2759 replies to this topic

#1321 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 10:56 AM

St. John's Wart has a withdrawal as well but not to bad.  No stomach problems yet?

No stomach issues but I dont think i will continue to use it may just need to ride the storm like in the past and hope that I will get better on my own in the next 6 months 

#1322 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:11 AM

Bloody hell - that is a seriously fast withdrawal. I am shocked that you haven't had anything worse as a result - so don't be too surprised if something else comes along in the next few days.

St, John's wort will take a while to build up in your system, so don't expect miracles from day one. It is different from SSRI's obvously, but it still works on the same serotonin receptors in the brain which need time to react to the stuff.

Also heed Hat's note that it also has something of a withdrawal, but if you get through what your doctor has done in the last few weeks on your previous meds, then it will for sure not post a problem!

#1323 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:36 AM

anyone else spend their day worry they are going to get this virus ?

#1324 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2020 - 11:45 AM

No - just worried that the progress I have made with my anxiety will be reversed as a result of this lockdown

#1325 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 March 2020 - 12:15 PM

anyone else spend their day worry they are going to get this virus ?

Oh yea, older than dirt, low white blood cell count, several other health threats, etc. A few worries have passed through my mind. Luckily I still have my biohazard respirators from when I worked and lots of cartridges. As soon as the coronavirus was reported from China my wife stocked up on everything we need so we should be in good shape. The biggest threat is to the wife who is still working. They even write up employees if they don't come to work when sick even if you have a drs excuse. Stupid. If you miss three days work due to illness you are fired. That really helps the isolation. lol

#1326 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 24 March 2020 - 01:38 PM

Oh yea, older than dirt, low white blood cell count, several other health threats, etc. A few worries have passed through my mind. Luckily I still have my biohazard respirators from when I worked and lots of cartridges. As soon as the coronavirus was reported from China my wife stocked up on everything we need so we should be in good shape. The biggest threat is to the wife who is still working. They even write up employees if they don't come to work when sick even if you have a drs excuse. Stupid. If you miss three days work due to illness you are fired. That really helps the isolation

I work in the auto industry and they say we are essential I come into contact with random people all day and techs and other employees its a matter of time mind you I am a 37 year old basically healthy individual i even crack jokes that the army pumped me full of stuff that I should be immune to anything yet I am still freaking out. I cant wait to feel level again. 

#1327 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 24 March 2020 - 03:41 PM

Hat - I cannot believe that is the case! There was me thinking it was just the UK pulling the stupid stunts. 

AJ - I can see your situation for sure. But for me there is a fine line between needing the money and staying safe and doing what I am told. But when the government is helping out the employed and forgetting the self-employed, I do feel like taking matters into my own hands. Rent won't happen - technically I could be evicted, I cannot afford next term for Uni, although that should be OK if it is just one term, but still not good for morale. I love my research. It goes so deep.

#1328 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:22 PM

Today my anxiety has been high my body is tense and I seem to be retaining fluid and gas which is strange to say. I do not handle stress well and because of the virus and the work I do i am under a lot of stress. I normally can handle some stress could the fact I am going through this period of withdrawal just make me super sensitive to stress right now?

#1329 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 March 2020 - 06:38 PM

Could the fact I am going through this period of withdrawal just make me super sensitive to stress right now?

I would be surprised if it was anything else AJ.

But don't think you are alone. My anxiety has shot through the roof because of this damn virus, and as you have admitted it, I will do also in saying that I am also retaining gas for some reason! Stress does the craziest things...

#1330 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 March 2020 - 09:11 AM

Agree with both of you.

#1331 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 10:10 AM

The one thing I can say tho is that in this round the only real issue I am dealing with is Anxiety its a blessing and a curse a blessing because I am not getting panic attacks like before I am not getting racing thoughts. I just have this overwhelming sense of being unwell like tense muscles and a constant worry that things are not OK in lala land. For those of you who have gone threw with withdrawal (fish) did the Generalized Anxiety subside over time ? 

#1332 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 March 2020 - 12:02 PM

Yes, slowly over 6 to 8 months for most.

#1333 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 26 March 2020 - 02:07 PM

Hello Chris,

I was taking cymbalta for generalized anxiety and depression, it only worsen the above. What I'm saying is if you had the same as myself, it doesn't go away unless you didn't have it before.

Tell me, my memory is still in the south. You signed as Chris, is it Chris L ? If so, of course I'd remember you! Love.

#1334 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 26 March 2020 - 03:29 PM

Hello Chris,

I was taking cymbalta for generalized anxiety and depression, it only worsen the above. What I'm saying is if you had the same as myself, it doesn't go away unless you didn't have it before.

Tell me, my memory is still in the south. You signed as Chris, is it Chris L ? If so, of course I'd remember you! Love.

