'nuff said...!

#122 kmrekl217

kmrekl217

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:14 PM

If you want to consider that Kmrek I would recommend Zoloft, Lexapro or Prozac. The problem is that it takes 4 to 8 weeks for one to kick in so the dr has to take a wild guess on how much to start with and hope it isn't overkill.

Isn't Prozac also a nightmare to get off? I thought I heard that somewhere.

I sure hate the idea of needing meds my whole life and playing this guessing game of what will work :(

#123 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,129 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 July 2019 - 12:33 PM

Prozac has the longest half life of all the ssri/snri and is generally considered the easiest to wean off of. You may be thinking of Paxil which can be a monster to withdraw from.

#124 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 2,850 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 July 2019 - 03:18 PM

Everyone will have their own tale to tell. If someone has only ever been on Prozac and came off too soon, then that would be a nightmare, but as Hat said, it is generally considered easier... providing the withdrawal is undertaken sensibly of course.

I wish I had an answer for you regarding the AD's. I am not even giving myself that choice at the moment. Any change of dose/drug and I will go back... even further than I am. It sure is tough, but we're all here with you....

#125 kmrekl217

kmrekl217

Advanced Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted Yesterday, 07:48 PM

Been a decent couple days. Manageable brain whooshes. Anxiety better with some stretching and exercising in the morning. My heart still beats very fast most of the time, and I wake up feeling like there's an elephant on my chest trying to suffocate me. But the anxiety hasn't been too crippling. 

#126 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 5,520 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted Yesterday, 10:14 PM

Have you thought of having your elephant checked. It could be something else.
So glad that the anxiety is down.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users