8 replies to this topic

#1 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 December 2018 - 05:25 PM

For those who have not heard of this great gentleman, I am posting his work. 

David Daish suffered for many years with anxiety and agoraphobia. He found Dr Clare Weekes' work (which I follow to the letter) and cured himself. Unfortunately, David has exchanged time for eternity and thus is no longer with us, but the legacy of his kindness lives on in these videos.

Here's to you David - and thanks for everything you did for us.

https://www.youtube....ockMan58/videos

Here is a sample to get you started;

#2 recovered

recovered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationnew zealand
  • why_joining:
    Same as above.

Posted 08 December 2018 - 02:26 AM

Hi there,

My name is David and I am new to this Forum. David Daish was a client of mine back in 2010. He was also a member and strong supporter of our program which is based on the complete teachings of the late wonderful Dr Hazel Claire Weekes  1903-1990.

He was also a very strong supporter of our Forum posting 1558 times. David is sadly missed by our recovery group. However,

fortunately he has left his own legacy on YouTube. Below is one of his first posts on our Forum. For myself, I have been fully recovered for over 30 years thanks to this wonderful doctors teachings.

Warmest regards to you all.

David.

Thank you all again.

It seems that now I have actually started facing and accepting, my body wants me to do that with ALL my symptoms. Yesterday was a pretty grim day, I woke with a bad headache and things just went downhill after that. I tried doing what I did the other day but just couldn't do it. The pain from the headache was real bad, plus my stomach felt very upset, and I managed through the day to wind myself up into a state of terror. By late afternoon I felt so sick, shaking all the time, heart absolutely pounding - it was like I was in a state of shock!

However, I sat down early evening and kept reminding myself what I had done the other day. I consciously let the symptoms go. My breathing had been totally out of control so slowly I let it get back to normal. It took several hours of this before I began to feel calmer, as I did this the headache gradually eased off. I was still shaking every time I got up and moved, plus I kept getting too hot. But I managed to sleep reasonably well, still feel a bit fragile today but I can see that's down to added sensitisation.

I have had many such days in the past, I have always felt completely at their mercy and dreaded them happening. But I think yesterday was really the first time that I CONSCIOUSLY decided to face and accept. Yes, it did take time, but in the past when I have had this type of day, it has always been a case of just putting up with it until it passed. Yesterday's approach was different, and is yet more proof of the effectiveness of the method.

I once read on an anxiety forum that your body wants a resolution to your fear, it doesn't want to spend the whole time on "red alert", and as David says, it protests when you keep hammering your nervous system. So, it seems to me that when you finally begin to adopt the right attitude, your body gives you the opportunity to face the feelings that you have been avoiding, shying away from so that you can, at last, begin to stop adding so much second fear as you see how well facing and accepting work, and thus you give your nervous system a chance to de-sensitize.

I knew for someone like me who has had all this stuff for so long that it wasn't going to be easy. But I have reached a point where I just want to get my life back, before I get too old! I've spent too many years avoiding. Although I only found David's marvellous work this year, I have spent many years following Claire Weekes' advice.

I have David to thank for the special way he has taken Claire Weekes' principals and added his own valuable and effective insights, creating a program of recovery that is truly unique. Plus of course everyone here for their wisdom and supportive words.

Thank you all.
David.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:37 AM

Thank you for sharing that David.

God Bless

#4 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 December 2018 - 08:45 AM

Ditto.

I have frequently watched David's videos and he clearly has a grasp of Clare Weekes' work.

I have her books but he makes more sense of some of the more practical pats of the recovery. The theory is there for sure in the books and easy enough to understand, but I often still need to be reminded of the ways to implement it.

Do you have any experience on the same method working with depression?

#5 recovered

recovered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationnew zealand
  • why_joining:
    Same as above.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 12:22 AM

Since September 1988 I have been working with sufferers of anxiety and depression etc, face to face from 1988 to 2112 and Internationally 2003 to now. The last client who I saw that had symptoms of depression was in 1996. Since then I have had clients who thought, or were told, they had depression, only to find their symptoms were of nervous fatigue as per Dr Weekes explanation.

