#1291 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 January 2019 - 11:17 AM

We are always thinking of you too AJ. The good times will get better and the bad spells will slowly disappear. It is a waiting game know.

#1292 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 January 2019 - 01:04 PM

Yes - waiting game!! My favourite...!

As Hat has mentioned on many occasions, just steer clear of stress like the plague. We can often think we are bullet-proof after a good day, whereas, unfortunately - all it takes is the wrong words or the wrong action, and BAM. 

Ken might be talking about the moments when there is updating and whatnot going on with the forum. Happens every now and again, but should only be for minutes. Might be something to do with the mobile version of the site - the "normal" version has been stable for some time...

.. and our gratitude to Ken for that. :)

#1293 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 12:21 PM

UPDATE FOR AJ VIA FACEBOOK

"I have been doing a little better lately definitely not 100 percent I seem to be physically carrying a lot of stress and anxiety but mentally less I’ve realized I’ve had to face my own mortality and it brought a lot of fear up in me it’s been a battle for sure I’m struggling now to find purpose and meaning in my life"

#1294 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 February 2019 - 02:31 PM

Thank you IUN . Tell AJ hello for me.

#1295 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 February 2019 - 04:54 PM

Thank you IUN . Tell AJ hello for me.

Have passed this on for you...

#1296 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 01:39 PM

Update: Some days are better than others I obsess over existential questions still to the point of angst and turmoil. There have been some good days still I m not sure if when i see my dr next if I should ask for an increase to my zoloft Advice would be helpful. All in all life seems to be trying to get on some track, however I am still anxious especially about the unknown lately. I have had some angry outburst and I am having trouble controlling my appetite I also cant seem to just quite my mind. I keep wondering if all I am is a chemical reaction as most modern secularist scientists say we are just a product of brain chemicals we live and die and dont matter that has brought me down so low I thought of just ending it because whats the point but then Ill read something or focus on something else and Ill feel better a little but it seems like when there is free space thats what I think about. I had thought tho what if this is just what I obsess about because of the anxiety and depression like some people obsess about there health others obsess about other things and me I obsess over the big questions because that is what feeds it its what keeps me in a constant state of stress not sure why i would want to be subconciously or otherwise I am writing because you all have seen my journey you know what i ve been through and some of you have gone through this I turn to you all for help I wish that I could get on here more but life and the ability to get on a computer gets in the way it does not cheapen what we have as friends I hope because I do still think of all of you. any advice is welcomed

thank you lots of love

Chris

#1297 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:03 PM

It seems like you are improving but very slowly. You are going to be one of those slowly to heal. What are you taking for the symptoms right now?

#1298 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:20 PM

Good to hear from you AJ.

Anxiety, angry moments, racing thoughts and appetite. Sounds like classic withdrawal to me. But yes, I obsess about my health so I can see why you have the same existential issues. Same problem - just different train of thought. Like you say, all the time you are occupied it is ok, then as soon as you stop... there it is. Mind quietening is not an east task. Its all about being in the present moment and never the past or the future. Elkart Tolle is the best when considering this sort of thing. He is a very wise and funny little German bloke.

...and we're always here for you man! Whenever you can get here :)

#1299 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

Fish I am just still taking my zoloft 50mg and Lamotragine 150mg adderall 10 mg and going to a psychologist every 2 weeks

#1300 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:33 PM

Raise the Zoloft some more? Or maybe try a supplement?

#1301 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 February 2019 - 05:53 PM

A potential suntheanine candidate methinks.

#1302 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:04 PM

Me thinks too.

#1303 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 February 2019 - 06:29 PM

what has happened to our vernacular today??!

#1304 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:30 PM

What is suntheanine

#1305 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 February 2019 - 10:40 PM

Is a pure form of l-theanine. Used for anxiety and overall calming effects. Quite a lot of people have used it with good results. Is very safe to take with other meds, no side effects, no withdrawal. Can take it as needed, or daily.

#1306 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 February 2019 - 03:25 PM

On behalf of AJ [via Facebook]

"So I’ve been looking up stuff trying to figure out just what the heck is happening with my thought life and it seems I’m in this existential ocd loop could you pass this message onto fish and the others see if there’s any supplements that will help me in the meantime"

#1307 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:41 PM

Any of the supplements that increase bnf (Brain-derived neurotrophic factor) could help. This would include Lion's Mane mushroom, Omega 3, and others. This stimulates new nerve production and healing of nerves as well as memory, cognitive function and more.

