#1561 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 October 2020 - 06:10 PM

Wow.

Some truly inspiring words there from both Hat and Frog. Seriously good stuff my dear friends.

AJ... I know EXACTLY what you are going through as I have suffered health anxiety ever since I nearly died in a car accident. I went through therapy and it sorted me out - not medication. Therapy. But as Hat said, this is what a withdrawal would have you believe. 

I was sat in a stuffy waiting room a few days back waiting for my geometry to be set up on my car. I felt a tiny twinge somewhere near my left frontal lobe and nothing could stop me having a couple of seconds freaking out because the brain is THAT quick. You don't always have time to rationalise. I was 25 miles away from home. I had no means of running away as my car was in pieces. But none of this bothered me, but that little twinge did it. But I caught it. I didn't let it get any further.

You will learn that to. I promise you brother.

You have seen a lot of s**t in your life already. You got this.

#1562 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 October 2020 - 09:41 AM

One thing you can do AJ is to keep track of the good days and the bad days. With time you can see a pattern. If things seem to be getting better stick with it. If the pattern shows no sign of improvement after a couple months then you might want to rethink things.

One thing I learned a long time ago, when in withdrawal you can not trust your memory or your perception of how you are doing. You must keep some good records.

I use this forum for that because I know its private and no one can get to my thoughts and concerns here I feel safest. 

#1563 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2020 - 04:40 PM

Glad to hear that AJ. 

Let it be your safe haven. All is safe with us as you well know.

#1564 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 31 October 2020 - 11:20 AM

This week has been interesting some days better than others but the insight I got from here has helped. I ve noticed I havent been taking time for myself to actually relax I take time to work , workout, do homework, clean and maintain my home, and take care of my children , however there has been no room in there for me to stop and just breathe I am working on that now. 

#1565 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 November 2020 - 07:38 PM

Moment of realization! 

#1566 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 03 November 2020 - 05:29 PM

so trying to relax isnt working. Any thoughts ideas on ways I can get myself grounded. ?

#1567 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:58 PM

Takes a lot of practise and sometimes it isn't the right time to do so...

The more you "try" to relax, the worse it can become.

#1568 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 November 2020 - 08:08 AM

IUN is right. Don't think of it as trying to relax. Think of it as slowing down. Do more to spoil yourself (read a book, watch more TV, hobbies) and spend less time with work or in serious endeavors.

#1569 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 November 2020 - 10:48 AM

Today is officialy 9 months off of lamotragine (mood stabalizer) I feel pretty good as far as my moods go 

#1570 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 November 2020 - 06:20 PM

The relaxation will follow soon enough... just don't anticipate it or expect it as that it the very antithesis of relaxing!!

#1571 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 09:37 AM

I am considering getting off my Adderall any advice on how to do this safely ?

#1572 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:42 AM

I will try to look into that later today but I can tell you that most drs recommend 2 years between  withdrawals to allow the nervous system to recover. In my opinion, for what ever that is worth, I would say at least 6 months.

#1573 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 November 2020 - 10:59 AM

I will try to look into that later today but I can tell you that most drs recommend 2 years between  withdrawals to allow the nervous system to recover. In my opinion, for what ever that is worth, I would say at least 6 months.

Oh wow well that is helpful. Basically I would need to wait until next fall spring to think about tapering off. I read an article well a piece of an article the other day of a man in England who had been on Anti depressants for a time. He had come off properly and 2 years after being off he was still experiencing anxiety attacks. ????? is this something I should be aware of ?

#1574 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 November 2020 - 12:09 PM

I will still go ahead and collect info on Adderall withdrawal as soon as I can get to it.

Two years and still experiencing anxiety attacks is possible but very unusual, I wonder what other meds, stressors, drug changes et occurred during that time..

#1575 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 November 2020 - 05:26 PM

I read an article well a piece of an article the other day of a man in England who had been on Anti depressants for a time. He had come off properly and 2 years after being off he was still experiencing anxiety attacks. ????? is this something I should be aware of ?

A man is having problems with his marriage, be disowned by his kids and out of work, but he's fine because he takes cocaine.

You take the cocaine away, what are you left with?

