2738 replies to this topic

#1501 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 01 September 2020 - 04:52 PM

Has anyone ever read "No more Mr. Nice guy". It is an interesting book I just bought 

#1502 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:14 PM

I can remember the song by Megadeth!! Does that count :)

#1503 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 September 2020 - 07:53 AM

"No more Mr. Nice guy"??

Wait, someone published my life's story without my permission?   :lol: 

#1504 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 September 2020 - 08:02 AM

"This controversial e-book phenomenon became a best-seller and landed its author, a certified marriage and family therapist, on The O'Reilly Factor and the Rush Limbaugh radio show. Dr. Robert Glover has devoted his career as a psychotherapist to freeing men from what he was dubbed the "Nice Guy Syndrome" - trying too hard to please others while neglecting their own needs, thus causing unhappiness and resentfulness. It's no wonder that unfulfilled Nice Guys lash out in frustration at their loved ones, claims Dr. Glover. He explains how they can stop seeking approval and start getting what they want in life, by presenting the information and tools to help them ensure their needs are met, to express their emotions, to have a satisfying sex life, to embrace their masculinity and form meaningful relationships with other men, and to live up to their creative potential."

Certainly looks interesting and has plenty of positive reviews...

https://www.amazon.c...ing=UTF8&btkr=1

#1505 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 08 September 2020 - 11:52 AM

Been struggling the last few days again with the though of my lack of spiritual experience and how can I be a Christian if I think this way ??

#1506 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 September 2020 - 12:42 PM

Its not a matter of being a Christian. It is a matter of the lingering effects of a drug and its withdrawal. Drugs are of man not God and you are not to blame yourself for what others do to you. You will get it all straightened out. Just keep praying for God to strengthen you to move forward.

#1507 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 September 2020 - 06:05 PM

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Do not confuse your body with your soul. You are a good man.

#1508 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:05 AM

Its not a matter of being a Christian. It is a matter of the lingering effects of a drug and its withdrawal. Drugs are of man not God and you are not to blame yourself for what others do to you. You will get it all straightened out. Just keep praying for God to strengthen you to move forward.

Thank you it is very difficult sometimes remembering this 

#1509 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 September 2020 - 10:46 AM

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

Do not confuse your body with your soul. You are a good man.

You are a good man as well my friend thank you 

#1510 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 21 September 2020 - 06:44 PM

I need help today was/is a bad day I dont know what is happening and I am freaking out. This morning was a high stress day at work it has been happening a lot lately but I have been handling it. Today around 330 tho i noticed my eyes getting blurry at my screen and I started to panic I had a full blown panic attack couldnt breath thought I was gonna pass out. I checked webmd that was stupid and it said I could be hypoglycemic, however I am not diabetic and anytime i havbe been tested I have been fine. I took melatonin last night I have been exercising really hard lately and maybe not eating to recover the best. I am scared tho i feel just like I did when I went through withdrawals 2 years ago the first time I came here. I dont know what to do I am panicking I tried to do a breathing exercise it helped a littel but now I am freaking out about my sugar levels and if I am gonna go into a coma and die or something. I have not had any issues up until now that I can think of some days I was tired but I attributed that to working out hard. I need help can anyone give me some advice on what to do next please.

#1511 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 September 2020 - 07:46 AM

I would say too much stress for too long. I don't know what you can do to reduce that but it would sure help. I would also reduce the intensity of your work out until things settle down. When you are not at work work I would take it easy and relax as much as possible. This is a good time to spoil yourself.  lol

#1512 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 22 September 2020 - 08:35 AM

I would say too much stress for too long. I don't know what you can do to reduce that but it would sure help. I would also reduce the intensity of your work out until things settle down. When you are not at work work I would take it easy and relax as much as possible. This is a good time to spoil yourself.  lol

Thank you fish I havent had this much anxiety in a long time still scared

#1513 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 September 2020 - 06:45 PM

Total normal for the eyesight to be affected by stress levels. My last partner used to actually black out when she hit her threshold! She didn't pass out, but her vision would just cloud over for a few seconds and then it returned, blurry at first, and then normal.

As Hat said, go easy on the work outs. If you have a stressful day at work, the answer is to take time out and not put your body through more. I know it is what some may feel is best to take out the anger and so forth, but your body will still see it as being abused the same as it is at work.

I am quite sure that people who meditate regularly will live longer and have a better quality of life than those who work out regularly!

#1514 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 23 September 2020 - 11:03 AM

Total normal for the eyesight to be affected by stress levels. My last partner used to actually black out when she hit her threshold! She didn't pass out, but her vision would just cloud over for a few seconds and then it returned, blurry at first, and then normal.

As Hat said, go easy on the work outs. If you have a stressful day at work, the answer is to take time out and not put your body through more. I know it is what some may feel is best to take out the anger and so forth, but your body will still see it as being abused the same as it is at work.

I am quite sure that people who meditate regularly will live longer and have a better quality of life than those who work out regularly!

I actually am giving myself a week off and I started a meditation program yesterday. I think you are correct when I get home it feel likes more work and i put to much on myself and I think my body is telling me to slow down thanks brother hope all is well with you. 

