2761 replies to this topic

#121 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:52 PM

Does melatonin make you jittery also I have sharp pains in my upper left stomach area every once in awhile anyone else have this

#122 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:18 PM

Thanks for clarification 'hat. Sounds like the Mental Health service over here in the UK.

Common side effects of Melatonin include ittitablility and stomach cramps. So much can be attributed to meds. You just have to be aware of what they are and how to spot them.

Today is bloody awful for me. But it is 12 days since my drop from 20 to 10 Dulox... and last 3 days on around 9mg. So this is about right for me. But it doesn't help. Nearly passed out at work, very tired, the runs and a big cloud of anxiety following me everywhere.

Like you say. It sucks and I just want off. 

#123 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 October 2018 - 01:25 PM

Also melatonin is famous for these symptoms if taken with caffeine.

#124 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 02:09 PM

Iun I hope you feel better bud I'm glad knowing were in this together if I can do anything just tell me the stomach problems have been off and on for about a week the melatonin issue happened this morning

#125 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:04 PM

Your message brings me comfort - thanks axle.

If its helps, it seems like I am going thru a different set of symptoms each time I hit of wave of withdrawal. I loose track of what happens. So difficult to describe how I'm feeling sometimes. 

How did you get on today with p-doc and work?

#126 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:11 PM

Dr was ok I'm at work now I put my notice in and the boss has me second guessing i feel weird today like calm but sad but no reason to be sad I didn't take my lamotragine because I normally take my cymbalta and lamotragine at night I forgot so took my cymbalta this morning and so tonight taken them both like normal this isn't going to screw up the withdrawl I'm already in will it I just feel blah today

#127 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:32 PM

It is usually recommended that after a certain length of time having forgotten a dose, to wait until the next dose is due. This is largely down to risk of serotonin syndrome, but as Cymbalta has a maximum half life of 12 hours, you should be fine if the doses are this far apart.

Well done for getting yourself up and out of bed. I could see you were struggling this morning. Fortunately, I had a light day, but getting a bot anxious about tomorrow as it'll be a busy one...

#128 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:38 PM

I am anxious as well I'm a help desk tech so I get angry customers all night I sit in front of a computer it depresses me I need to get away from it but it also provides a spot for me to heal in my downtime

#129 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 October 2018 - 04:59 PM

Goodness - that is not the best job to be doing whilst anxious. I can well understand you wanting to find another job. 

#130 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:39 PM

I feel weird like I feel good but apprehensive about feeling good what is this feeling what can I do is this still the effects of withdrawl from the 30mg cymbalta drop

#131 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 06:54 PM

Could it be that this is only day 7 of being back down to 30mg from that 4 day bump like I feel jittery and like having small palpitations is this normal

#132 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:26 PM

I would give it a couple more days and it should even out, but that small detour to 60mg and back will have made its mark on you. I know it sounds unlikely, but this is how it works. You'd probably be ok with just the one day at a higher dose, but 3-4 days and blood levels will have started to balance and therefore the brain will feel it coming back down.

"apprehensive about feeling good what is this feeling what can I do"

This is normal anxiety behaviour. It has eased off a bit now you have been working and taken your mind off it a bit, but your brain is telling you that there is still a threat right around the corner. It is like your body is wanting to do one thing, but your brain is telling you otherwise. I frequently have this feeling, and always when I am coming out of a spell of anxiety. 

You are perfectly normal Axle :) 

#133 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:31 PM

Thank you iun I'll do just that give it a few days I hope all of this eases up or goes away soon I just want my life back

#134 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

I'm right with you there mate. It's days like today that can really pull you under and you need to reach inside yourself and find the will to pick yourself back up to face another day. 

I sincerely hope you start to see some improvement soon.

Keep us all posted.

#135 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 October 2018 - 07:47 PM

I just had an epiphany anyone weigh in if you want so we know nightmares is a part of withdrawl symptoms and last night before bed I was under some slight stress I had a nightmare and in it I had an anxiety attack I woke up feeling like crap could this all be traced back again to the withdrawl it would explain this wiped out feeling all day I haven't had a panicked or anxious wake up in a long time does this make sense to anyone

#136 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 26 October 2018 - 07:08 AM

Hello AxleJames,

It does make sense. Withdrawal is exactly like wax and wane. Progress is never linear for the first months.
And, yes, it's all part of withdrawal. It is a traumatic experience which you will never forget. After five years, I still see it.

#137 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:09 AM

It gets better tho right I've noticed today that I dwell and creates anxiety but I'm starting to be able to stop and say ok this can be a normal thought but my withdrawl and anxiety is making it 10 times worse

#138 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:11 AM

"this can be a normal thought but my withdrawl and anxiety is making it 10 times worse"

Sounds about right...

#139 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 10:19 AM

What does wax and wane mean

#140 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2018 - 11:57 AM

Wax and wane means it comes and goes. About the time you feel better then you feel worse and when you feel worse it isn't long before you feel better. The guys and gals have said it all. Really nothing much for me to add. Just hang in there. It will get better.

#141 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:05 PM

I will I start my new job tomorrow and I'm nervous what does the omegas do are there any natural treatments for ADHD

#142 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:09 PM

Not really to familiar with adhd but I know the omegas are suppose to help. I will do a little digging and see what I can find.

#143 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 12:49 PM

Omegas help with anxiety

#144 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:13 PM

I found something it says fish flax and borage oil omega 3 6 9 is this good how many milligrams will help me

#145 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:22 PM

Sorry Axlejames, haven't hit the medical research yet. It may take a couple days. I will get it done.

#146 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 02:36 PM

Oh no no problem fish you are super helpful do you know about the omega stuff for anxiety I thought you had mentioned it I'm sorry if I'm pestering you

#147 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2018 - 03:41 PM

Latest journal-fed news seems to show it being of benefit;

"omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids and fish was shown to exert a possible protective effect against anxiety"

Bear in mind though that only 15% of the people tested were reported to have anxiety disorder - the rest was, as it says, a protective effect and not a cure. Would need to read the journal more closely to know the full ins and outs, but my head just isn't there today...

source: http://www.nutrition...tional-analysis

#148 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:26 PM

Is this normal I've noticed I'm overly obsessed with mortality and the after life and I dwell on my existence has anyone else had this experience if so what did you do to combat it it's making my life very difficult so I'm begging for help here

#149 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:33 PM

I lived with deep fear and doom for nearly 9 months. That was extreme but what you feel is just the withdrawal. You will NOT die. Hang in there.

#150 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2018 - 05:33 PM

I love you for that

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users