2294 replies to this topic

#2281 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 13 October 2021 - 07:26 AM

So difficult to say whether similar effects will be noticed another time around.Things can change, especially when there are other meds in-between.

As said before, you need to make sure that this change is well thought-out, and you are doing the right thing in tapping us here for advice. You have been through plenty already and we need to look after you brother!!

Thanks brother I appreciate it Lexapro was a new drug for me all I can say is it effects me differently than anything else I have tried. I have had paxil in the past I am leaning that way because when I didnt mix it with alcohol or anything it did help. Although I may try wellbutrin I have had that in the past but I was so anxious I thought my tongue swelled so in my file it says i am allergic wether or not I am Idk I had only tried it one time. You are right I have a lot to think about and make my mind up about in the next few days you two are people I trust youve been down this road and I believe you are great God given advisers to help me with this decision weve known and talked for 3+ years thats a long time in my book. so I trust you guys to help me choose a  good route.

#2282 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,133 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 October 2021 - 09:48 AM

If Wellbutrin caused your tongue to swell then definitely don't use it. That can be a sign of an allergic reaction.

#2283 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 October 2021 - 05:00 PM

Thank you for your kind words AJ - we can offer all opinions based on what we have seen on the forum and are as factually-based as possible, but the end decision is with you and you alone. Granted it is a very difficult choice to make, but you know your body better than anyone else INCLUDING any doctors.

#2284 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 10:11 AM

I may see about giving paxil a try again or its going to be zoloft 

#2285 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 11:20 AM

Does paxil cause dementia 

#2286 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,133 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:19 PM

Research is not real clear on the subject but it is believed that all antidepressants carry an increase risk of dementia. 

#2287 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 14 October 2021 - 05:52 PM

Research is not real clear on the subject but it is believed that all antidepressants carry an increase risk of dementia. 

is it reversible once it sets in ?

#2288 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,133 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 October 2021 - 08:40 AM

No, although there is some new meds in trial that seem promising.

#2289 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 15 October 2021 - 03:12 PM

This is the plan I am to take 5mg or half my normal dose of ecitalopram for 3-4 day and take 25mg of Zoloft for 3 days Stop Ecitalopram on the 3rd or 4th day and go up to 50mg of Zoloft on day 3. Then on day 6 take 75 mg of zoloft then on day 9 100 mg of Zoloft.

#2290 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,133 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 October 2021 - 04:48 PM

That is a good but fast cross over. The main thing is that with each updose of Zoloft you will probably have 4 or 5 days if digestive issues. 

#2291 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 October 2021 - 08:55 AM

Agreed, that is a very fast taper...

#2292 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted 16 October 2021 - 09:34 AM

Day 1 going ok so far with it. I think my doc does it faster because in the past i have handled it well. The way he explained it is its important to basically swap them out at some point instead of doing a straight swap he wants to introduce the Zoloft a few days before I stop the ecitalopram.

#2293 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted Yesterday, 10:15 AM

Day 2 Had a very vivid nightmare I was at work then it was all of a sudden the next day and I was freaking out cause I had lost a day somehow. My anxiety was high in the dream and carried over to my waking state. Doing what I can to keep myself calm and remember it was just a dream.

#2294 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 5,703 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted Today, 05:18 PM

Often an issue with these drugs. What we don't process in our waking state gets transferred to our unconscious state. Short of taking z-drugs which will eliminate rem-sleep (which I really don't recommend), this will be something to grin and bear with for now...

#2295 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,080 posts

Posted Today, 05:42 PM

Day 3 been a bit more irritable today. Still hanging in there I am supposed to stop Lexapro tonight and only take Zoloft 50 mg so that is what I am doing we will see how that goes for me.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users