2761 replies to this topic

#2401 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 April 2022 - 07:36 AM

Been a crazy few weeks lots of ups and downs. hope all is well with you guys. Going to talk to my dr in may about the weight gain and see what I can do. 

Good luck AJ. More downs than ups this end, but doing all I can to keep going

#2402 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 30 April 2022 - 01:24 PM

Been off Adderall for about 3 weeks and doing good. I am thinking of coming off my Zoloft as well. Right now I am at 50mg. I would like to go way slower than before that way maybe I wont relapse like last year any advice. I see my dr in a week or so. 

#2403 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 April 2022 - 01:32 PM

I have been dropping my Zoloft *150 mg) for a few weeks. I am planning a 3 year wean and so far it is going well. In your case AJ I would say a 1 to 2 year wean.

#2404 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 11 May 2022 - 05:07 PM

Had a tough last couple of weeks was off my Adderall for about a month cold turkey cause dr didnt send it. Last week had 3 days of intense suicidial ideation,but doing a little better now I read that Adderall withdrawl can plunge you into a deep depression and it did for sure. Finally got my dose today so starting back again tomorrow have to hold off on going off of Zoloft for now. got my thyroid function checked came back normal so that is good have to chalk weight issues up to old age at this point turning 40 in  a month. Hope you all are well. 

#2405 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 May 2022 - 02:58 PM

What?! Your dr didn't sent your prescription through?? Do these people understand how dangerous this can be? I would be furious at your doctor.

Don't worry about hitting the big 4-0. Just a number...  

When you get to three digits like Hat, then you can start to think otherwise... :P

#2406 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 10:41 AM

What?! Your dr didn't sent your prescription through?? Do these people understand how dangerous this can be? I would be furious at your doctor.

Don't worry about hitting the big 4-0. Just a number...  

When you get to three digits like Hat, then you can start to think otherwise... :P

Yeah it was a cluster by week 4 I was thinking of suicide every moment of every day I didnt realize why I felt the way I did tho. My dr was on vacation so had a appt on Monday with him. Basically when he was gone the dr in charge was supposed to send the request in to pharmacy and never did. He was pissed and did what he could to make it right. I am doing better now but it was touchy there for awhile. One thing I did recently is on my facebook I eliminated anything to do with after life stuff or even religoun I realized it was forcing me to think of things that were setteled in my mind already. 

#2407 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 May 2022 - 01:35 PM

That is a relief. I went through my share of problems getting meds also in the past. I think the removal of the posts was a good move. It is time to move on.

#2408 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 14 May 2022 - 01:47 PM

That is a relief. I went through my share of problems getting meds also in the past. I think the removal of the posts was a good move. It is time to move on.

very much so thank you hat Hope you are doing well my friend 

#2409 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 May 2022 - 04:00 PM

Thanks for asking AJ. The Zoloft withdrawal goes very well but, of course, very slow too.  lol

#2410 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 May 2022 - 06:48 AM

I think you did the right think on social media there AJ... 

The time will come when you are more comfortable with things regarding the after life, but until that time, it is better to remove temptation that will make you think. 

There is no question in my head of where we are going, and whilst I don't want to speak for Hat, I am quite sure, knowing him for as long as I have, that he would say the same. Anxiety will do whatever it will to make you question things you would otherwise know to be true. 

It is different for each of us. I am going through something similar, but no concerning the afterlife. It is tough, It can be very difficult. I truly understand.

#2411 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 May 2022 - 07:26 AM

"Anxiety will do whatever it will to make you question things you would otherwise know to be true. "

What a true statement.

#2412 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 May 2022 - 11:08 AM

Been doing a little better each day i have found a workout routine that does not completely demolish me. I am trying a new fasting its the 5:2 fast so I eat regular for 5 days and take in 600 calories for 2 days. It has actually helped calm me a bit. It does make anxiety a bit worse with the extra cortisol sloshing through my body, however its not un manageable at this point. have taken a few lbs off so that is good as well. All in all things are going well. The dr wants me to wait until I am done with therapy to try and wean off meds. 

#2413 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 May 2022 - 02:58 PM

I agree with your dr. Time heals the body.

#2414 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 May 2022 - 06:30 AM

How you doing AJ??

As Hat said, your Dr is right insomuch that the therapy will give you the tools and the confidence to take the withdrawal much easier. 

As difficult as it is for me to say, I feel it is important. As you know, I am coming off Valium and I foolishly thought I could go 2,5mg and off. I am tired of having taken so long to get down from 10mg. But man was I wrong. I completely forgot the advice I give out to others on the forum!! It is for sure going to be a slow last part of the withdrawal. I have to accept that. This last week has been nothing short of horrific. I certainly wish I had the availability of therapy - so mark every moment....

