2761 replies to this topic

#1201 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 December 2018 - 07:05 PM

It is used "off-label" for PTSD Noush... so that is probably why.

#1202 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 23 December 2018 - 11:22 PM

Oh man! I'm sure glad that you three or four Einsteins understand each other!

I'm with you gail, I didn't understand!

#1203 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:05 AM

Normally I access the forum through my phone i had to get a new phone( iphone) now I cant access forum on there? In any case I will have to make due with my computer. I had a dream (vision) this morning it started with me talking to me telling myself how I need to organize all the information in my mind I saw like piles and piles of boxes all containing information I have read recently and I was telling myself i need to organize and purge some of the stuff that does not line up with my personal beliefs. Then I had the recurring dream( vision ) ive had for a long time I was walking with Jesus and talking to him he was telling me how he has great plans for me and that I need to take care of myself and then I was washing his feet I have had this vision dream many times before its nothing like an OBE I know its me just using my imagination but I am comfortable with that because sometimes Jesus says things that are not on my mind in any case I am uneasy and feel slightly uncomfortable I know this is just withdrawls the 26th is 4 months off celexa its reasonable to say I am still adjusting. The wife and i are getting divorced, however we have decided to remain in a commited relationship she just doesnt want the title of wife and all the responsabilites that go with it at this point I am ok with just being life partners if you will, I have made it clear to her tho that if things go south she can move out and on. in any case that is my thoughts for the day I will check my computer peridoically because I greatly appreciate hearing from all of you and hearing your take on things. The lamotragine is a mood stabalizer I have been diagnosed with borderline personality disorder I think thats what its for. In any case i am on the fence of going up to 40 mg because as of now I am having sexual side effects no problems getting going and finishing just not finishing strong sorry if that makes anyone uncomfortable the problem is I dont know if that issue is from the duloxetine or withdrawls. once again sorry if that is gross but I feel safe here and not judged so I look to you all for help in any case any ideas on meds is welcomed. has anyone talked about BuSpar as an alternative?

#1204 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 December 2018 - 10:32 AM

All I can say is buspar is a weak drug for anxiety. It is not near strong enough for a replacement for Cymbalta.

#1205 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 December 2018 - 01:32 PM

"The wife and i are getting divorced, however we have decided to remain in a commited relationship she just doesnt want the title of wife and all the responsabilites that go with it at this point I am ok with just being life partners if you will, I have made it clear to her tho that if things go south she can move out and on."

Very strange turn of events that. 

What happens when you try to access the forum? My wife has an iPhone and I can get onto the site...

#1206 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Ill log in and ill go my posts and it still says im not logged in just everytime its like it accepts it but wont actually sign me in. I let my mind get out of control today been anxious all day and fed my anxiety respones from atheists to all the beliefs i have. Why do i do this its like im mentally toruturing myself without even trying. One thing I did find out atheists dont neccarily believe there is no God for them they just dont believe any proof that is out there or evidence is sufficient enough for them i find it comforting and not comforting all at once. when i read their responses it makes me questions everything all over again agiain mental torture its like I wont ever be happy I wont ever have a day that my shoulders are not up by my ears and my neck hurts and ears are ringing this is some of the worst feeling emotions physical symptoms I feel like i have ever had my entire life the 26th will be 4 months off celexa

#1207 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

4 months. I hope you can hang in there another 4 to 8 weeks, maybe less. You are strong AJ.

#1208 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:31 PM

Yes - it is agnostics who do not believe, atheists just don't have proof. Agnostics are very closed-minded people.

"its like im mentally toruturing myself without even trying"

This is not just you. I do this. Gail does this. Most mornings I play scenarios in my head until I find one that makes me uncomfortable. Then I know I'm still not right. I really need to focus on what I can do, rather than what I cannot do. Just as you need to focus on what we can know, rather than what we cannot know.

