#1441 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:44 AM

Adderall has a half-life of 10 hours so by the third day you are entering into full withdrawal. Did the dr warn you of the withdrawal? Why did he want you to skip a day or two if he knew you would suffer withdrawal? I don't understand (which is nothing new, lol)

#1442 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 June 2020 - 11:57 AM

I just saw where you went through Adderall withdrawal in 2018 and it did a job on you. Slow but steady wins the race.

#1443 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 29 June 2020 - 09:02 AM

Adderall has a half-life of 10 hours so by the third day you are entering into full withdrawal. Did the dr warn you of the withdrawal? Why did he want you to skip a day or two if he knew you would suffer withdrawal? I don't understand (which is nothing new, lol)

Every once in awhile I feel like it stops helping me my dr had told me to take a day or two off from it when I feel like that so I did. I took it this morning and it brings my anxiety up to. Not sure what to do with this anymore its like a double edged sword. 

#1444 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 June 2020 - 02:30 PM

Perhaps a half dose?

#1445 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 June 2020 - 06:09 PM

Agree with Hat here - you are clearly sensitive to such a drop, so you need to keep a little going thru your system to combat the "mini-withdrawal" that occurs when you cut it out completely.

#1446 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 July 2020 - 10:59 AM

I think at my next appointment I will talk with my Dr. about that there has to be a better way. I also am concerned because I dont want to be 50 years old taking adderall 

#1447 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 July 2020 - 06:00 PM

There is no harm in being on medication at that age - or any age for that matter. 

I just just learnt that I might have to take statins for the rest of my life and I am having a real problem coming to terms with that.... we need to accept things as they come. Just look at Hat - he has taken years to come off each of his cocktail of meds one at a time. He might still be on them, but he is limiting his suffering which is far better than rushing for the sake of an approaching age milestone...

#1448 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:09 AM

There is no harm in being on medication at that age - or any age for that matter. 

I just just learnt that I might have to take statins for the rest of my life and I am having a real problem coming to terms with that.... we need to accept things as they come. Just look at Hat - he has taken years to come off each of his cocktail of meds one at a time. He might still be on them, but he is limiting his suffering which is far better than rushing for the sake of an approaching age milestone...

Good point thank you 

#1449 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 July 2020 - 08:51 AM

Have any of you had any luck with short acting meds. Like I am thinking of asking my dr about single use kind of meds like if I am having some anxiety issues or depression a pill to help curb it but not something that is taken as needed? what do you think of these 

#1450 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 July 2020 - 02:33 PM

I would love to find a pill to take as and when needed for depression... what valium is to anxiety. I've been saying that for years.

The best way to deal with depression is to treat it like a wave. Let it wash over you. Don't fight it, don't run away from it, just let it go over you and it will pass. We have to accept the part where it leaves us drowning in our own hope. 

Odd that you should say this today as I have a day of nasty depression/exhaustion going on today. But just letting it be. It is here for now, but it can't rain all the time. It will pass.

#1451 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 06 July 2020 - 09:06 AM

I would love to find a pill to take as and when needed for depression... what valium is to anxiety. I've been saying that for years.

The best way to deal with depression is to treat it like a wave. Let it wash over you. Don't fight it, don't run away from it, just let it go over you and it will pass. We have to accept the part where it leaves us drowning in our own hope. 

Odd that you should say this today as I have a day of nasty depression/exhaustion going on today. But just letting it be. It is here for now, but it can't rain all the time. It will pass.

"It cant rain all the time" is literally something I say a lot love that quote. 

#1452 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 July 2020 - 05:26 PM

I love it. Will be my next tattoo...

#1453 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 July 2020 - 12:59 PM

I have been depressed lately. I have a theory why and I am hoping you all can help answer so I I was on vacation a few weeks ago and one night I got drunk. on the 4th of July I got drunk again could the depression be an after affect is there any proof to that ? How is everyone else doing. 

#1454 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 July 2020 - 03:04 PM

I can't find any proof but I can tell you this has happened often with members who have drank alcohol, even a little bit. 

#1455 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 July 2020 - 06:04 PM

yup - been there done that

alcohol is a depressant - if you are prone to depression, it is not unlikely to feel the washout for up to a few days afterwards.

#1456 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:09 AM

I was on anti depressants and a mood stabilizer for about 11 years. I have not been off of them for a full year yet even. Does the anxiety I experience and bouts of depression coincide with coming off these drugs and my body taking time to react or do I just suffer with these? How can I tell  

#1457 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 July 2020 - 08:52 AM

Hi AJ

My theory on that is if the symptoms are fading, even if slowly fading, then they are probably due to withdrawal from the drugs. If the symptoms are unchanged for 2 months or more than it is probably NOT due to withdrawal. This is just a guideline is all. Also, symptoms sometimes fade so slow that it is hard to tell so I usually start a journal with my daily symptoms. After a couple months I can look back and see if there is a change. 