#1308 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 February 2019 - 04:49 PM

It also includes …

NAC (N-Acetylcysteine) an antioxidant
Theanine -Increases BDNF and attenuates cortisol-to-DHEA
Resveratrol
Ginseng

#1309 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 February 2019 - 04:41 PM

[on behalf of AJ via Facebook who is currently feeling the tension of work.. bless him]

"I am trying to keep my mind busy at work there’s lots to do but it can get stressful so as I got stressed my anxiety went up and then the existential thoughts happen and I feel more anxious"

#1310 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:15 PM

Latest from AJ via Facebook;

"Hey bud can you post this update just wanting to let everyone know I’m up to 75 mg Zoloft and in therapy so far it has gotten better some days I’m stronger than others some of the ocd has gone away and I feel a bit more aware of my mental health I still fear and think about death quite a bit but I’m trying to work past it I believe it has been a way for me to avoid my feelings and emotions by obsessing over questions that have no answers in any case how are all of you lots of love Chris"

#1311 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 April 2019 - 04:52 PM

Great to heart from Chris. Appreciate him keeping us posted. Slow but steady wins the race.

#1312 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 March 2020 - 05:39 PM

Wow - can it really have been a year since we heard from AJ, for those that remember him....

An update from him via Facebook;

"Ok so I can’t get on there for some odd reason but if you want you can update everyone basically I’m off all my meds except adderall so far I’ve been doing pretty well , however the lows are really difficult to manage and it’s only been a month but I sometime think about going back to medicine I don’t think the dr had me taper properly basically it was 1 week of tapering Lamotragine and 1 week Zoloft been off for 1 month tho I guess I wonder how long the withdrawal will last is there anything I can do to make recovery quicker"

He now has use of a desktop, so he hopes to be joining the crew again soon!

#1313 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:49 PM

Had my first appointment with Dr. since tapering and coming off of Zoloft and Lamotragine, He did confirm that My bod will take time to adjust as well as my brain. I have been experiencing higher levels of Anxiety lately just cant seem to deal with stress very well. I was surprised when I asked about supplaments he said he cant prescribe them but recommended off the record ashwaganda, st johns wart and CBD quite pleased that he was on board helping me. I have a plan in place that if I am not at least 60 to 75 percent better in 6 months then maybe medicine will be something I will need, however for right now I am fighting the good fight. I hope you all are well. Not sure if there are any new people but hello to them. 

Chris 

#1314 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 March 2020 - 03:56 PM

Chris,  how long did he have you take to taper off the Zoloft?

You hang in there.

#1315 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 March 2020 - 06:00 PM

Great news that you have got back online with us Chris.

Yes, I know we have spoken on and off for a while, but we will need all the details since to get you back in the picture...

#1316 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 07:41 PM

Chris,  how long did he have you take to taper off the Zoloft?

You hang in there.

So he started me tapering off lamotragine first which was basically the first day instead of taking 200 mg it was 150mg for 2 days then down to 75 for 2 days and so on until i was off completely . then zoloft same thing i was on 100 mg so first day i took 75 mg for 2 days then 50mg for 2 days basically until i was done. so over a 2 week period roughly i came off both of those. the first week or week and a half I felt like i was drunk all the time. Now i feel like i have a head cold or a sinus infection i know I had read somewhere that was a withdrawal side effect the sinus infection  stuff. I am doing my best to go strong but some days are harder I am not depressed nor do I want to hurt myself but most days I am super wound up more than usual and not great at managing. I am hoping  it will subside over time. as usual any help is welcome my dear friends. 

#1317 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:22 AM

Hello AJ,

With my memory gone south, I don't quite remember you, sorry! With time and reading your ancient post, it should come back. Love.

#1318 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 March 2020 - 08:46 AM

What?! Holy Cow that was fast!!! Most drs wean over 3 to 6 months and most people who have been through it say you should take a year to wean.  That is the shortest wean I have ever heard of. I am so happy for you. Congratulations.

#1319 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:16 AM

What?! Holy Cow that was fast!!! Most drs wean over 3 to 6 months and most people who have been through it say you should take a year to wean.  That is the shortest wean I have ever heard of. I am so happy for you. Congratulations.

The problem I am experiencing is the Ups and downs that I dont think i would have if I did a proper wean. I tried st. johns wart this morning it has helped a little but I feel mostly scatter brained still. Not sure if this makes sense but feel like i am on auto pilot im sitting here at work I have stuff I need to do but cant seem to bring myself to do it instead I sit here and let myself get anxious over it like feeding my anxiety. 

#1320 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:35 AM

St. John's Wart has a withdrawal as well but not to bad.  No stomach problems yet?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)