2738 replies to this topic

#1891 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 24 March 2021 - 03:50 PM

AJ I'm happy to hear that you got the help it seems like you really needed. I hope you are continuing to talk to a therapist now that you've left the program. The skills you've learned are going to help you for the rest of your life, but having that ongoing relationship is a huge benefit. Someone who can help you sort through all your thoughts and emotions dealing with things both new and old. Working on ourselves is a lifelong process. 

Best of luck

#1892 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 07:24 AM

I ended up in locked facility for a week again but I think I am going to be ok this time. I am thinking I am going to try paxil has anyone had any luck with this?

#1893 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 March 2021 - 08:24 AM

I found that Paxil gave me the same experience as Cymbalta as far as effectiveness and side effects. Its' withdrawal is just about as bad as well. 

#1894 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 30 March 2021 - 05:56 PM

Talked with doc today going to stay on zoloft 25 mg until Friday then up to 50 mg I am on lamotragine 150mg. The dr in the lock facility kept trying to treat my bi polar but my doc says I have bi polar tendencies but only when my anxiety is high. So eventually I will be able to come off Lamotragine. Had a lot of health anxiety today. I do not have long qt probably never had it. I have a right bundle branch block I have been told its benign and nothing to worry about but I am still stressing. I don't know how it happened or why it happened some say it just happens with age. Still scary but dr called today and told me the Cardiologist isn't worried about it. Anyways been a tuff day but I am trying to look to the future. The VA has put me in a program where a social worker or nurse will come out twice a week and help me to get back on track with life. I am hoping it will help.

#1895 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 31 March 2021 - 07:58 AM

A lot going on in your life right now but you need to remember there were some positives in your story. You are doing fine.

#1896 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 March 2021 - 01:06 PM

I have a right bundle branch block too and I have read a fair bit about it. Essentially, you could have had it your whole life - and will likely continue - with nothing occurring as a result. Even a left bundle branch block can be nothing to worry about, but that can be more prone to putting things out of whack. It is simply the hearts natural pacemaker - the left and right have to be in sync to control the valves. For us, the right hand side is ever so slightly off, but again, the chances are, you have had it your whole life and you will have done all your training etc with no problem at all. Generally speaking, if there was going to be a problem as a result of it, it more that likely would have happened by now. Try your best not to worry about it. 

It did initially freak me out, so I do not blame you for feeling this way at all.

#1897 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 31 March 2021 - 03:02 PM

I have a right bundle branch block too and I have read a fair bit about it. Essentially, you could have had it your whole life - and will likely continue - with nothing occurring as a result. Even a left bundle branch block can be nothing to worry about, but that can be more prone to putting things out of whack. It is simply the hearts natural pacemaker - the left and right have to be in sync to control the valves. For us, the right hand side is ever so slightly off, but again, the chances are, you have had it your whole life and you will have done all your training etc with no problem at all. Generally speaking, if there was going to be a problem as a result of it, it more that likely would have happened by now. Try your best not to worry about it. 

It did initially freak me out, so I do not blame you for feeling this way at all.

That is helpful thank you. Im back to work today doing my best 

#1898 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 March 2021 - 05:38 PM

The best is all you can do - and don't overdo it. Your best is always good enough!

#1899 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 02 April 2021 - 06:38 PM

Been having a not great day today. Had a couple of good days but today I woke up anxious got a little naseous and set off all kinds of anxiety. Went to the VA had bad heartburn then went to work when I got to work they tell me 2 guys are out with covid immediately I start worrying that I have covid my throat has been hurting but I am pretty sure its from reflux the last few days. Its weird when I am locked up I have not heartburn no anything I can eat what I like and have no real anxiety I get home and boom its all back again. I feel flush and my temp was 99 then I laid down for a bit and took it again it was 98. I feel light headed and fatigued I think this all due to my anxiety but I wonder for sure. I went up on my zoloft today to 50 mg. I am hoping to get off the lamotragine cause I am worried ill get the rash any advice

#1900 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 April 2021 - 07:24 AM

Probably reflux directly setting off your anxiety. My drs always have me treat the heartburn and sore throat with omeprazole. One a day in mornings until things settle down. Usually takes a couple weeks.

#1901 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 03 April 2021 - 04:32 PM

We are back to having good days and bad I thank God for hat and Invalid both of you have reminded me constantly time is my friend. I remember now 3 years ago when I went through this I used to ask how long will I feel this way why are some days good some bad and you guys said time. I can see that now time is important. Today has been OK it started out difficult but I got myself out of bed went for a walk and I felt moderately better.

#1902 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:18 PM

Probably reflux directly setting off your anxiety. My drs always have me treat the heartburn and sore throat with omeprazole. One a day in mornings until things settle down. Usually takes a couple weeks.

They've had the wife on this for around 4 -5 months now!! How many times do I need to spell it out - it is not a long-term drug! But tests mean money and there is none... So better off paying £9.25 a month for the pills which cost around 50p so the government get more money.