If you don't acknowledge what the anti-depressants are covering, this phenomenon is perfectly rational.

#1576 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 November 2020 - 06:07 PM

That comment is and should be immortal.

I shall remember that saying.

#1577 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 November 2020 - 04:20 PM

Update: I ordered my meds last week cause i was almost out and they still have not arrived I have been off my Adderall for 3 days. It is exhausting and I am struggling

#1578 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 November 2020 - 06:05 PM

As if you have not been through enough. Sorry AJ, I wish i could help.

#1579 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 November 2020 - 08:05 PM

For goodness sake! That is just not right. Not as if it is an uncommon drug now is it...

Same for the wife at the moment with her Valium. Got ordered on the 6th, approved 7th, dispatched same day. 10 days later - not a sausage. And they say the Internet pharmacies are the way to go! 

They have been good insomuch that they are always well in date, and they use the good well-known pharma. But if it should get lost in the mail... well....

Hang in there AJ. Just remember, these meds are like toilet roll. You ALWAYS need spare for emergencies!

#1580 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 November 2020 - 11:09 AM

Thank you guys it is not going the greatest but I am trying my best to stay postivie

#1581 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 November 2020 - 07:48 PM

Slowly does it mate - and keep on with that self compassion

#1582 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 November 2020 - 03:34 PM

Called the VA yesterday they said the request was sent to my provider and and he signed it but it stopped there. I asked what do I do now they told me I could call back in later and see if there is any changes and they will try again. I told them I am 4 days in and starting to go through withdrawal im not doing well that didnt seem to matter. Thank you all for being here for me I am very anxious and overly stressed I am severely fatigued and having a tough go at work. 

#1583 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 November 2020 - 06:22 PM

I remember once many years ago when I was on Klonopin my subscription was screwed up 4 times in a row and I went into cold turkey benzo withdrawal 4 times in 8 months. Ridiculous that these things happen.

#1584 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 November 2020 - 10:15 AM

Exactly where the wife is now. I really feel for you. It is ridiculous that there isn't anything more stringent in place to ensure these things do not happen. 

But AJ - you have reason for the way you are feeling at the moment, so don't be too hard on yourself. Give yourself the compassion you deserve.

#1585 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:02 PM

Finally got my meds a bit stable now and hanging in there. Thank you all for the support. 

#1586 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 November 2020 - 06:08 PM

Glad to hear it AJ - sorry for the delayed response. Had a mild crisis with the wife's medication this end...

Keep us posted and hope this is the last of the mess ups you have to deal with.

#1587 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 30 November 2020 - 09:31 AM

Having a bad bout lately have had 4 panic attacks in the last 6 months today they are coming and going have had 2 in the last 2 hours I need help what do I do ?

#1588 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 December 2020 - 09:02 AM

Have patience. Have you tried a low dose of Benadryl (the one containing diphenhydramine) or a very low dose of melatonin?  If you want to try one of these let me know and I can give you a starting dose to try.

#1589 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 02 December 2020 - 12:53 PM

I dont know if this make sense or is something is seriously wrong with me. Last week I had a coworker out so I had to work the counter by  myself basically it was very stressful I was also doing other things that was causing me stress. Saturday I went to a friends house and had an allergic reaction to something outside their home and ended up having an asthma attack as well. I haven't had issues with allergies or asthma in 17 years. I panicked had a panic attack as well as trouble breathing. Monday I went to work and I was having panic episodes over and over again. I called my dr because of the allergy and asthma episode tuesday i went  into work for only and hour because I was feeling very sick like a head cold/ sinuse congestion my dr had me get tested for Covid and gave me anti biotics for my possible sinus infection. I have been home yesterday and today and I have had a few panic episodes still some just come on without me knowing they are coming. What is wrong with me ? Has anyone else had this issue am I actually sick or is this all just from Panic/anxiety 

#1590 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 December 2020 - 05:58 PM

There is no doubt that your nerves are still hypersensitive but it really sounds like an allergic reaction. Allergic reactions involve histamines which not only trigger the symptoms of an allergy but are also part of the mechanism of panic attacks/anxiety. I am a little surprised that your dr didn't recommend Benadryl which is a commonly used antihistamine and also fights anxiety. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users