#1515 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 September 2020 - 06:15 PM

That's a damn fine choice AJ. You will feel better for it. 

Take care - all the best to the family.

God Bless

#1516 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 03:10 PM

I find exercise helpful to burn off excess adrenaline and cortisol that piles up due to all the stress both happening in the world and from work / everything I've been through with Cymbalta withdrawal / ongoing anxiety. 

HOWEVER that means low intensity exercise where you're getting your heart rate up a bit and you're breathing a little harder and sweating a bit but it shouldn't be intense and not endurance based. For me a bike ride in the park seems to do the trick, or a brisk walk. Obviously all relative based on your fitness level. But intense exertion is probably going to backfire on you. The body sees intense exercise as a form of stress and will release extra cortisol as a result. Not what you want. Low intensity exercise on the other hand helps burn off cortisol

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/18787373/

#1517 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 24 September 2020 - 04:18 PM

I find exercise helpful to burn off excess adrenaline and cortisol that piles up due to all the stress both happening in the world and from work / everything I've been through with Cymbalta withdrawal / ongoing anxiety. 

HOWEVER that means low intensity exercise where you're getting your heart rate up a bit and you're breathing a little harder and sweating a bit but it shouldn't be intense and not endurance based. For me a bike ride in the park seems to do the trick, or a brisk walk. Obviously all relative based on your fitness level. But intense exertion is probably going to backfire on you. The body sees intense exercise as a form of stress and will release extra cortisol as a result. Not what you want. Low intensity exercise on the other hand helps burn off cortisol

https://pubmed.ncbi....h.gov/18787373/

So I did Insanity Max 30 for 4 months its a pretty intense workout but its only for 30 minutes. 2 weeks ago I started regular Insanity which goes from 37 to 56 minutes of intense work. I think I agree this contributed to my crash. Thank you 

#1518 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:13 PM

It has been a little better last couple of days I have not worked out swapped my coffee for green tea and watching my sugar intake. Still kind of anxious and discouraged 

#1519 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 25 September 2020 - 05:20 PM

You will need to give it a few more than a couple of days, whilst caffeine has a relatively short half live, it is absorbed by the body and will remain in the system for a number of days. The longer you leave it, the better it will become. I have been caffeine free for nearly 3 years now. Never need it...

A good read for you;

http://teaintheancie...m-caffeine.html

But remember that green tea has small traces of black tea - around 10%, but only 5% of coffee, very minimal and fine for the average system.

#1520 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:21 AM

Death anxiety has returned. Not doing so great these days :(

#1521 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 September 2020 - 10:58 AM

Sorry man. I wish you the best. Hang in there it will pass again.

#1522 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 September 2020 - 05:39 PM

It is one that often returns AJ - don't feel so bad. 

I have a friend that suffers exactly the same as you. I directed him to your thread and he simply couldn't believe what he was reading. He said it was like reading his own life!!

You are never alone. 

The great unknown.

I don't know if you are aware of the name of the condition, but it is called thanatophobia. There is some good information here;

https://www.medicaln.../321939#outlook

#1523 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 29 September 2020 - 01:15 PM

I have been reading more up on the fear of death deal as well. I actually met with my pastor last night for 2 and a half hours and told him how I have been feeling. I plan to talk to my Psychologist as well because I need all the help I can get. Thanks for the help I am starting to feel a little better. I love you all 

#1524 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 September 2020 - 07:12 PM

You are doing the right thing. Just by the fact that you are actively talking to people about this shows that you know it is something that need to be dealt with. Don't go through life standing at the start line. Get in there and get moving. 

You have already done so much, but it is when you can see more that this starts to come to you. Treat it as a friend and not the enemy. Use it to talk as you have done and take all the advice you can. 

Unbeknown to me, my friend was actually reading my post yesterday and I heard from him earlier, and he confirmed what I was saying. He has read your previous posts with much interest, and being that you are both headed down the same path towards the end of the same tunnel, it may be good for you to get in touch - of which he suggested himself.

The guy is very kind and gentle, and really appreciates those who can appreciate his way of thinking, which you clearly do. 

I will drop you a PM....

Please keep us updated as to how you get on - and anything that you heard from your p-doc that you feel may be useful to other members.

All the very best.

#1525 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 October 2020 - 12:58 PM

Today marks 8 months off Zoloft. It has been a crazy ride. 

#1526 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 October 2020 - 02:48 PM

Oh, don't say that AJ. I will start my taper in about 6 to 12 months.  lol

#1527 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:04 AM

Oh, don't say that AJ. I will start my taper in about 6 to 12 months.  lol

Well its been interesting but I will say if I can do it brother you can as well. 

#1528 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:08 AM

Thanks AJ. Words of encouragement are always welcome.

#1529 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 05 October 2020 - 11:09 AM

Sitting at a restraunt last night I was pretty anxious I am the type of person who has to watch my surroundings because of my PTSD and anxiety I was eatching some chicken started getting hard to swallow then everything just kind of went blank almost felt like i was slammed into my body. I had a panic episode not a full on attack but it was episodic. is it possible this was just an attack 

#1530 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 October 2020 - 04:23 PM

I would assume something must have triggered it but sometimes it can be difficult to figure out what the cause was.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)