#31 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:23 PM

Thank you, as I am with you. Well, I am textbook perfect -120/80- my pulse is a bit high at a range of 80-90 bpm. I'm 25. I know everything's fine. Part of my brain insists on bad things.

#32 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 November 2018 - 03:35 PM

Part of my brain insists on bad things.

Don't they always!!!

You sound like a perfectly healthy young lass, but unfortunately tormented by your brain. Don't forget that pulse is proportionate to your height, so if you are shorter than average, this can impact - as can medication of course.

Well I am 40, and quite a big chap at 6'4" (around 193cm) so my heart does a fair bit of work :) :)

#33 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 28 November 2018 - 05:27 PM

Well, I am 5'2", so I think that makes sense.

If I don't feel anything such as palpitations, nausea, muscle tightness or anxiety itself, I sometimes think I'm going to die. I think over this past month, my brain pegged these symptoms as the normal. I think I need therapy.

#34 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 November 2018 - 06:43 PM

OK - well a diastolic reading of 80Hg is just within the ideal range, 130 systolic is 10 above the ideal range, but as the 80 is in the higher range, this is clearly unlikely to be an issue of systolic isolated hypertension. If the diastolic reading were lower I would suggest a check for diabetes or thyroid function.

Blood pressure should not increase with heart rate either as the vessels dilate to allow for the extra flow. But it would be interesting to see what readings are at different points during the day. As I said before, mine has moved between 106-122, so this allows for a 15% margin. Therefore, you 130 diastolic, if at its peak, could be as low as 110. But there are far too many factors to categorically state this as fact.

#35 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:17 PM

"Blood pressure should not increase with heart rate either as the vessels dilate to allow for the extra flow."

Actually bp does increase with exercise but you are right about the blood vessels dilating to accommodate the extra flow. That is why a 'real' bp reading is a 2 minute resting bp on the minor side. The minor side is the side opposite your primary hand. For example I am right handed and my bp should always be taken in the left arm. It should always be taken in the same position. For example setting. The arm should also be at heart level. Now how many times do you see your drs nurse actually do that? NONE!!

In addition. many drs use bp to measure the effectiveness of treating anxiety/withdrawal. A bp over 130 systolic is considered too high and the dr may increase the withdrawal treatment meds (ie. hydroxyzine, benzo, etc) or slow down the drop rate if withdrawing. A bp systolic below 100 indicates little anxiety/withdrawal and therefore the dr may increase the drop rate or reduce treatment meds.

#36 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 November 2018 - 07:35 PM

As always - some insights here. I had no idea about the handed side of taking blood pressure, and I have had my arm raised above the heart (when lying down). It all makes sense when you read it because obviously the heart works harder to move the blood against a gravitational force! 

Think what I was trying to say, was that outside of the 15% margin, that blood pressure wouldn't be affected... insomuch that it cannot get to levels that would cause problems when anxiety is experience periodically?

I just didn't want Oz to unnecessarily worry about 130/80 during a period of acute anxiety. Would I be right in saying that?

#37 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 November 2018 - 09:44 AM

You are correct. And the amount of rise from exercising is around 15% typically.

#38 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 November 2018 - 11:58 AM

Thanks. Don't want to be incorrect in my thinking...

#39 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 December 2018 - 10:56 PM

Ozgun. Was really worried about you having just joined us here... and then problems with the forum. Never usually for this length of time.

Hope you are ok - anything to update?

#40 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 December 2018 - 08:58 AM

Thanks for asking, IUN, I'm better. I don't have the depression I had before. It's the 9th day of Z, and I divided my daily dosage into two 25s. I have the brain fog after the meds for 3-4 hours now. Psychiatrist gave me a book to read (Feeling Good - David Burns) and it's been helping so far with the tactics included.

I think it's safe to say I am going to get better, I see no downs.

The only thing in the way now is my health "anxiety", and it has been getting better, also.

Update: Having a panic attack. Or a heart attack, I don't know. Downed the 2nd half and laid down.

#41 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2018 - 10:33 AM

Sounds good. There will be set backs but you will make it.

#42 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

Thanks FishingHat. I know deep down but doesn't seem like it now.

#43 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:49 PM

Hi Ozgun...

