894 replies to this topic

#211 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:31 AM

So sorry IUN, I fell to sleep early last night. What did you choose? My choice would have been 15mg Lexapro and zero Citalopram. I don't think 10mg Will be enough. A therapeutic dose is 15 - 20mg it seems. Then Mark it on the calender & just accepted that it will take 10 - 14 days for your body to adapt & settle on that dose. Then let's see how you feel in 2 weeks on that dose. Have you read Jason Fox's book? It's a good read, if you want to focus your mind on something, whilst being a bit inspired. Also, try your hardest to go for a fast walk each day. It really does work wonders. It's so hard to get the motivation when it's a challenge to even get out of bed & get dressed. But once you do it, I promise you will feel calmer. Even if the calm only last's a few hours, its worth it.

I would also look to slowly bring your Lexapro to the morning. 1) So you are feeling the full benefit whilst awake & 2) as it can disturb sleep. Sleep is so important for your body to heal.

If you can, have regular Epson Salt baths. Soak for at least 25 mins in a good amount if salt (I use half a large bag at a time). It's so good for you.

Also, have you tried using a Natural Oil Diffuser in the house? I have one & it's that good, I have bought both my sister's & parents one for Xmas. Oils are great for calming the body. It's what we used before modern medicine.

#212 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:01 AM

15mg Lexapro

#213 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:04 AM

"Also, have you tried using a Natural Oil Diffuser in the house? I have one & it's that good, I have bought both my sister's & parents one for Xmas. Oils are great for calming the body. It's what we used before modern medicine."

Not a bad idea but I would suggest that you read the section on oils in Summary of Cymbalta Withdrawal. There a few that have terrible side effects and the FDA cautions about those. Most are relatively safe and an oil diffuser is safer than applying to the skin or under the nose.

#214 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:29 AM

Thanks Guys.

I took 10mg Lexapro last night and will up this to 15mg, but need advice as to how to do this. 

Not long after I took the 10mg I had the most intense headache, which didn't let me sleep for a while. When I did get off to sleep, I only managed 4 hours and despite not over thinking, I just could not sleep. I could hardly move from the bed though as my head is in so much pain and stuffy.

Given that I really need my sleep, I think it might be a wise idea to move my meds to the 1pm not the 1am. So if that is the case, should I take another 5mg Lexapro now and then go straight to 15mg at 1pm tomorrow?

p.s. Have a oil diffuser and plenty of oil. Just need to blow the dust off it!

#215 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:41 AM

"So if that is the case, should I take another 5mg Lexapro now and then go straight to 15mg at 1pm tomorrow?"

That is what I would do.

#216 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2018 - 09:55 AM

I'm on it!

Will report back later.... attempting first lesson

#217 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2018 - 10:34 AM

Nothing like medicine by trial and error.  :lol:

#218 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:38 AM

So first lesson down. Was OK until at the end my student asked if I could take a quick look at a problem on his PC and the anxiety flared just enough to tip me. This is what I hate. I am permanently on the edge, and something that small can knock me so hard.

NOUSH - thanks for your message this morning. I think you are indeed right about the dosage in the morning after what I experienced. I have ordered some Epson salts online and have a diffuser which is great - used to have a candle-based one, but this one has some gizmo which makes the vapour - not sure exactly how. Which book was it you were talking about - there are a few I can see on Amazon?

Woh - so tired and everything is spinning. 30 minutes before I am due out again. I will relax with a cup of tea and recharge... This is so bloody hard.

Anyone got any ideas if I have reached the peak of withdrawal at nearly 6 weeks?

#219 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2018 - 11:42 AM

Five Kilos should do it for now;

https://smile.amazon...rds=epson salts

#220 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 13 December 2018 - 12:41 PM

"I know I need to give the side effects time, but by all accounts, moving the dose is likely to have similar effects. Sorry to keep asking you, but as you know, there is no other advice I have here in the UK..."

IUN, I wish you could come to Florida and visit my doctor. She's good. 

#221 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2018 - 01:16 PM

The peak in Cymbalta withdrawal varies but usually lasts from the 2nd month to the 8th month after your last dose.

#222 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:19 PM

The peak in Cymbalta withdrawal varies but usually lasts from the 2nd month to the 8th month after your last dose.

Please tell me this is the case for when people taper rather than cross-taper?

I cannot bear to think I have 7 months left... Seriously. This scares me.

#223 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2018 - 04:22 PM

IUN, I wish you could come to Florida and visit my doctor. She's good. 

Kathy - believe me when I say I would fly to Florida to feel better. What exactly does she do for you?

Wish I could find the equivalent here in the UK. Good p-docs are hard to come by and start from £350-£500 ($450-$650 USD) for the first hour.

