#151 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 June 2019 - 08:13 AM

OK, the blood results are in. For those who don't remember my white blood cell count took a dip as did my thyroid values when I stated on the aqueous Lion's Mane Mushroom. I stopped taking it, waited 8 weeks and retested. My white blood cell count has not only returned to its previous value but is even a little higher. My thyroid values (TSH, t3 and t4) rebounded but not fully. The dr said that was normal as the thyroid adapts to changes slowly.

So, no more Lion's Mane Mushroom for me. What a shame. It was so effective for the benzo withdrawal.

I have another health issue I am working on right bow so will wait until it is resolved before trying the L-theanine.

#152 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 13 June 2019 - 11:26 AM

Well good news on the wbc front! Love it when a plan comes together...but shame about the Lion's Mane if it was a good treatment for the last of the benzo removal. Theanine would be the logical next step as you said. Will be good to see how you fair with that having had a few members already report on it.

Won't pry as to the other health issue, but sincerely hope that it is resolved quickly.

As you always say... "hang in there"... :)

#153 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 June 2019 - 12:00 PM

Thanks IUN.

#154 Flower

Flower

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 13 June 2019 - 03:07 PM

Fishinghat

please can I ask if your Cymbalta withdrawal story is on here? if so where can I find it?

I have just read this thread with massive admiration.. you are one very special man

Flower

#155 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:23 PM

This thread covers most but simply put I use water titration and go slow enough to not have withdrawal symptoms. I have done this now on 3 different occasions (this is the 4th) and have no issues, It does take a couple three years in most cases. If you have any questions I would be glad to answer them. If I can find my earlier post on water titration I will post a link here later.

#156 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 13 June 2019 - 04:29 PM

https://www.cymbalta...ge-4#entry82110

There is also other info on that thread as well.

#157 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 June 2019 - 02:58 PM

Well gang it is about time to try and increase my lorazepam weaning speed using L-theanine. I will be making my next batch of lorazepam Friday and I will drop just a notch further. Any symptoms that arrive, I will try and control with the L-theanine. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

#158 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:10 PM

You are dropping before a trial run of the l-theanine?

And I assume you are going for the suntheanine?

#159 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 June 2019 - 05:31 PM

I will be weaning a little faster and if symptoms develop I will try and handle them with the L-theanine. Yes, definitely Suntheanine.

#160 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 June 2019 - 06:16 PM

So, are you going to be taking the Suntheanine on an as needed basis, or continually?

As you know well, there is evidence for both methods of taking them and from what I have seen, it is largely subjective insomuch that some people can get relief comparable to a benzo - a there and then relief - whilst other need to build up a store of n days which will then provide the proverbial barrier against the anxiety.

So if you fall into the latter category this will obviously be a problem in controlling any anxiety symptoms that come up...

#161 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 June 2019 - 08:26 AM

At this point I am taking it as needed. We will see how it goes.

#162 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:40 AM

So, are you going to be taking the Suntheanine on an as needed basis, or continually?

As you know well, there is evidence for both methods of taking them and from what I have seen, it is largely subjective insomuch that some people can get relief comparable to a benzo - a there and then relief - whilst other need to build up a store of n days which will then provide the proverbial barrier against the anxiety.

So if you fall into the latter category this will obviously be a problem in controlling any anxiety symptoms that come up...

Scrat, been reading this five times, can you say it in another way please. Why would there be a problem for Dr Hat? Thanks for your patience. Love.

#163 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:11 PM

Just concerned that he will start a faster taper before establishing whether he has the meds to help if tings get too much - but he knows what he is doing!!

#164 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 June 2019 - 12:25 PM

Not to worry, am increase in wean rate is only 0.1%. Real small.

#165 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:42 PM

Well gang I increased the rate of my lorazepam withdrawal a few days ago and as symptoms started to creep in I tried my L-Theanine. I tried 50 mg twice, 100 mg twice and 200 mg twice. I have detected no noticeable effect on the withdrawal symptoms but a strong 8 pt drop in blood pressure though. No positive effects though. The L-theanine is ruled out.

