2761 replies to this topic

#2221 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 September 2021 - 06:00 AM

I don't like to weigh in here and mix everything up, but there have been a number of unpublished papers (unpublished...why?), but they all point out the fact that people with natural immunity (not-vaccinated) have a much milder reaction to the delta variant - but then the internet it littered with (published) material which states the contrary. 

"More vaccinated people are dying of the delta variant of covid than unvaccinated people, according to a recent report from Public Health England. The report shows that 489 of 742 people (65.9%) who died of the delta variant within 28 days of a positive covid test between 1 February 2021 and 2 August 2021, had received at least one dose of the vaccine. 54.1% (402 of 742) had received both doses."

source: https://blogs.bmj.co...ines-dont-work/

If you read the link, they try to backpedal out of the figures by comparing it to people who have fatal car accidents whilst not wearing seatbelts, but the math does not add up at all. I won't go into the details now, but the figures show that 2 in 3 people with the delta variant died compared to 1 in 3 who were not vaccinated. Even if we give the benefit of the doubt and call it 50/50, this should put your mind at rest.

Sure people can say that some people simply do not develop the antibodies from the vaccine, and that some who have already had covid are less likely, but this is purely subjective. Plenty of people can get flu twice in a season. There are far too many factors.

I have chosen not to be vaccinated, and nor will I complain if I get covid. The decision and the risk is mine alone. I don't like being TOLD to put meds into my system without fully understanding what they are doing - which is why I will never take another SSRI. Despite what you may have been told that the "technology" behind the vaccine has been around since the 70's - its not true. Many many doctors have spoken openly about this - including a previous ex-partner of Pfizer. Such people could have their lives at stake by openly broadcasting such things about the vaccine. Just little things, little white lies.. they give me reason not to trust. Everyone in England thought Pfizer created the vaccine. Did they? No. The question wasn't asked directly - it was implied. It was created in India - not exactly the hub of world dominant medicine. Pfizer simply MADE the vaccine. There is plenty more, but I want to keep this open ended.

There is every reason to believe that the vaccine MAY be better, but for me, the data doesn't exist, and thus the risk of the long-term effects (untold amount of abortions from vaccinated women being just one example) don't cut it for me. But for the elderly - maybe it is a lifesaver - but ask yourself, why was Prince Philip supposedly improving in his condition, but 2 weeks after he had his jab, the poor guy died! Can they really silence the Royal Family?! 

Too many questions. Not enough answers. But most importantly, these as MY views and mine alone. I fully respect what Hat and Frog have said here, and what other people are hypothesising. Being a research worker I am bound to look at things this way!!

#2222 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 04 September 2021 - 07:26 AM

I am afraid I have to disagree with IUN on this one. Plenty of good research and statistics to show the risk to unvaccinated. Her where I live nearly all severe illnesses and deaths are in the unvaccinated. Plenty of data on the safety of the vaccines as well. Enough said.

#2223 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 September 2021 - 09:03 AM

Rare that this should happen that Hat and myself disagree, but I fully support Hat's post. He has a lot of wisdom, and dare I say, if I was in Missouri, I may well be vaccinated.

Again, the above is my opinion and it may well be biased due to my experience. It is going to be a very different story for many people. It is what I say to everyone who speaks with me about it. Whether or not to be vaccinated is a personal choice - just like my choice not to eat meat. What I do not like is being forced and having my freedom being held over me if I decide not to go ahead with the vaccine.

But, my last word on this is simple for you AJ. If it is your health anxiety getting in the way of the vaccine, then try your best to overcome this and have the jab.

If it is a question of choice, then this is entirely down to you. I wouldn't want you to not be vaccinated based purely on my opinion. I am clearly passionate about it, but here in the UK, things are a different story. You have every right to do what you feel is best. 

#2224 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 September 2021 - 08:02 PM

I am thinking of switching back to Zoloft I dont really like the way Lexapro has been working would this be a hard transition from 10mg lexapro to 100 mg zoloft ?

#2225 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 September 2021 - 05:17 AM

You need to be really sure this is the best move for you. Often switching back and forth can bring its own problems and when you reinstate a drug it might not have the same benefits as it did the last time purely as the structure of the brain has changed since last taking it.

But that said, others find that going back to one that worked, does just that. In fact I did with Citalopram. I went through Zoloft, Cymbalta and Lexapro before ending up back where I started on te Citalopram, and fortunately, it worked. But from experience here on the forum, I am just giving you both sides of the coin. 

#2226 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 September 2021 - 07:26 AM

I fully echo what IUN said. Changing several times usually produces more problems than answers.  

#2227 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 September 2021 - 05:21 PM

...usually produces more problems than answers.  

clear and concise way of explaining it.

#2228 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 09:23 AM

Just not sure what else I can do. I know that after a certain amount of time Lexapro can stop working and I feel like that is what is happening to me along with the inability to lose weight. and my libido its enough to make me want to go back. I figure i will at least talk to my dr about it.

#2229 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 September 2021 - 11:21 AM

I beleive you are currently on 10 mg. How long you been on that dose?

#2230 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 06 September 2021 - 07:01 PM

I beleive you are currently on 10 mg. How long you been on that dose?

about 2-3 months

#2231 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 September 2021 - 07:41 AM

Thats long enough to stabilize for sure.  Dr time for sure.

#2232 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 September 2021 - 09:17 AM

Agreed - 10 weeks+ should show improvement if there is any to be gleaned from the Lexapro...

#2233 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 08 September 2021 - 02:04 PM

My biggest gripe is the weight gain I have been working out eating right and still i havent lost a pound thats a big one for me because I see keeping my weight down as healthy heart issues and weight issues run in my family that is one of the biggest reason I would switch.

