better I am looking for ways to relieve stress I am praying this is all just from coming down off celexa 20mg for 8 years

#681 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:22 PM

Should I do nothing ride or out knuckle under or should I see about changing meds again honestly I think a lot of this is stress and my lack of being able to handle it correctly which creates anxiety and fear and then throw in obsessive thinking and things like that I hope it tries in to withdrawl if it doesnt then it wont ever end

#682 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:28 PM

30mg of Cymbalta wasn't enough for me, but 60mg was far too much. I was fatigued & fuzzy headed all the time.

Was the Celexa not working for you?

#683 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:35 PM

Celexa was amazing they took me off cause the drs mis diagnosed long qt by the time they realized the mistake I was already on cymbalta and withdrawing from celexa

#684 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 November 2018 - 05:58 PM

OMG - you are doing SO MUCH of what I have been doing. It is almost a joke.

Got pushed to Cymbalta only to find I shouldn't have been. If I can switch back, then so can you. But decisions need to be made.

If you can state categorically that you were better on Celexa than Cymbalta, then get on and switch back.

No more mucking about. But you need to be sure of this. I had SO much stress from trying to get the go-ahead from doctors to switch back and it caused me stress beyond that which I could imagine. So, I just started doing it anyway. No regrets. This is YOUR life man - not theirs. You are under no obligation to do what they say. Least of all as they have screwed you up.

I'd say the stress from all the so-called "health" providers is just about as bad as the damn withdrawal for me.

Time to think Axle. Hopefully for the last time too!! 

Oh - and get off the caffeine ASAP. Won't help you. 

#685 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

Caffeine is a big no no for me. I used to drink loads of the stuff. But these days it just sets off anxiety, makes me feel wired & lowers my mood when the initial effects wear off. Even tea has caffeine in it. Try going for a Chamomile Tea. Not as nice tasting, but has calming properties.

#686 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:04 PM

Iun are you on celexa now ? And o have a dr appt in December should I maybe call my doc next week and see about getting back on what was helping me I one day want to come off ad all together I dont know what to do now I'm sure your all sick of telling me what I should do but I need help

#687 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:14 PM

Yes.

My last Cymbalta dose was yesterday and now I am back on my 30mg dose of Celexa. 

I cross-tapered as you will need to do. But that is what we are here to help you with.

Don't put this off another day mate. If you are sure, we need to start getting you back to normal.

Noush - I have camomile, and it tastes like I have brewed a load of hay!! But a bit of honey and it is a pleasant drink...

#688 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:36 PM

Interesting enough I asked my wife and family what they thought if I went back on celexa they all agreed with you all now I have to figure out how for me I would be scared to try and do this without my dr

#689 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 November 2018 - 06:56 PM

"scared to try and do this without my dr "

The doctor who caused this mess in the first place??

Unless your doctor has been on Cymbalta, trust me when I tell you that Hat, Gail, myself and all others will know FAR more about coming off this stuff. However, your doctor DOES have access to your medical records that we do not.

Therefore, you will need to tell your doctor what you want to do, and check back in with us with the details.

#690 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 November 2018 - 07:09 PM

So I was feeling a little peace today I went and talked to a marriage counselor today because that's what my wife suggested it turned out that this counselor was a social worker and now the wife shot it down doing counseling and once again just crushed my hope I'm sorry to share this here I'm just so emotionally weak right now

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users