2437 replies to this topic

#2431 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 05 August 2022 - 05:10 PM

Dentists don't like to pull teeth when they are infected as it can contaminate the blood.  I assume they put you on antibiotics. It will take the antibiotics 2 or 3 days to have an effect but you should be alright AJ.

So my infection is in my gums above my tooth cause the tooth under my crown is cracked the dr gave me a prescription for amoxicillin but told me not to take it until 3 days before my surgery my surgery is on the 22nd thats why im freaking out cause what if it gets worse in the mean time ? I keep reading its rare that i can spread but I dont know what to do anymore 

#2432 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,397 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 August 2022 - 06:34 PM

If it gets worse just go into the ER and they will go ahead and put you on antibiotics. They will take care of you. It will be OK.

#2433 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 August 2022 - 12:50 PM

Hat is absolutely right - this is by far from a reason to worry. What you are talking about is hundreds to one. I would say with confidence that you have nothing to worry about. 

Please try to understand this. I know that with health anxiety always focuses on the worst possible scenario, but the truth as you know it, is far from what you are thinking. 

Again, as Hat said, if it gets worse, a course of antibiotics will sort you out. 

I am not a fan of antibiotics, but they have their place.

Take care.

#2434 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 13 August 2022 - 09:36 AM

its been a tough couple of weeks its strange how history repeats itself albeit with different issues. Just like last year I am over worked and stressed then have a medical issue the tooth this time not the stomach issues etc.. It is weird but at least this time around I know a bit more about how to handle it. I am hoping to get some time off soon to relax and take some time for myself. I am getting my tooth fixed thursday well extracted I start Anti bitotics on Monday so keeping my mind on that. God bless

#2435 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,397 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 August 2022 - 05:07 PM

Experience is good teacher. Good luck with the extraction. Should be a piece of cake.

#2436 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 5,876 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 August 2022 - 03:29 PM

Crikey AJ! You do find this stuff somehow!

I really hope the extraction went well. Just be careful whilst on and just off the antibiotics and it will wipe your immunity. Keep clear of any potential germs and just keep those stress levels low, ok?

Here in the UK, they have a tendency to really overdo the dose for antibiotics in general, but dentists are the worst - we are talking 500mg+ penicillin for 10 days (only just recently cut down from 14 days). You'd end up like a zombie at the end!!!

Hope you are well brother...

#2437 Axlejames

Axlejames

God-like

• Active Members
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 15 August 2022 - 11:56 AM

Crikey AJ! You do find this stuff somehow!

I really hope the extraction went well. Just be careful whilst on and just off the antibiotics and it will wipe your immunity. Keep clear of any potential germs and just keep those stress levels low, ok?

Here in the UK, they have a tendency to really overdo the dose for antibiotics in general, but dentists are the worst - we are talking 500mg+ penicillin for 10 days (only just recently cut down from 14 days). You'd end up like a zombie at the end!!!

Hope you are well brother...

Thats scary I have to take 500 mg 3 times a day right now, what do you mean wipe out immunity/ does that mean i am going to get sick and die or I could get sick and die ? Yikes. Let me know what should I do ?

#2438 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,397 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 August 2022 - 04:03 PM

The antibiotics will do well in controlling you tooth infection BUT it will also kill the good bacteria in your digestive system. Be sure to take a good probiotic for about 7 to 10 days AFTER the antibiotics are done. This will re-establish the good bacteria. 

P.S. - Don't be surprised if the antibiotics give you some diarrhea. That is common and will stop shortly after you are done with them.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users