Again, I am with you in the health anxiety issues here. Four seizures and a multitude of withdrawal effects. Having had another very scary episode last night and paramedics out again, today has been very very hard. I just can't help thinking when it is next going to strike, which in turn has put anxiety all over the place. But I bought this on myself with a stop-start of a Lexapro taper. I have started again today, so need to be patient.

Be careful with when you take the meds. I am so bad for taking something when things get just too much and forgetting that it can upset things further. Taking pills at set times is all about balance - and it is in balance that we find improvement. So taking a dose early, means another has to be delayed. Either way, it is not good. But I REALLY know how this is. I have taken an early dose in the hopes for relief many times.

#44 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 December 2018 - 04:58 PM

I actually completed my dose for today, I was supposed to take 50. I have a fever now and lots of brain fog, but I kind of like it.

I have to put a stop to the health thing, though. It’s getting tiring and boring.

#45 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:04 PM

Ozgun

Watch out for the serotonin syndrome. Are you taking anything else which effects serotonin levels?

#46 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:16 PM

No, nothing. And I hear you about the serotonin syndrome, never again.

#47 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:26 PM

I like the brain fog as it is such a unique effects of AD's that you can be sure it is withdrawal -  therefore, something that will pass. So if I feel anxious or depressed with brain fog/zaps or similar, I feel confident in telling myself that it is the withdrawal. 

This is why I freaked out last weekend with the Lexapro as the physical symptoms had almost stopped, so I thought all the depression/anxiety was all me and not the withdrawal. But as I have been told - and SHOULD know well enough - this is not the case. Psychological symptoms follow the physical in withdrawal.

p.s. love the avatar!! We need to find one for Hat...

#48 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 05 December 2018 - 05:51 PM

Thanks! It’s always the meds or withdrawal, yes.

My serotonin syndrome days started with a fever similar to this. Should I drop from 50 to 37,5?

#49 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 December 2018 - 06:55 PM

It would be rare of SS to develop on that low a dose of Zoloft but it is possible. It is really hard to say. If it is SS then it will get slowly worse over the next few days as levels of Zoloft build in your system.

#50 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 06 December 2018 - 02:30 AM

I woke up with my heart racing while resting. This is definitely beginning of SS. And I developed SS with 60 mg of Duloxetine, it can happen.

#51 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:49 AM

Go see your dr asap and get it under control. Keep is posted please. Hang in there.

It is interesting to note that the FDA reports that only 0.53% of those that take Zoloft develop serotonin syndrome. That is a very low number and with your history I would say that snri and ssri may be out of the question.

#52 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:51 AM

Today has been treating me better so far. No racing heart, I feel too warm though. I feel like my body is adjusting.

#53 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2018 - 09:55 AM

It is up to you to proceed but be very careful. Keep a close eye on that fever and when in doubt seek medical attention.

#54 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:10 AM

I am. It is going exactly as the previous SS. I spoke with my psychiatrist (on the phone) but he is insisting I use 50. I plan on taking 37,5 tomorrow. Thoughts?

#55 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 December 2018 - 11:43 AM

It is difficult to find the line of SS when the effects can be symptomatic of other MH issues. But that said, a few weeks ago I was sure I had SS on 60mg Duloxetine and 10mg Citalopram. Collectively a dose of around 90mg Duloxetine which is fine, but given my oversensitivity to drugs it had to be a possibility. 

If it were me, I would go with the 37,5.

#56 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 December 2018 - 12:47 PM

Agreed

#57 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:29 PM

Oz, just posting about this guy and I remember one of his videos that I thought might really help you.

Link to his library in my main post.

#58 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 06 December 2018 - 07:21 PM

Thanks, IUN, will watch as soon as I get myself in order.

#59 PrincessNutella

PrincessNutella

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 178 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 07 December 2018 - 11:28 AM

So it turns out I HAVE A FLAT NECK. Darn. Most of the aching, numbness, brain fog is due to that. Let this be a PSA, get check-up's for physicals as well!

I'm doing better with 37,5 mg. No fever thus far, took propranolol for racing heart.

#60 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 07 December 2018 - 01:00 PM

Oz

What is a flat neck? Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users