#2415 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 31 May 2022 - 11:00 AM

How you doing AJ??

As Hat said, your Dr is right insomuch that the therapy will give you the tools and the confidence to take the withdrawal much easier. 

As difficult as it is for me to say, I feel it is important. As you know, I am coming off Valium and I foolishly thought I could go 2,5mg and off. I am tired of having taken so long to get down from 10mg. But man was I wrong. I completely forgot the advice I give out to others on the forum!! It is for sure going to be a slow last part of the withdrawal. I have to accept that. This last week has been nothing short of horrific. I certainly wish I had the availability of therapy - so mark every moment....

I am doing OK I am trying to do more to take what control I have over myself and to be strong with it. I am sorry you are struggling my friend hang in there 

#2416 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 June 2022 - 07:27 AM

Thank you AJ...

Self-compassion is the key here. You need to understand that you are doing is your best. Putting pressure on yourself to get thru it any quicker than you can will only induce more anxiety.

Alan Watts, a well-known "interpreter of Eastern thinking for the West" once said that taking medication is a difficult circumstance insomuch that it adds an expectation of your state being improved. 

You have anxiety - you get prescribed a pill - you introduce another level of anxiety where you worry whether it will in fact help you - and if it doesn't what you will do. 

The alternative is to face up to it. In some circumstances it is not possible of course. But this is where some of the best methods have proven to be the best to combating anxiety. Letting it be there and accepting that it is there. Using medication is a form of fighting it and not wanting to say what you already know being the veteran that you are - fighting is an unknown battle. Medication is the same. You have no idea what might happen. 

If you had the opportunity you would confront the enemy (anxiety in this case) and deal with things rationally. 

I will never forget what my grandfather told me about the Somme where at a point of armistice, the two sides engaged in a football match. A wonderful point of humanity. One side against the other in nothing other than sportsmanship. I ask for a greater story of peace between the world. Both sides laid down their positions as a means as if to say - we are here for what we are here to do - we want nothing more than this to be over.

Now... I just want to make something absolutely clear here. I have never served, and thus do not know what it is like to be in that position. For people that have read my previous posts, I am such a huge supporter of those who give their lives for their country. I am in awe of their bravery and dedication. My advice is given from a perspective on a medical, non-serving, perspective. I therefore mean no harm in what I say. Our service men deserve my every respect. That will NEVER change.

#2417 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 01 June 2022 - 11:21 AM

Thank you AJ...

Self-compassion is the key here. You need to understand that you are doing is your best. Putting pressure on yourself to get thru it any quicker than you can will only induce more anxiety.

Alan Watts, a well-known "interpreter of Eastern thinking for the West" once said that taking medication is a difficult circumstance insomuch that it adds an expectation of your state being improved. 

You have anxiety - you get prescribed a pill - you introduce another level of anxiety where you worry whether it will in fact help you - and if it doesn't what you will do. 

The alternative is to face up to it. In some circumstances it is not possible of course. But this is where some of the best methods have proven to be the best to combating anxiety. Letting it be there and accepting that it is there. Using medication is a form of fighting it and not wanting to say what you already know being the veteran that you are - fighting is an unknown battle. Medication is the same. You have no idea what might happen. 

If you had the opportunity you would confront the enemy (anxiety in this case) and deal with things rationally. 

I will never forget what my grandfather told me about the Somme where at a point of armistice, the two sides engaged in a football match. A wonderful point of humanity. One side against the other in nothing other than sportsmanship. I ask for a greater story of peace between the world. Both sides laid down their positions as a means as if to say - we are here for what we are here to do - we want nothing more than this to be over.

Now... I just want to make something absolutely clear here. I have never served, and thus do not know what it is like to be in that position. For people that have read my previous posts, I am such a huge supporter of those who give their lives for their country. I am in awe of their bravery and dedication. My advice is given from a perspective on a medical, non-serving, perspective. I therefore mean no harm in what I say. Our service men deserve my every respect. That will NEVER change.

Such a great post and put into perspective what I have learned and been saying all along. When I fought a physical enemy it was easier in the sense I knew my target with mental stuff I know the enemy but dont know all the tactics all the time. Mental fighting is more difficult than anything ive done on the battle field. Thank you brother God bless

#2418 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 June 2022 - 07:16 AM

"Mental fighting is more difficult than anything ive done on the battle field"

Never really thought of it that way, but I can see it for what it is. It makes complete sense. That "tactics" of the brain can be very difficult being unknown. You certainly have got a grasp on it... Well done brother.