The symptoms of nervous fatigue can lift or ease at times whereas depression is a constant state. Certainly sufferers can feel depressed at times with good reason. Our very awareness of how we feel can bring with it a depressed emotional reaction. However, this is not necessarily depression itself. Being new to this Forum, I am not too sure to what extent I am allowed to post.

By the way, the fatigues Dr Weekes writes and talks about are;

mental,

emotional,

physical,

and spiritual.

Regards,

David.

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:14 AM

"Being new to this Forum, I am not too sure to what extent I am allowed to post."

I am probably one of the oldest members of this forum who is still active. We are very open minded about what can be posted as long as it is aimed at helping other members but there has been a history in years past of new members joining to sell goods or services. This is usually frowned on. If that is your goal simply state it directly and then do not push members or try to force members to your products or service. Let them contact you if they are interested. Any opinions or other advice on Cymbalta withdrawal is always welcome.

If other members wish to voice there opinions on this matter I urge them to do so. I do have respect someone coming forward and being honest about it.

#7 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:46 AM

I can see that you are very much an advocate of Dr Weekes' work, and I agree that she did so well in challenging what was the accepted means of tackling mental illness at the time. I also agree that people who suffer depression, will not have feelings of anxiety to accompany it, but a majority of anxiety sufferers, who endure their symptoms for a given length of time, will inevitably find they also suffer depression.. or nervous exhaustion. I can relate to this as my depression stems purely from "when will this end - I am tired of all the anxiety controlling my life". Once the anxiety begins to subside, the depression will follow.

Steering this into a perspective of those on the forum - the case of withdrawal is usually a problem. As you will no doubt be aware that during withdrawal, chemical changes occur in the brain of which we have no control. Almost like a leg is re-broken, to then be set back in place. Almost everyone who withdraws from Cymbalta experiences anxiety. In my case, it has been crippling - jut when i was getting on top of it. 

So the issue we face here is that we are fighting (probably not the word to use in support of Weekes' work) a loosing battle. Her work focuses on our thoughts controlling our feelings towards the symptoms, whereas the withdrawal process changes the structures within the brain, thus thoughts or not, the anxiety is going to be there. This is fine in the short term, but as is often the case, Cymbalta withdrawal can be a long term process, and the lingering anxiety can scar, which is what in my case, it has done. I felt it creep back in as soon as I started to drop, and now almost a month after stopping it is difficult to know what is controlling the anxiety. It is a messy state of affairs.

I don't always condone the course of medication in all circumstances, but where this chemical process occurs regardless of our mental strength to hold up against the symptoms, I feel it can be called for. I am sure Fishing Hat will agree here.

This is something I would have loved to speak to Claire Weekes about.

#8 recovered

recovered

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Locationnew zealand
  • why_joining:
    Same as above.

Posted 09 December 2018 - 08:23 PM

I came across this Forum through "google alerts," and became a member to pass on some background information regarding

David Daish, a past client of mine. Although I am the founder of an international anxiety group and have my own commercial website, it is not my intention to try to sell anything through this important Forum. Two weeks before she passed away, Dr Weekes made it known to her family that one of her last wishes was that her life's work be made available to as many sufferers around the world as possible. I do this work humbly and in gratitude for what this wonderful doctor did for me through her teachings. I am more than happy to make my email address available to any other Forum member, on the understanding that this would be to answer any questions or pass on information that might be of interest. If there is someone on the Forum that can give that authority, I await their response.

Sincerely,

David.

#9 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 December 2018 - 09:28 PM

David,

It is indeed honorable that you pass on the teachings of Claire Weekes, as I also believe her methods should be known to as many as possible, hence my actions in pasting the links here to David Daish's videos, who clearly has a solid grasp of the techniques.  

What I would suggest is that anyone interested contact you through the messaging service as it is not forum practice to share emails and commercial links within posts, but please feel free to assist members in this capacity with our gratitude. And whilst we encourage tips and techniques, again such as David's videos, as Fishing Hat said, this is primarily a Cymbalta Withdrawal Forum and thus need to keep content relevant.

Again, your honesty and your passion for helping those in need of support is appreciated.

IUN

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users