#1458 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 12:59 PM

Hi AJ

My theory on that is if the symptoms are fading, even if slowly fading, then they are probably due to withdrawal from the drugs. If the symptoms are unchanged for 2 months or more than it is probably NOT due to withdrawal. This is just a guideline is all. Also, symptoms sometimes fade so slow that it is hard to tell so I usually start a journal with my daily symptoms. After a couple months I can look back and see if there is a change. 

So I will have days sometimes even a week where I feel pretty good kinda like my old self (with more knowledge of how to handle life) then it will be like a few weeks of depression and anxiety. I run pretty anxious in general. Its like highs and lows sometimes I feel OK other times not. 

#1459 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 July 2020 - 01:04 PM

That is typical of most antidepressant withdrawals. The good spells will slowly get longer and the bad spells shorter.  Slowly, lol.

#1460 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 July 2020 - 03:59 PM

That is typical of most antidepressant withdrawals. The good spells will slowly get longer and the bad spells shorter.  Slowly, lol.

Thanks bud this really helps need a reminder sometimes as you have said this before. 

#1461 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 July 2020 - 04:53 PM

I know he like that word ("slow"), but it is fitting here.

Journals are a great way of figuring this stuff out. Just don't get too involved in writing down things every hour, judging your mood as this only creates more of an inward focus. My journal is a few lines at the end of a day and a rough percentage of mood. 

Remember that personal circumstances will always affect mood as well.

Such as life. 

Take it easy brother - always here if you need us.

#1462 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 July 2020 - 08:23 AM

I know he like that word ("slow"), but it is fitting here.

Journals are a great way of figuring this stuff out. Just don't get too involved in writing down things every hour, judging your mood as this only creates more of an inward focus. My journal is a few lines at the end of a day and a rough percentage of mood. 

Remember that personal circumstances will always affect mood as well.

Such as life. 

Take it easy brother - always here if you need us.

Thank you bud hope all is well with you 

#1463 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 July 2020 - 06:06 PM

Ups and downs; the usual.

Always thinking about you. Never forget how brave you have been throughout all this. Not even the fact that you are a veteran (which is an amazing thing in itself), but all the family stuff you had during your withdrawal. You went through so much and came out the other side.

I'll never forget how well you coped - and neither should you dear friend.

#1464 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 16 July 2020 - 03:33 PM

Ups and downs; the usual.

Always thinking about you. Never forget how brave you have been throughout all this. Not even the fact that you are a veteran (which is an amazing thing in itself), but all the family stuff you had during your withdrawal. You went through so much and came out the other side.

I'll never forget how well you coped - and neither should you dear friend.

Thank you my friend it has been insane and I get surprised sometimes as well when I sit and think about it. My wife as ready to leave me 2 years ago and by some miracle we worked through it. Thank God I am here for you bud just so you know. 

#1465 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 22 July 2020 - 11:50 AM

Has anyone ever heard of emotional addiction ? basically you are addicted to a certain emotion do you think its possible to be addicted to being anxious ? I was thinking on this today with my upbringing and the war being on guard all the time I think saved me. Am I addicted to being anxious since as I watch what I do throughout the day I find myself trying to get myself there. 

#1466 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 July 2020 - 01:03 PM

Not really

Anxiety is primarily a response to stress or the result of a chemical imbalance in neurotransmitters (such as withdrawal). An addition, even to emotions, is a strong desire to feel the pleasant response to a given situation. This would include cocaine, heroine, etc, The dopamine high generates the pleasant result. In regard to emotional addiction, the most famous one I am familiar with is that some women are  addicted to falling in love. The feel great pleasure with onset of feelings of love. This is due to high levels of dopamine and endorphins that are released. It should be noted that women in this category are shown to fall out of love after the new has wore off and they move  on to someone else. 

#1467 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:27 PM

Great post Hat - agree completely with your views.

#1468 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:19 PM

Not really

Anxiety is primarily a response to stress or the result of a chemical imbalance in neurotransmitters (such as withdrawal). An addition, even to emotions, is a strong desire to feel the pleasant response to a given situation. This would include cocaine, heroine, etc, The dopamine high generates the pleasant result. In regard to emotional addiction, the most famous one I am familiar with is that some women are  addicted to falling in love. The feel great pleasure with onset of feelings of love. This is due to high levels of dopamine and endorphins that are released. It should be noted that women in this category are shown to fall out of love after the new has wore off and they move  on to someone else. 

Makes sense thank you bud hope your doing well. 

#1469 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 24 July 2020 - 01:25 PM

Fantastic!! Thank you for asking.

#1470 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 July 2020 - 06:36 PM

I hear what you're saying Axlejames. Having been crushed by anxiety for the last 9 months, I think I've found that it's become easy to default to that state. Almost like my brain has gotten accustomed to the feeling and now it takes less stimulus to become anxious. But there are also days when I don't feel quite so pressed upon by anxiety, and I love and relish those days. Everything is easier and more like it was before withdrawal. I couldn't say that on those days I miss the anxiety in any way. in fact it's always really heartbreaking when the anxiety comes back in a day or two. 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users