#166 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 July 2019 - 03:55 PM

Remember what I said though Hat... some have reported a necessity for a "build-up". I don't know how much truth there is in that - you will have a better idea if this is the sort of stuff that can "build-up". But just throwing it out there...

But then again, it did very little, if much at all for me and the wife, so plausible all the same.

#167 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 July 2019 - 04:31 PM

Good point. I will stay with it 3 more days. Thanks.

#168 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 July 2019 - 05:07 PM

Nothing to loose my friend... keep us posted!

#169 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 July 2019 - 10:23 AM

Well, been on 100 mg of Suntheanine 4 times a day now for 7 days and do not notice any effect at all. Oh well. Life goes on.

#170 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 08 July 2019 - 02:44 PM

Are you trying something new?

#171 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:42 PM

I have been taking Suntheanine for around 2 weeks now to see if I can withdraw from the lorazepam faster. No luck. Back to a slow pace. Disappointing but n o big deal.

#172 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 July 2019 - 03:45 PM

Worth a shot - and at a 400mg divided dose that should have done something if it was going to.

As you say, disappointing but no big deal. Move on...

#173 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:35 AM

Well about the first week of February I found a lump and swollen area on the left side of my neck. One of the health conditions I have carries a increased risk of Lymphoma so I was anxious to find out what was going on. Two dr visits and an ultrasound and a catscan later it turned out to be a "prominence of transverse process of C2 with mass effect." In other words one of the boney area that naturally sticks out from my vertebrae has enlarged due to calcium build up (this happens in old age a lot) and that enlarged bone has simply pushed the side of my neck out. No symptoms at his time and the dr said that if it got any bigger it would be very slow and should not cause any issues.

Of course I put my lorazepam withdrawal on hold during this time so now I am back at that. Every time one of these "events" happens I pause my lorazepam withdrawal and then restart later. It really slow me down but life moves on.

#174 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2020 - 02:16 PM

Good grief - that is more stress than you want. But you shouldn't worry to let us know so we can appropriate our prayers for you over there!

Glad that it turned out to be a calcium deposit rather than anything more concerning. I am always looking at my nails for deposits as I understand this can signify a deficiency when the white spots appear too frequently - not sure how much truth is in that though.

Life does indeed move on and you can now pick up from where you left off... Keep on going... as a wise man once said..

time and patience :D

#175 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2021 - 03:34 PM

Well it has been awhile but I thought it was time for an update.

Finally got off the last of the 5 meds that did not work that they gave me for my Cymbalta withdrawal (it has taken 8 years but it went smoothly. The only thing left to come off of is the Zoloft. I think I will take my time and wait until fall so I can relax, enjoy the summer and spend some quality time with my life. Looking at a 3 year wean from the Zoloft. 

Feeling quite good lately and looking forward to enjoyimg that. Hang in there everyone.

#176 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2021 - 06:19 PM

Good man... you've done well. Amazing to think you are now on that very last med. 

Despite my plans for my own Citalopram withdrawal, I agree that having the summer after all that has gone on is a good idea. Get some quality time in the bank and start from a position of strength and hope.

Really happy to hear you are feeling well, and thanks for the update.

#177 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2021 - 07:07 PM

Well it has been awhile but I thought it was time for an update.

Finally got off the last of the 5 meds that did not work that they gave me for my Cymbalta withdrawal (it has taken 8 years but it went smoothly. The only thing left to come off of is the Zoloft. I think I will take my time and wait until fall so I can relax, enjoy the summer and spend some quality time with my life. Looking at a 3 year wean from the Zoloft. 

Feeling quite good lately and looking forward to enjoyimg that. Hang in there everyone.

I'm so happy to hear this, Hat! Will you be on any "mind altering" drugs once you are off Zoloft?

#178 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 April 2021 - 07:10 AM

Kathy, I will have clonidine and hydroxyzine as needed as well as a low dose buspar. I can live with that.

#179 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 April 2021 - 09:59 AM

Thanks Hat! I'm not being intrusive, I'm just wondering what I could go back on for depression / anxiety if needed. I respect your opinion and research!

#180 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 April 2021 - 04:15 PM

Just to let you know Kathy, clonidine and hydroxyzine have little effect on depression. The buspar helps it somewhat.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users