#1209 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:35 PM

"its like im mentally toruturing myself without even trying"

This is not just you. I do this. Gail does this. Most mornings I play scenarios in my head until I find one that makes me uncomfortable. Then I know I'm still not right. I really need to focus on what I can do, rather than what I cannot do. Just as you need to focus on what we can know, rather than what we cannot know.

It takes great mental work not to. But you get there eventually.

#1210 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 December 2018 - 06:50 PM

I use to do it to but it does get better.

#1211 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 25 December 2018 - 08:05 AM

Hi Axle,

I like the fact that you are using your computer, you're easier to read because you can use
, . ? ! And so on. What a beautiful vision you had, with Jesus.

Scrat said something that sounded reasonable for us, focus on what we know rather on what we can't know. Thanks Einstein for that phrase.

Speaking of, my neighbor and friend Pierre, died 2 years ago. He did not believe in a higher power and what goes with this. Four weeks before he died, he was in my home drinking Porto. A bottle of Porto every month, drinked in four phases. I asked questions about his upcoming death. He said, when I die, it's over, no after life. And I said to him, Pierre, you Are in for a big surprise! He said that he was atheist. I would say that he was agnostic.

#1212 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:16 AM

Interesting read last night and you all probably know this I didnt but anxiety and depression can cause depersonlization and derealization which comes from the withdrawl guess what happens when someone gets like that existenial crisis while this helps I do need to get my anxiety and depression in check (time and patience) it has been a difficult road so far and things have gotten better i can look back through these posts like a journal and see days where I thought i was not gonna make it to days where i have stabled out thank you to all for that if i didnt have you all for reassurance which to me is the best kind of reassurance you can get ( good friends) then it really helps I want to wish you all a merry Christmas I am truly indebted to you all in the sense of if there is anything I can do as time progresses I am here this is far from over I know that I can still feel the anxiety creeping the existential questions peaking in and out but at least I know now I am not alone in this and its a by product of withdrawl.

#1213 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:36 AM

Great post and spot on.

#1214 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 December 2018 - 09:59 AM

Absolutely. Well thought out - seems like you have a good grasp of where you are and where you need to go with this all. 

#1215 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 25 December 2018 - 11:16 AM

Love your avatar and thanks for the nice post. No more computer? Lol

#1216 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:35 PM

Merry Christmas!    :wub: 

#1217 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:45 PM

Love your avatar and thanks for the nice post. No more computer? Lol

On which note - we MUST get Hat a avatar. I saw this thinking of that time you saw him in his mankini... what do you think?

https://images-na.ss...pzL._UX679_.jpg

After all... it is a FISHING HAT :)

#1218 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 December 2018 - 01:49 PM

I will give you a hint. I only wear straw hats when fishing to keep my head cool and limit sunburns.

#1219 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 December 2018 - 02:32 PM

That was the last piece of the puzzle Hat.

Finally I have tracked you down - I knew you couldn't stay invisible under my watch :)

https://purestock.co...62/02e60668.jpg

#1220 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 December 2018 - 05:20 PM

Looks good.

Oh to be that young and good looking again. (sigh)

#1221 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 December 2018 - 05:39 PM

I thought I would flatter you in both age and looks department Hat...

..after all, it is Christmas :D

#1222 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 05:48 PM

Just watching a Pod Cast of The Fighter & The Kid. They were just discussing a book called 'Chasing the Scream', about ways to deal with Depression & Anxiety & how antidepressants only work short term. Has anyone read it? I think I'm gonna download it. They highly recommend it!

#1223 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:18 PM

Big mistake here today decided I would try coffee specifically starbucks ended up panicking and throwing up and now im in a states of nerves on end going crazy with anxiety what the heck was I thinking ruined christmas night for me. In any case I am hoping I start feeling better soon. need to steer clear of caffeine still obviously in my defense I wanted to try and see if I could drink coffee like I used to nope cant do that yet. Now I need to find a way to come down so I can rest and go back to work tomorrow. I hope you all had a good Christmas also I dont know about the anxiety/anti depressant working short term the combination I was on for 8 years seemed to help even tho I have been in a tail spin for the last almost 4 months. 8 year seems not to short but then again thats my opinion.

