2761 replies to this topic

#1381 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 12:41 PM

I need some help. I am at a point now where I realize the original med changes that produced major manic and panic episodes and produced strong physical symptoms are at the root of my current problem 2 years later. I still am struggling with the God and afterlife questions 2 years later and I am still here not nearly as strong as it was in the beginning but here. At the root I discovered today is my uncertainty , my skepticism and lack of self trust. I need your help anyone here how can I unwire this from myself. Prior to all the issues I had I was certain when I died I would go to heaven today 2 years later I am not even sure there is an afterlife it is that uncertainty that is driving my fears and questions about God and so on. So my question is how do I find certainty where there does not seem to be any?

#1382 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 May 2020 - 05:34 PM

You are asking all sort of questions with many answers. You would do well to talk to LDN on here. 

We have been keeping a journal between Gail, LDN and myself, and we frequently discuss afterlife, NDE and spiritual ideas. So might be good for you to read some entries...

https://www.cymbalta...off-for-8-weeks

We write every day, so there is always something to read! But the problem is that whether you are ready to accept the answers. 

Religion boils down to faith, not fact. One cannot exist without the other.

#1383 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 11 May 2020 - 10:22 PM

Hi Axlejames. I just wanted to say that doubts are a massive part of the spiritual journey. They are very common in even the most famous saints. For example Mother Teresa was plagued with doubts throughout her life. 

Below are just a few quotes about doubt - 

'Faith is not the absence of doubt, it is the means to overcome it' - Steven Furtick 

'Doubt is not the opposite of faith; It is one element of faith' - Paul Tillich

'Doubt is a pain too lonely to know that faith is his twin brother' - Kahlil Gibran

I wish you all the best during this tough time! God Bless!

#1384 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:29 AM

Hello AJ,

Yes, London is the guy for you. You may join in our conversation or if you rather pm him, don't hesitate. He's been through this and he will answer many question. Love
  • LDN likes this

#1385 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 08:30 AM

Thank you I will check out this other thread. You guys rock and I hope you are doing well 

#1386 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 12 May 2020 - 07:21 PM

I messaged LDN 

#1387 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 May 2020 - 09:33 AM

Since we are on the topic what do you all think about the idea that all we are is material beings do you think the evidence actually points that way? What about when someone says there is no scientific evidence for a soul, however I have seen the argument that you cant look to science's since they study the material world they can find a material answer you would look to philosophy and religioun for an answer about the soul? 

#1388 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 May 2020 - 05:32 PM

Material is the illusion; it does not really exist as it disappears - fades to nothing. It can be created and it can be destroyed.

Energy however is the real part. This never goes anywhere. It cannot be destroyed. Even when a star goes supernova, or collapses under its own gravity to form a black hole - this is all still energy. We can still trace the energy from stars that "disappeared" 1000's of years ago.

We are made of energy, hence we cannot disappear.

#1389 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 01:42 PM

Really struggling with my General anxiety this last week. This may sound like a dumb question but could the fact that I have been back on Facebook and reading the news again make me feel so anxious. Its strange because I dont feel anxious about anything in particular I just feel anxious in general looking for advice. 

#1390 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 May 2020 - 02:49 PM

It is probably not helping any. Try to limit your exposure the news to a certain amount of time, say 30 minutes, once a day and then stay away from it after that.

#1391 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

Hat couldn't have put it any better.

The news and social media is a sure way of bringing up anxiety. I used to spend the first hour of the day looking at the stats, the patterns... you name it. And I wondered why I was feeling so lousy. I did exactly what Hat said, and I don't think I've looked at the news for the last 3 days. Nothing I can do will change it.

I might look later, but it will be done so for pure curiosity rather than serving a purpose of must... and feeding the anxiety.

#1392 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 May 2020 - 03:18 PM

It is probably not helping any. Try to limit your exposure the news to a certain amount of time, say 30 minutes, once a day and then stay away from it after that.

I will try this its a start at least

#1393 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 May 2020 - 05:45 PM

Go for it... as best you can - and let us know how you are getting on.

We'll keep you on the straight and narrow!

#1394 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 May 2020 - 01:12 PM

https://ncu9nc.blogs...ophy of science .... came across this website what do you think ?

#1395 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

Good grief... quick look, but bookmarked for later viewing...

"He is Emeritus Professor of Mathematics at the University of Oxford and an Emeritus Fellow in Mathematics and Philosophy of Science at Green Templeton College, Oxford University."

This might interest too;

https://www.thegoodb...ronavirus-world

#1396 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 10:10 AM

Its been 3 months off of my lamotragine so far 

#1397 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2020 - 11:31 AM

Excellent. What do you think at this point?

#1398 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 12:27 PM

Excellent. What do you think at this point?

I feel better than I did a month ago part of me still wants to just crawl back onto medcine sometimes but a friend reminded me the other day of course im overwhelmed look at the situation we are all in. I had another question I want to take fish oil for my health everytime I do I get bad diarreahia not to be gross sorry is there any other way I can get those OMega fats without taking them ?

