32 replies to this topic

#31 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 January 2019 - 10:38 AM

'Hat has summed up the options here, and on the contrary, a lot of people choose to support the withdrawal with another SSRI. We aware of a certain group elsewhere that are right against this, and we respect this, but we are of the opinion of not causing any more suffering than need be. If it gets to this point, then we do suggest considering one of the above options. Think of it as natural childbirth if you will!! A drug-free birth is great.. sure it is, but boy can I imagine it smarts a bit!

Just in case you weren't aware;

Escitalopram = Lexapro

Celexa = Citalopram

Zoloft = Sertraline

You can also have a look at my most recent thread as I have gone from Cymbalta, to Citalopram and then to Escitalopram. I am VERY sensitive to drugs, so consider my journey a relatively nasty one. I was pushed and pulled all over the place and have gone thru hell - I use that term lightly, but it is fitting here. But things are slowly improving.

https://www.cymbalta...after-last-dose

Keep us updated, Sir. Anything else you would like to ask, please do so - we are all here for you both.

#32 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 4,925 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, never felt good.
    Needed understanding and support, and a place where I was not alone. To read others stories and realizing that I was not the only one going through all that crap.
    In hope that one day, I can return the favors in some kind of way.

Posted 19 January 2019 - 12:51 PM

Hello,

Does your wife still have the hyper sexual behavior? It should have lessened with time.

Zoloft is a good choice, few side effects. Lexapro and prozac also. You'd be surprised by the number of people who returned to another antidepressant. Many need it for !ife. The point is not to be med free, but to live free. You do what needs to be done.

Come back anytime, we're always here for you.

#33 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 1,200 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 19 January 2019 - 03:51 PM

"The point is not to be med free, but to live free."

Great words, m'dear

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users