2738 replies to this topic

#1171 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 December 2018 - 05:56 PM

Well there you go - factor in that bias of the 4% that they make up from those figures... and you have an even more positive outlook towards our beliefs!! :)

#1172 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:51 PM

Did I miss something here. China makes up somewhere around 16% of the worlds population (guesstimate). I would think that would have a bigger effect.

#1173 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 22 December 2018 - 06:57 PM

They say that quantum mechanics has defeated materialist science that's a recurring theme I've come across if I understand correctly quantum mechanics points to a creator and to a spiritual realm that can provide evidence based results

#1174 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 December 2018 - 08:17 PM

Yes Hat you are right, but I can't be doing with the maths as I am trying to keep my head in my own research at the same time!

Axle - quantum mechanics confirms theories of different vibratory matter, which points to the likelihood of souls survival. There is still the question of the soul transmuting from the physical to the non-physical, but I won't be getting into that this evening!! Nor should I be encouraging you!!!

Science will never replace faith my friend. If it did, there would be no reason or faith - and again, as I said a few weeks back... if God popped down to us mere mortals just to say "Hi guys - by the way I'm real... see ya'" - can you imagine what place the world would be!!

#1175 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:31 AM

Quantum mechanics has nothing to do with planes of reality or God. Quantum mechanics is the science of the very small. It explains the behavior of matter and its interactions with energy on the scale of atoms and subatomic particles. By contrast, classical physics only explains matter and energy on a scale familiar to human experience, including the behavior of astronomical bodies such as the Moon. There are no 'other planes of existence". It simply reflects a different set of physical laws below the size of an atom.

#1176 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:32 AM

Iun and fish thank you I wish and pray I can get over these intrusive thoughts I recognize now that I'm also afraid to let them go like if I dont go back and reassure myself that I'll forget and if I forget then something bad will happen idk I feel like I've gone completely crazy I just want to feel normal so bad and faking it at work and other places is exhausting I'm tired today all my muscles are tense

#1177 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 08:49 AM

I'm so sorry that you are going through this Axle. And I know that a few may disagree with me here & think that what you are going through is simply withdrawal. But coming from somebody who has Pure O (a form of OCD that creates intrusive thoughts when anxiety is high), you really do sound like you could be suffering severe episode of OCD. You thoughts/doubts & queries are your obsession & your need to
Research & reassure yourself is your compulsion. Please consider this. It may help for you to look into this. Trust me, I have been where you are now.

#1178 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:12 AM

I guess my post about quantum mechanics seemed a little harsh. Sorry about that. I just don't understand the link to alternate planes of existence or God. Are there actual theories out there about that?

#1179 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:37 AM

Hat - you have every right to speak up, and it was indeed me who got confused with the planes of existence (although the Max Planck boffins are working on this), but it is the soul survival part that quantum mechanics is looking to prove. But yes, it has nothing to do with God, or as I said, the translation between worlds - this is where science and religion - I believe - will never overlap.

I think it is the work of Roger Penrose who found that the quantum information of micro tubules (assumed within ourselves) is distributed elsewhere in the universe at the point of passing on.

I don't fully understand the science behind it as it is not my primary field, so admittedly I read between the lines to a degree.

#1180 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:45 AM

Just looking more into it, it does seem that scientists are stating that this theory links to their being a "quantum level" at which this energy resides, but the level is not explained by quantum mechanics itself - it is currently assumed to benefit the above hypothesis.

OK - this is very heavy for a Sunday!!

#1181 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:46 AM

Noush that sounds correct but what can I do about it at the bottom of it the reason it's like this is depression from the withdrawl and all the other things going on in my life I keep thinking what the point of anything I'm gonna die anyway and when I think that way I feel the need to look to the after life and I cant feel anything it seems like I'm numb I feel lost and just unsure of the world around me everything I was sure of a year ago Is unravelled and it feels like my mind cant find ground it just keeps falling i question all of my thoughts and feelings thinking if it's all just neurons and chemicals then what i believed was real spiritually before was just my brain and that scares me and makes me question everything

#1182 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 10:48 AM

I'm sorry for the heavy topic just a hard day for me feels like it will be like this forever

#1183 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:06 AM

What meds are you on right now?