#224 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:28 PM

Yes, those figures are for after weaning. For cross tapering it seems like it can be 3 or 4 days to 6 to 8 weeks.

#225 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2018 - 05:33 PM

Thank the good Lord for that.

So maybe we can add a potential couple more weeks given the Citalopram/Lexapro mix up, but another 4-6 weeks calms me down a fair bit.

Please don't scare me like that again 'Hat!!! 

#226 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 December 2018 - 06:28 PM

I don't want your blood pressure to get too low IUN.  :lol:

#227 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 December 2018 - 07:01 PM

My current levels of anxiety... and you are worried about my blood pressure?? :D

#228 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 14 December 2018 - 06:42 AM

Kathy - believe me when I say I would fly to Florida to feel better. What exactly does she do for you?

Wish I could find the equivalent here in the UK. Good p-docs are hard to come by and start from £350-£500 ($450-$650 USD) for the first hour.

She listens to me and corrects meds if I don't think they are right. She doesn't push meds. She was with me on my taper and most pdocs aren't. I wanted to go back on Celexa just recently and asked me to try to be med free for a few months to see how I felt. If I need her, call anytime.

My insurance pays $90 a 1/2 hour with me paying an additional $50. I don't know if that rate is because of my insurance or just the rate she charges.

#229 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:33 AM

Sorry to share with the group, but I feel I would be understood better here.

Earlier I had news that a very dear friend of mine, 36, passed away this morning. News of the severity of the illness was kept quiet on her insistence, News known to me was that it was stomach area growth, but again, only this morning. I didn't have time to "deal" with it all not even knowing she was in this state, but I have to respect her wishes.

I just can't describe how I am feeling at the moment. 

#230 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:55 AM

My sympathies. I understand.

#231 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:57 AM

Damn, you would THRIVE in Turkey with the state of TRY.

And my sincere condolences. Try to keep your cool and dissociate from the situation if you must, it’ll help.

#232 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:03 PM

With each drop of my cross taper I had 2-3 days of mild symptoms.

#233 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 December 2018 - 12:23 PM

Thank you Hat, Ozgun. Never rains but it pours sometimes. Asking God for strength and to carry her safely to his side.

Juli - day 2 of just lexapro. Will see how I go from here...

#234 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 14 December 2018 - 10:47 PM

Iun, I am so sorry to hear your sad news.

#235 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 December 2018 - 11:16 PM

Thank you Kathy. Gone 4am over here and can't sleep, but I will lay with some meditative music and relax all the same.

Glad to see you have landed safely! And some cold weather for you - how novel. Change in this respect I am sure will help. 

Sincere congrats on getting through the airport, flight and so forth. You give us all hope with your bravery :)

#236 Noush

Noush

Great Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 01:17 AM

IUN So sorry to hear about your loss. I don't think that there is anything anyone can say to give comfort on in such a situation. I had just stopped taking (cold turkey) Fuoxetine (prozac) due to an adverse reaction when my Nana died. I was with her when she passed & it was so hard to deal with. My auntie & Grandma both passed two years later when I was settled on the Duloxetine & I was able to handle things & grieve in a normal way then.

Have you moved your Lexapro dose to the AM yet? That could cause havoc with your sleep. I hope you managed to get at least a good few solid hours sleep.

#237 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 December 2018 - 09:27 AM

Thank you Noush - I am trying to be supportive for everyone involved and feel bad that I cannot as I can barely cope with my own issues. Grandparents are equally difficult even though they have had a long life. It can be so painful and I am sorry to had to endure that one during the stopping of pills.

I have now been on 15mg Lexapro taken in the morning for 3 days. I slept 2 hours last night, but this was due to my friend's passing, so I hope this will improve in time. It will be a difficult few days ahead... I've been saying that for weeks now! 

#238 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:12 PM

Scrat, I'm so sorry for your friend's death. You were not prepared for this, didn't even saw it coming.

Lately, I've been so wrapped up in my head big time. Sorry that I took so much time before offering you my condolences.

#239 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 December 2018 - 02:56 PM

Hey Gailage - thank you for words, and just bad timing with your time out, which I know you need after this week. 

Yes, very upsetting about the unpreparedness, but as I said earlier, this was her decision and I of course respect that and only want the best for the family. God Bless them all.

Obviously gone a bit downhill in the last 24 hours, but I have to expect this and try to accept.

#240 juli

juli

Good Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 149 posts

Posted 15 December 2018 - 04:28 PM

So sorry IUN.  How difficult to manage this when you are so fragile but you have proved to be quite strong and I am sure that you will make your way through this.   Do try to take care of yourself and focus on getting better though.  I know you will see improvement once the Lexapro starts doing its job.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users