#1903 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 April 2021 - 01:24 PM

We are back to having good days and bad I thank God for hat and Invalid both of you have reminded me constantly time is my friend. I remember now 3 years ago when I went through this I used to ask how long will I feel this way why are some days good some bad and you guys said time. I can see that now time is important. Today has been OK it started out difficult but I got myself out of bed went for a walk and I felt moderately better.

If it helps, I am exactly where you are AJ. I feel like I am going back to where I was. The mornings I wake worrying about getting through the day and getting started. I do my best to ignore my thoughts and get started with something. As soon as I get going, it does help as you say. But I have had so much happen in such a short period of time, it is going to take a while to heal. 

You are right - time will get you where you need to be. Just think - when you break a leg, you don't worry about it being broken forever as you know it will heal. The same needs to be applied here. Depression and anxiety is not you - it is an illness... a broken leg. Let it heal and pay it no mind as best you can.

I know what I am asking is so difficult as I am there right now with you, but I know this to be the way out.

#1904 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 04:32 PM

I keep worrying I am going to get covid and die 

#1905 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 April 2021 - 05:32 PM

Have you been vaccinated yet AJ?

#1906 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 05 April 2021 - 06:15 PM

Have you been vaccinated yet AJ?

No I am to scared to also I am stuck I worry what if I have an adverse reaction I read about this 39 year old who died from it in Utah and it got me worried that could happen if I get it. So I am scared of getting it and scared to get vaccinated I don't know what to do at all.

#1907 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:07 AM

Are you allergic to flu vaccines?

#1908 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 09:37 AM

Are you allergic to flu vaccines?

No

#1909 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:15 PM

Try and get the Johnson and Johnson if you can because it is made b y the same technique as the flu vaccine. You should be just fine.

#1910 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:25 PM

Try and get the Johnson and Johnson if you can because it is made b y the same technique as the flu vaccine. You should be just fine.

Ok Gotcha thanks bud 

#1911 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 08 April 2021 - 10:03 AM

Been getting more shortness of breath at least it feels that way I think it may be just anxiety cause I am able to get a breath in and hold my breath for up to 30 seconds or more. Stomach was upset yesterday been doing the best I can to keep the anxiety monster at bay and try to just blend with it. The physical symptoms are the worst cause they distract me and make me think something seriously is wrong. 

#1912 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 April 2021 - 02:42 PM

Been there done that. Hang in there.

#1913 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 April 2021 - 07:45 AM

Hey AJ...

I really understand how this is affecting you, but really it is your health anxiety. I am not playing it down because I have been there. I'm not going to tell you the sort of things that I thought about my breathing because that will also play on your mind!! But believe me, there were times that I felt very similar.

If you have had the flu and come through it, then the odds are highly stacked in your favour about you getting through COVID - that is assuming you were unlucky enough to get it in the first place, which is quite unlikely. 

Try box breathing like we have discussed before 5 seconds in, hold for 5, out for 5 seconds, hold for 5... adjust the length of time to suit. Its not so rubbish made up to distract you, this does actually send a signal via the vagnus nerve to the brain to calm you down.

You will be fine man...

IUN

#1914 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 09 April 2021 - 12:58 PM

Hey AJ...

I really understand how this is affecting you, but really it is your health anxiety. I am not playing it down because I have been there. I'm not going to tell you the sort of things that I thought about my breathing because that will also play on your mind!! But believe me, there were times that I felt very similar.

If you have had the flu and come through it, then the odds are highly stacked in your favour about you getting through COVID - that is assuming you were unlucky enough to get it in the first place, which is quite unlikely. 

Try box breathing like we have discussed before 5 seconds in, hold for 5, out for 5 seconds, hold for 5... adjust the length of time to suit. Its not so rubbish made up to distract you, this does actually send a signal via the vagnus nerve to the brain to calm you down.

You will be fine man...

IUN

Thank you brother you are amazing and I appreciate you so very much God bless

#1915 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 April 2021 - 01:11 PM

We're always here for you and you have done some great achievements recently. 

This is a classic "blip". Just getting over one myself, and no matter how many blips you have, or how low it has been since the last blip, somehow you always think you have gone back to square one!

I know you are nodding your head as you are reading this :)

Take care brother and God Bless

#1916 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 11:19 AM

Some days are getting better more than others 

#1917 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 April 2021 - 06:23 PM

Good to hear AJ!

Just let the days come as they will. Don't try to think too far ahead.

Mine have started to improve as well. Nothing stays the same for too long - we always come out the other side....

#1918 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:07 PM

So the wife wants to go to florida for a few days next week and I am nervous she wants to go to harry potter world for her birthday. I am worried about getting covid. I havent been able to get vaccinated yet. Not sure what I should do its our yearly family trip. 

#1919 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 April 2021 - 05:27 PM

Hard call. Just from an emotional standpoint do you think you could handle the crowds/noise/etc?  Is there a mandatory mask rule where you are going?

#1920 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 15 April 2021 - 08:32 AM

Hard call. Just from an emotional standpoint do you think you could handle the crowds/noise/etc?  Is there a mandatory mask rule where you are going?

Yep there is a mask rule 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users