#1399 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2020 - 01:42 PM

This is a common issue. Sometimes getting an Omega three that is enteric coated helps. Unluckily if it persists then your best option is to eat something like sardines but in small regular portions.

#1400 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2020 - 03:26 PM

This is a common issue. Sometimes getting an Omega three that is enteric coated helps. Unluckily if it persists then your best option is to eat something like sardines but in small regular portions.

Thanks bud I will see if I can find some like that 

#1401 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 May 2020 - 05:02 PM

I feel better than I did a month ago part of me still wants to just crawl back onto medcine sometimes but a friend reminded me the other day of course im overwhelmed look at the situation we are all in. I had another question I want to take fish oil for my health everytime I do I get bad diarreahia not to be gross sorry is there any other way I can get those OMega fats without taking them ?

Unfortunately, it can lube things up down there!! Very common as Hat said, and better to get the fats from foods directly rather than taking the oil. Fish in general will help.

#1402 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 08:33 AM

Something else I am experiencing started about a month ago I believe is PSSD. Is anyone familiar with this. Basically it can happen after stopping Anti depressants basically I m having trouble with muted orgasm and slight genital anesthia. Its weird I read somewhere that people sometime still have this after 20 years I am concerned. 

#1403 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 May 2020 - 12:54 PM

I suffered with that condition for nearly 7 years. My was full lack of function/feeling. Several other members have had this experience as well. The good news is that most recover within 3 months of coming off the antidepressant. One time I sat down and did a survey of PSSD websites and noticed that those with the worse episodes usually recover in 6 to 8 years.

There is detailed information on PSSD in our ebook if you are interested.

#1404 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 May 2020 - 02:05 PM

I suffered with that condition for nearly 7 years. My was full lack of function/feeling. Several other members have had this experience as well. The good news is that most recover within 3 months of coming off the antidepressant. One time I sat down and did a survey of PSSD websites and noticed that those with the worse episodes usually recover in 6 to 8 years.

There is detailed information on PSSD in our ebook if you are interested.

Where can I find the Ebook

#1405 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 May 2020 - 04:32 PM

https://www.cymbalta...tion-the-ebook/

Also you will find it pinned as the first thread under Medical Support section.

#1406 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 May 2020 - 05:27 PM

https://www.cymbalta...tion-the-ebook/

Also you will find it pinned as the first thread under Medical Support section.

So useful to be able to say that now!! :)

#1407 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 09:12 AM

Ok so I am curious if there is any evidence to support this. Does prolonged SSRI use and discontinuation cause brain damage? I am curious what affects withdrawal has specifically on the frontal lobe I was reading about a man who had a tumor removed in his frontal lobe basically his IQ his reasoning everything was intact except his feeling his ability to feel anything. Is it possible that is what happens to us when we go through withdrawal I have had moments like that? My other questions is how does withdrawal affect our spirituality My view on the brain is its a filter for consciousness so damage brain = damage to spirit but does not mean brain = spirit any articles or abstracts or things I can read about this is welcomed thanks all 

#1408 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 May 2020 - 03:53 PM

The ebook has a lot of medical research articles in it concerning Cymbalta. Basically the Cymbalta molecule will block the reuse of serotonin and norepinephrine (similar to adrenaline). Unluckily the Cymbalta molecule does not attach to the transporter or synapse very well. The synapses in particular will change shape and be able to react with the Cymbalta after 4 to 8 weeks. When coming off the Cymbalta the synapses have to change shape again in order to start reacting with the serotonin and norepinephrine. Unluckily the synapses respond slowly. Research has shown that it takes nearly 2 years to fully get your synapses back to normal. Meanwhile your body has to try to readjust to controlling these two neurotransmitters with an altered system. That is why there are large swings in emotions. There is no research that I can find that indicates long term damage. In addition our members do seem to fully recover there brain functions with time.

#1409 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 27 May 2020 - 04:37 PM

The ebook has a lot of medical research articles in it concerning Cymbalta. Basically the Cymbalta molecule will block the reuse of serotonin and norepinephrine (similar to adrenaline). Unluckily the Cymbalta molecule does not attach to the transporter or synapse very well. The synapses in particular will change shape and be able to react with the Cymbalta after 4 to 8 weeks. When coming off the Cymbalta the synapses have to change shape again in order to start reacting with the serotonin and norepinephrine. Unluckily the synapses respond slowly. Research has shown that it takes nearly 2 years to fully get your synapses back to normal. Meanwhile your body has to try to readjust to controlling these two neurotransmitters with an altered system. That is why there are large swings in emotions. There is no research that I can find that indicates long term damage. In addition our members do seem to fully recover there brain functions with time.

As always very profound I and thorough do you think this goes for all SSRI's or just cymbalta ?

#1410 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 May 2020 - 06:24 PM

Not all have been tested but I have read research on Cymbalta, Prozac and benzos and this applies to all of them.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users