2761 replies to this topic

#2281 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:26 AM

So difficult to say whether similar effects will be noticed another time around.Things can change, especially when there are other meds in-between.

As said before, you need to make sure that this change is well thought-out, and you are doing the right thing in tapping us here for advice. You have been through plenty already and we need to look after you brother!!

Thanks brother I appreciate it Lexapro was a new drug for me all I can say is it effects me differently than anything else I have tried. I have had paxil in the past I am leaning that way because when I didnt mix it with alcohol or anything it did help. Although I may try wellbutrin I have had that in the past but I was so anxious I thought my tongue swelled so in my file it says i am allergic wether or not I am Idk I had only tried it one time. You are right I have a lot to think about and make my mind up about in the next few days you two are people I trust youve been down this road and I believe you are great God given advisers to help me with this decision weve known and talked for 3+ years thats a long time in my book. so I trust you guys to help me choose a  good route.

#2282 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:48 AM

If Wellbutrin caused your tongue to swell then definitely don't use it. That can be a sign of an allergic reaction.

#2283 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:00 PM

Thank you for your kind words AJ - we can offer all opinions based on what we have seen on the forum and are as factually-based as possible, but the end decision is with you and you alone. Granted it is a very difficult choice to make, but you know your body better than anyone else INCLUDING any doctors.

#2284 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:11 AM

I may see about giving paxil a try again or its going to be zoloft 

#2285 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:20 AM

Does paxil cause dementia 

#2286 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:19 PM

Research is not real clear on the subject but it is believed that all antidepressants carry an increase risk of dementia. 

#2287 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:52 PM

Research is not real clear on the subject but it is believed that all antidepressants carry an increase risk of dementia. 

is it reversible once it sets in ?

#2288 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:40 AM

No, although there is some new meds in trial that seem promising.

#2289 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 03:12 PM

This is the plan I am to take 5mg or half my normal dose of ecitalopram for 3-4 day and take 25mg of Zoloft for 3 days Stop Ecitalopram on the 3rd or 4th day and go up to 50mg of Zoloft on day 3. Then on day 6 take 75 mg of zoloft then on day 9 100 mg of Zoloft.

#2290 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 October 2021 - 04:48 PM

That is a good but fast cross over. The main thing is that with each updose of Zoloft you will probably have 4 or 5 days if digestive issues. 

#2291 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 October 2021 - 08:55 AM

Agreed, that is a very fast taper...

#2292 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 09:34 AM

Day 1 going ok so far with it. I think my doc does it faster because in the past i have handled it well. The way he explained it is its important to basically swap them out at some point instead of doing a straight swap he wants to introduce the Zoloft a few days before I stop the ecitalopram.

#2293 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 17 October 2021 - 10:15 AM

Day 2 Had a very vivid nightmare I was at work then it was all of a sudden the next day and I was freaking out cause I had lost a day somehow. My anxiety was high in the dream and carried over to my waking state. Doing what I can to keep myself calm and remember it was just a dream.

#2294 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:18 PM

Often an issue with these drugs. What we don't process in our waking state gets transferred to our unconscious state. Short of taking z-drugs which will eliminate rem-sleep (which I really don't recommend), this will be something to grin and bear with for now...

#2295 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 18 October 2021 - 05:42 PM

Day 3 been a bit more irritable today. Still hanging in there I am supposed to stop Lexapro tonight and only take Zoloft 50 mg so that is what I am doing we will see how that goes for me.

#2296 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 October 2021 - 06:52 PM

Very brave move going on there... see how it goes, but if need be, don't feel bad about having to reinstate - this is a VERY quick cross-taper

#2297 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 07:41 AM

Day 4. Physical symptoms starting quesy and loose stool but I am ok I know whats causing it and that is half the battle I keep reminding myself just need to be strong and push through time will get me where I need to be luckily i got on lexapro this last year so its fresh in my memory what it felt like to adjust to that this will just need adjustment I am supposed to be on Zoloft 50mg until Sunday then I move to 75mg for 9 days then up to 100 thank you all

#2298 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 October 2021 - 08:02 AM

Doing well so far AJ. The digestive issues pass with time. I used a little Imodium D to help control mine.

#2299 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:05 PM

The other thing I am noticing is I am quite physically tired. I believe its my body adjusting excerting a lot of energy adjusting now I think does it make sense I dont know 

#2300 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 October 2021 - 05:24 PM

It is very common to feel tired when starting a new antidepressant. It should fade a few weeks after going on your final dose.

#2301 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 October 2021 - 08:56 AM

Im considering just staying at 50 mg of Zoloft i have been doing pretty good so far and it can prime me for getting off again. Thoughts ? otherwise I am supposed to go up to 75 mg on sunday for 9 days then up to 100 

#2302 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 October 2021 - 09:13 AM

If you are feeling fairly well, yes, just stay at that level and see how it goes. No sense in taking more than you need. You can always go up in dose more later if needed. 

#2303 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 October 2021 - 03:53 PM

Agree completely. You don't want to pave the way for a withdrawal more difficult that it needs to be. 

That is a relatively low dose to reduce from, so if you can maintain that, then it would be good

#2304 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 22 October 2021 - 09:34 AM

Definetly having sligtht feelings of anxiety but I know there cause I know what to do to counter them and I just have to do that 

#2305 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 26 October 2021 - 07:16 PM

Its been about a week off of the lexapro and on the Zoloft starting to feel like myself again. With that I also feel some anxiety some depression and some uneasyness. This morning I was watching the end of a show and someone was talking about how they died and came back and that there was nothing after death it was a cessation of consciousness so that triggered me today.

#2306 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 October 2021 - 09:13 AM

Signs of improvement. You may still have to deal with some issues even with the Zoloft but it sure seems like an improvement at this point. Time will tell 9f you need to raise the dose in the future. You are still early in the process.

#2307 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 October 2021 - 05:20 PM

So I have had some down days not like I wanna harm myself but down down days. Is this just adjustment again from the meds I think it is. but not sure 

#2308 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2021 - 06:30 PM

There will always be windows like this - the trick is to just tell yourself that it is the meds and nothing that you are doing yourself. 

It is just symptoms of the pills - just the sore throat with the flu. You can put up with and carry on knowing that it will soon pass. The same applies here.

#2309 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 November 2021 - 12:24 PM

Been having some very strange memory issues. I know it could just be anxiety but I am getting worried it may be something serious. (brain tumor) or something. How can I know what this may be 

#2310 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 November 2021 - 05:37 PM

If it were a brain tumor there would almost surely be other symptoms. Of course that would depend on where the tumor was. Really no way for us to tell for sure but I suspect it is just the anxiety.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users