#1224 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:29 PM

Just watching a Pod Cast of The Fighter & The Kid. They were just discussing a book called 'Chasing the Scream', about ways to deal with Depression & Anxiety & how antidepressants only work short term. Has anyone read it? I think I'm gonna download it. They highly recommend it!

This is Johann Hari - take it with a pinch of salt. The guy is a journalist trying to up his profile after he got found out for plagiarism. Read his first book which is all pop psychology. Telling us that drugs do not work and the whole world is all about companies trying to rob us of money - like we don't know that already. His advice to getting rid of anxiety and depression? Change your life. Like it is that easy.

He started his book saying that he was suffering from the worst anxiety ever known... OK - got that - the worst anxiety?

He then said he was on a road trip around Europe with his friend during this time. Clearly the guy has no sense of "the worst" anxiety if he could leap out of bed and go for an expedition around the continent.

I did read the book to the end, but found myself getting very angry with it. Tread with caution.

#1225 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:33 PM

No no no. No coffee dude. But breathe ok. It wasn't that long ago I was in the pharmacy - oddly enough, next to Starbucks!! - when I threw up. It will leave you and become a memory. Just learn from it. Christmas does not have to be ruined.

Focus on things you can do like I said. This is not a time or place for challenges. Settle first as difficult as it is because we all know how much we want to push forward to know we are unbreakable.

Acceptance.

That is the key. Not preaching here as I am the worst for doing what I say - but I am trying to keep it at the front of my thinking!

#1226 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 December 2018 - 06:38 PM

This'll cheer you up... I opened up one of my last Cymbalta capsules.

Look at the beads...

I found A CHRISTMAS CYMBALTA!!

https://images-na.ss..._SR160,160_.jpg

:D  :D  :D  :D

#1227 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 26 December 2018 - 12:14 AM

This'll cheer you up... I opened up one of my last Cymbalta capsules.

Look at the beads...

I found A CHRISTMAS CYMBALTA!!

https://images-na.ss..._SR160,160_.jpg

:D  :D  :D  :D

That looks like jimmies! (Do you have them in the UK?)

#1228 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 01:49 AM

😂🤣😂🤣 Love the Christmas Cymbalta beads!

#1229 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 26 December 2018 - 02:18 AM

I will leave the book then IVN! Thanks for that. After having my son & being diagnosed with Postnatal Anxiety/Depression & OCD. I spent 2 years trying to get better wwithout medication. I had CBT, tried meditaion, natural supplements such as St John's Wart etc & nothing worked until I went on Cymbalta. I did try several other A.D's first but they were either too sedative or stimulating whilst looking after a baby (in hindsight I wish I had given Citalopram longer than a week to settle). But hey ho, we are where we are!

I do believe that some people (most likely including me too) need these meds long term. And do you know what, so what if we do. If we don't suffer side effects and find the one that suits us, why try to come off them. I would never ask my husband to come off his Epilepsy meds to see if he still suffers seizures.

Axle, although I have pretty much stabilised again reinstating my dose to 40mg, I'm not 100% & am not sensitive to lots of things. If I have alcohol, even just 1 or 2 Gin & Tonics, I feel I have vertigo the next day. I can't have caffeine. Yesterday I made a Bailey's Tiramisu for desert. With lots of stronge filter coffee & Bailey's in. I had a large portion & lots of chocolate before bed. I didn't sleep very well, mind racing a bit & then woke at 6am feeling quite anxious. Then started over thinking about Cymbalta & when would be a good time to cross taper if I needed to & how I would cope with work etc etc. Luckily at this point my husband woke up & started talking to me. This then distracted my thoughts & now feeling a bit better. That is definitely key for me, stopping that snowball effect with my thoughts.

#1230 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 December 2018 - 08:22 AM

"That looks like jimmies! "

OK, I will bite, what is a jimmie?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users