Yes Gail its me LOL. 

#1335 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 26 March 2020 - 04:16 PM

Great! Now I can put a face on the name and follow your posts! Love.

#1336 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 March 2020 - 06:02 PM

You've still got it Gailage!!

#1337 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 29 March 2020 - 10:42 AM

How is everyone doing. My state put us in stay at home order for the next 2 weeks. My anxiety has basically made my body completely exhausted I dont feel like doing anything, and yet I am still anxious I pray for ending to this I do not want to go back on medicine , but everyday I feel like that is where I am heading.

#1338 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 March 2020 - 05:30 PM

Hey brother...

We're already a week in over here in the UK. It really spiked my anxiety for the first few days, and I am still waking up to the sobering thought that I am in my own personal prison. It is very difficult to find the enthusiasm to do anything - I know exactly how you feel. And whilst I don't want it to come across as much of an alarm, you might need to prepare yourself for a longer term than the 2 weeks. They are already talking about over 2 months here - but I also pray, like you, it doesn't come to that. 

#1339 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:34 AM

It does seem like it will be longer My company just laid off 5 people and cut my hours I dont know what I am going to do. ?

#1340 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 March 2020 - 09:50 AM

Try not to think too far ahead. 

I am self-employed and income has all but dried up. I just hope that clients are still there when we get out of this.

I know it doesn't always help, but we are all in the same boat. It is horrific and scary. 

#1341 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 09:32 AM

Depression has hit hard this morning :(

#1342 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:11 PM

Hang in there AJ. We are all just holding on.

#1343 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:58 PM

Absolutely. Hit tough for me today at day 10, thinking there are plenty more to follow.

We at least can justify our feelings - they are not irrational. It is when they are irrational we have problems as they have difficulty in passing. The presents fears are circumstantial and should pass with the passing of the circumstances.

#1344 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 05:52 PM

Thank you all. I am offically 2 months off Lamotragine , that is not why I am depressed Its difficult the way things are now My wife cant go back to work until at least May 1st now they are telling her we actually opened up her business about 2 months before this happened and now we may lose it. I am struggling dealing with the constant bombardment of bad news. As a prior soldier it hits me because it was easier fighting when I had a real enemy now there is this invisible thing I cant fight I cant protect my family from nothing and it just sucks. On top of it all I am overwhelmed at work people where I live see this time off as a good time to get things done with their vehicles we laid off a bunch of people and we have more work than we can handle its stressful and overwhelming. I come home from work and am just wiped I feel so bad and so guilty because I want to connect with my kids I want to connect with my wife but I am so emotionally drained so mentally taxed and exhausted I just cant seem to muster anymore. 

#1345 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:48 AM

AJ,

What's left to do? Only thing is prayer for strength, hope and courage.
In these time of tribulations, we all need each other.
So normal to feel overwhelmed. Real normal. Love.

#1346 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 April 2020 - 04:22 PM

Gailage is right.... we all have to dig deep into our faith at times like these. I had another very tough start and I didn't even want to see anyone even if I was allowed to, even though it would be the way out of the mess that is in my head!!

This is all new to us my friend, none of know quite what to expect which is why it is a good thing you have found your way back to the forum!

#1347 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:33 AM

I am making some strides i am allowing myself only to consume 20 minutes a day of the news instead of 4 to 6 hours like i was before to start. Trying to get more rest focus on my faith and trying to eat a little better. I am so grateful for being able to be back here with all of you. Each of you helped bring me out of the darkest time in my life about 2 years ago now which is a WOW long time btw. We will get through this again. God bless and thanks for being here for me I hope I can and am doing the same for you

#1348 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 April 2020 - 05:41 PM

Just like me - I was on the news all day a couple of weeks ago. Now it has become an acceptance that we will be locked down for another 3-4 weeks yet, so not point in looking at the stats and the news as I know what it will say already. It is all heresay and lies from the UK Government. 25,000 tests a day they said a week ago. We've barely covered 8,000 in total so far! 

But yes, there is an end to it, but the best thing you can do is think about those things that you can control, and one of those is how much attention to give to the media.

Well done AJ... God Bless you brother.

#1349 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 03 April 2020 - 06:36 PM

Thank you brother God bless you as well 

#1350 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,289 posts

Posted 13 April 2020 - 11:17 AM

It has been 2 months as of today i have been off zoloft. The last 3 -5 days I have felt some pretty rough depression and slight general anxiety My question and I know its common is this still withdrawl? I felt good for awhile there like I was getting things under control now it seems i teeter between overly anxious and clinically depressed I need help? Not sure what I can do for this I did recently start a new diet fasting 16:8 basically i eat my meals between 12-8 everyday could this be contributing to it? I had to cancel all of my mental health appointments because of the virus i feel lost and need help thanks 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users