#1184 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:12 AM

Lamotragine 200mg duloxetine 30mg adderall 10mg see the doctor December 31st she will not give me anything that has been known to altar qtc

#1185 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 December 2018 - 01:47 PM

Your right IUN. Way too heavy for a Sunday. I just read through a couple of articles that outline his papers. Supposedly the quantum levels of neutrons are shifted inside the neutrons in tubules in our body. Tubules that no one has ever found and that allows for the 'consciousness' to be stored there at a certain frequency. Many researchers have proposed variations of these percepts, all proposed by scholars who are mathematicians and some are experts in the area of physics as well. What I found interesting is that almost all of them are atheists 'searching for a mathematical proof' to the soul in a subatomic world in our body.

I think I will go back to working on my garden.

#1186 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 23 December 2018 - 02:33 PM

Oh man! I'm sure glad that you three or four Einsteins understand each other!

#1187 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:26 PM

What are you taking the Lamotragine for? Do you have seizures? I don't think the Cymbalta will be doing anything to help at such a low dose. 30mg is not a therapeutic dose for depression/anxiety or OCD. 30mg did nothing for me. 60mg was too much, but 40mg worked and stopped all intrusive thoughts & depression. I wouldn't recommend upping it long term, but I would either consider it OR consider cross tapering to something else.

#1188 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:33 PM

Agreed - 30mg is just sitting on the fence, but i'm sure some have been on this dose, although I would argue more placebo effect in such cases.

Personally I would cross-taper... slowly. Problem is that Axle's doc won't let him near Lexapro which is a shame. But then again, there are other meds which will support his OCD

#1189 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:39 PM

I don't think the Cymbalta will be doing anything to help at such a low dose. 30mg is not a therapeutic dose for depression/anxiety or OCD.

Noush, 30 mg was miraculous on me. I felt the change, but then again, I’m sensitive to meds, anyway.

#1190 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:41 PM

Why won't he let him near Lexapro? What is the Lamotragine prescribed for?

#1191 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:45 PM

There we are - proven wrong! So we can't completely rule it out.

Lexapro has instances of long QT (heart valve timing). but this would be at seriously high doses. Originally found as an effect of Celexa, hence the reduction of the max dose down from 60mg to 40mg (or 20mg for elderly). Lexapro being of similar molecular composition followed suit by dropping max dose from 30mg to 20mg.

#1192 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 03:47 PM

Really Ozgun? And were you taking it for Anxiety/OCD? Are you now completely off the Cymbalta?

#1193 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:04 PM

I took it for anxiety and had to stop cold turkey after my dose was increased to 60 (serotonin syndrome type of thing). It has been about a month since. I’m on Zoloft now.

#1194 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:10 PM

If the 30mg worked well, why did you increase to 60mg if you don't mind me asking?

#1195 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:16 PM

I was in a depressive episode for about 5 months that ended in a week-long panic attack. Bad times :/ About 20 days after the increase I showed mild serotonin syndrome symptoms for about 3 days, and had to stop. Maybe if I had the opportunity to increase in time, that wouldn’t have been happened.

#1196 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:33 PM

Yes, 30mg to 60mg is quite a big increase.

#1197 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:50 PM

So maybe I'll ask to go up to 40mg I dont know i might try and bring up lexapro as far as why they dont let me use celexa and them is because they said it was causing long qtc

#1198 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 04:53 PM

Lamotraginevis for mood stabilization

#1199 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:09 PM

I think from previous history Axle, we will all have to wait to see what your doc says as she seems to have a strong hold on where you go with your meds.... but see what she says and remember you have the last word what you put into your system.

I was in a depressive episode for about 5 months that ended in a week-long panic attack.

Bloody 'ell Oz. A week long panic attack!? That is just too much... you really have been thru it.

#1200 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 23 December 2018 - 05:46 PM

Axle - Do you have Bipolar? If you are on ADHD meds & an antidepressant, why did they add Lamotragine. As far as I am aware, here in the UK, Lamotrogine is mainly used for Epilepsy or in Bipolar patients. My husband was on Lamotragine when he was first diagnosed with Epilepsy. It didn't suit him & actually made things worse. These drugs are also hard to wean off.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users