#2234 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 September 2021 - 03:38 PM

Most antidepressants carry a significant risk of weight gain except Wellbutrin which can actually cause some weight loss. Cymbalta is fat soluble and any excess is said to be stored in fat tissue. I would be satisfied with just staying the same weight for now. Members have had a hard times some times while losing weight during withdrawal as it can cause release of that stored Cymbalta and effect the withdrawal symptoms. Probably best to fight one issue at a time.

#2235 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 09 September 2021 - 06:59 PM

Most antidepressants carry a significant risk of weight gain except Wellbutrin which can actually cause some weight loss. Cymbalta is fat soluble and any excess is said to be stored in fat tissue. I would be satisfied with just staying the same weight for now. Members have had a hard times some times while losing weight during withdrawal as it can cause release of that stored Cymbalta and effect the withdrawal symptoms. Probably best to fight one issue at a time.

That is true not sure what to do got a lot going on right now my dad is in the hospital on life support he has an infection ravaging his body. My boss has covid so I have been doing double duty at work again. I just feel like a shell of person these days.

#2236 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 September 2021 - 07:57 AM

The timing is bad for sure. I wish I could help but sometimes life is just tough.

#2237 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 September 2021 - 05:11 PM

AJ - my dear friend,

It pains me to hear that your father is in such a state at the moment - my heart goes to him, and of course to yourself.

I have been through a lot of pain myself recently (emotional) and I can fully understand it when you say you feel like a shell of a person. For me this is a reminder that we are very spiritually evolved and we are reminded that there is more to come. We are here to learn. It is tough as Hat says. I am in the midst of days where I feel very synthetic and feel homesick. 

Sorry this is a bit morbid, but I just want you to know you are not alone. This track helps me realise how I feel at these times. It brings me to tears almost every time;

#2238 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 08:23 AM

https://www.nature.c...380-021-01021-4

I found this interesting they say that other drugs in that family such as Citalopram, ecitalopram, zoloft and others have similar effects. This is promising to me what do you all think.

#2239 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 September 2021 - 05:05 PM

Yes, sort of...

With any serious condition, whether it be covid, heaart attack, stoke, etc., drs often prescribe an antidepressant. It helps calm the patient and reduces the stress response. As any stress weighs heavy on a body the more the stress can be reduced the bettewr the chance of recovery. It is not a cure all but does help with recovery. 

#2240 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 September 2021 - 05:19 PM

Interesting article, but this rests heavily on the (now published) fact that SSRI's are good for pregnancy. There is far too much for and against this. It is a minefield.

The journal in question is owned by Alexander and Daniel Macmillan - scientists, one would presume? No. A conservative politician and his son. In cohorts with those currently in power in the UK. I am not speaking bad of journals, but there are still people behind these things that are pulling the strings. 

A skeptic would say they are trying to cover up the fact that they are under-fire for COVID vaccines being responsible for still-born pregnancies - which if you search their back-catalog, is not contained in their journal. I know I have a reputation here as one concerned with conspiracy, but I question a lot of things. Not saying I am right, not saying I am wrong. But food for thought.

In my defence.. "I'm a researcher, what do you expect" :D

#2241 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 September 2021 - 07:55 PM

My father passed today I was there holding his hand the whole way he was 70 years old. My heart is broken I miss him so much he was a great man.

#2242 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 September 2021 - 12:59 PM

My deepest sympathies AJ. Be kind to yourself.

#2243 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 September 2021 - 05:44 PM

So sorry to hear the news AJ. Remember he is now at peace and free from the pain...

As Hat said, make sure you are kind to yourself during this time

#2244 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 September 2021 - 08:48 AM

I had to make the final decision if we will do comfort care (let him die) or keep trying other stuff he was 70 and his body just couldnt fight all the infections he had. I held his hand and place my other hand on his shoulder as the priest finished the last rights my father took his final breath. its the hardest thing ive had to do. I feel this huge loss. I feel guilt like did i make the right decision i know my dad didnt want to end up a vegetable. Now its got me thinking more about covid as well I dont want to take the vaccine because its just seems so sketchy. I dont want to get covid either but I hear that natural immunity is better I dont know anymore love you guys cherish every moment

#2245 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 September 2021 - 11:06 AM

Amen.  I have seen my share of death in my life and I empathize. Focus on the memories of all the good times you two had together and he will live on in your heart. 

#2246 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 September 2021 - 06:15 PM

Don't feel any guilt for what you did AJ. Just think what you would have wanted in the same position. This would have been your father's decision as well. 

As Hat said, think as much as you can of the good times. None of those who have gone before us will be wanting us to spend our time in sorrow or guilt. Your father will be in a far better position to help you from his lofty position in the Summerland... and that he will. In those quieter times, his gratitude will be shown. Ask your father to tell you that he is safe and in good time, you will hear from him.

#2247 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:00 AM

Dads funeral is tomorrow prayers are welcomed 

#2248 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 September 2021 - 09:09 AM

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

#2249 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 September 2021 - 07:04 PM

Prayers will be sent your way before turning in this evening.

Wish you and family all the very best for tomorrow. Remember your father will be there, but not in the casket. Most find themselves attending their own funeral, as odd as that may sound!

He has traded his time for eternity and will be surrounded by the ever-comforting light of God. He is free...

#2250 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 September 2021 - 06:18 AM

Hey AJ...

How you doing? I hope all went well with the gathering. If nothing else, it is a collection of close family and friends which is always comforting. 

Ironic, but I have just heard a few hours ago that I have lost my Uncle. Not entirely unexpected but gone too soon. We thought he would have more time. Just so you know, you are not alone in your present state of mourning. 

Take care my friend.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users