#2419 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 25 June 2022 - 10:35 AM

It has been awhile since checking in and a lot has changed. I turned 40 a few weeks ago so had some anxiety about that I have however been able to do my 5:2 fast and workout regularly it has helped my mental health. I ve lost about 10 pounds so far. One thing I noticed is some depression coming up and I actually caught myself this time. I am getting burnt out to much working out to much work in general etc.. Now that I know where I am at and why I feel depressed anxious now I am working on a recovery plan for myself to wind down a bit. Last year when I was in this mode I actually came on here and spoke with hat and Iun and you guys hit the nail on the head (although i didnt listen and should have) when you were telling me I needed to slow down. Well this year going through same stuff but this time I am catching it so that is good and a step in the right direction. I truly hope you all are well and that you are pushing forward with life. Lots of love 

Chris

#2420 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 25 June 2022 - 11:03 AM

Wisdom comes with experience. You are getting to know yourself more and more each day. A pat on the back to you.

#2421 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 June 2022 - 09:06 AM

Wow AJ!! 10 pounds is great - well done!

And welcome to the "40's" club!! I've been in it a lot longer, but nice to know I am not alone :)

It is understandable that you are feeling this way about a milestone birthday. Just imagine how Hat felt when he turned 100 years old.. LOL

Joking aside - this is just a rented body our spiritual bodies are using whilst on earth. Nothing more. Just think of it like a house. Everything in it you take with you. The bricks and mortar are nothing more than that.

Don't put yourself down about what we said a few months ago. I have been in the same situation as you. I have been telling people to slow down, to give themselves self-love and compassion, but trying to follow it myself. Well that is another thing altogether. I am as guilty as the next person. I have burnt myself out and so many times not given myself the due love that I owe myself.

Remember, this should be viewed long term. Look at your achievements month-by-month - especially the weight thing. Don't look day-to-day. There will be good days. There will be bad days, but you are going in the right direction overall. And that is an amazing thing.

God Bless brother and take care.

#2422 Troypants

Troypants

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 11 July 2022 - 08:50 AM

That was nice IUN, I needed to hear that, about the spiritual bodies.

#2423 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 July 2022 - 03:12 PM

Thanks for the comment Troy - glad it helps people.

#2424 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 July 2022 - 05:13 PM

Update: My co worker quit last Monday so its been insane the last 2 weeks and not going to get any better in the next 5 weeks,however because of what I went through last year I am prepared for it. Been doing breathing exercises , grounding etc.. I am exhausted and burnt out but I am managing this time. Health anxiety is up have a couple of crowns that dont quite sit right in my mouth and causing food to get trapped and getting some bone loss and decay smell not I taste salt a lot I read it could be from perdontal disease or could be stress but I am taking it slow and just doing what I can till I can see a doc about it. All in all doing Ok I hope you all are well if you have any tips and tricks for boosting mood and or relieving stress I am all ears and ready to try stuff. If you have any experience  with anxiety/stress and teeth and mouth stuff let me know would like to know if I am alone in this. Lots of love 

Chris 

#2425 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 July 2022 - 06:55 AM

It sounds like your body has begun a slow but definite adjustment to handling stress. I just wish you could get some relief from your stressful situations for a while. You have come a long way and have a much better perspective on things now. I am real proud of you.

#2426 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 July 2022 - 09:08 AM

I absolutely agree with Hat. You have come such a long way and I am also very proud of you. 

Stress is very much a part of life and the best way to approach it is to accept each moment as if you have chosen it for yourself. It will all become clear - if not here on the earth, but on the other side.

Also do not forget that trying to stop thinking... requires thinking. It is a paradox. This is why the best thing to do is to accept that which is happening. If we think, or fight against it, then it will not help your situation.

You are very strong AJ, and the issues that you are facing have become easier for you to take on. You will find that - in good time - you will not be nearly as concerned as you have been previously.

Take care brother.

#2427 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 29 July 2022 - 05:08 PM

Thank you both 

#2428 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 August 2022 - 05:19 PM

Always a pleasure.

Please take care of yourself

#2429 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 04 August 2022 - 05:09 PM

So with the extra stress from work and a recent diagnosis of a tooth infection my health anxiety is back and in full force. Had a emotional breakdown yesterday cause i read online that a tooth infection could spread to your brain and kill you or even cause damage to tissue in your body. I have had this tooth problem for about 6 months most recently its gotten worse. I have a cracked tooth under my crown on my top tooth. i am freaking out about it they cant pull it for a few weeks 

#2430 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 August 2022 - 07:42 AM

Dentists don't like to pull teeth when they are infected as it can contaminate the blood.  I assume they put you on antibiotics. It will take the antibiotics 2 or 3 days to have an effect but you should be alright AJ.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users