Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#481 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 08:18 AM

Just an update. I'm still feeling pretty good mentally and physically overall. However, still dealing with some bad fatigue which might be a combination of WD and having a baby. Also, I've noticed my skin issues have come back - really dry and red flaky skin. Sometimes I worry it's not WD but other health issues but my anxiety has improved quite a lot from the bad days. 

#482 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 September 2019 - 03:09 PM

These things can come in waves and often there is no rhyme nor reason for them at all. The idea is not to worry about it (as possible as that may be!) and reduce all manner of stress levels as these will contribute to the severity of the conditions...

#483 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:03 PM

Thanks IUN. My acid reflux is also bad these days. The last couple days I'd say is among the worst fatigue I've ever had in wd. I was so close to falling asleep while driving today... last time I drive while I feel like this! As bad as it is, I'm hopeful that I can have more weeks like last week again.

#484 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 September 2019 - 04:42 PM

This is exactly my thoughts. Had three good weeks and this week just gone, it all went to pieces. Seizures came back and I nearly had one whilst driving! It worries me to have one where there is no-one around to help... fortunately that has never happened.

#485 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:22 AM

Hey IUN mind if I ask why you're getting seizures?

Is it ok to take ppi's in withdrawal? My acid reflux is terrible right now. I'm also quite worried about this fatigue. Even after a good night of rest I am so tired. This is def the worst it's been. I can barely keep my eyes open for half the day. Is that normal?

#486 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 September 2019 - 08:39 AM

Seizures are a fairly common occurrence during withdrawal.

The best ppi to take during withdrawal is Zantac. It not only fights acid reflux but also helps fight anxiety. Do NOT take omeprazole as it can effect the absorption of many meds.

#487 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 September 2019 - 09:21 AM

My seizures are a reaction to severe stress. They are called pseudo non-epileptic seizures (or PNES). They fist occurred during my Cymbalta withdrawal and up until this week, I thought I saw the back of them as I hadn't had one in around 4 months. Never had them before the Cymbalta - just like I never had myclonic jerks before Cymbalta. I sincerely hope they go away with time... however long that may be...

Ditto on the Omeprazole. I was given this in hospital along with my prescription drugs... they didn't know about the interaction and my phone had run out of charge so I couldn't look it up.

#488 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 September 2019 - 10:59 AM

I know you guys don't really have experience with benzos but I had a chicken dish last night that had soy sauce in it. I felt weird afterward and saw that the soy sauce had alcohol in it. They say it's only about 2% and it's not like I was drinking the stuff but I feel like it has set me back like previous times my food has been laced with alcohol. Am I being crazy? Maybe it's all in my head. Benzos are the worst because you have to be super careful with this stuff. If so, do you think I'll be setback for several months like the last time I had alcohol?

Anyway, I'm really sorry to hear that IUN. I didn't know people got seizures outside of acute withdrawal. I only had that one seizure when I tried to cold turkey my benzos nearly 3 years ago. I hope you're doing better. Please take it easy. 

#489 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 September 2019 - 11:08 AM

No surprise Lyla. Alcohol has caused setbacks in many members albeit larger doses. lol Benzos are no different as alcohol is a central nervous system depressant and would confound the effects of a benzo. It should pass in a few days to a week. Personally I have had a lot of experience with benzos but luckily have had no experience with alcohol. lol

#490 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 September 2019 - 03:16 PM

It is simply not worth it. It is the same as driving. Don't even sniff alcohol if you are driving. Same with the withdrawal. Give it a wide berth.

I am much like Hat in that I do not drink alcohol, but I did have a few sips of the wife's red wine one evening during withdrawal, and that was enough to write the next couple of days off.

My seizures are horrible. I had two last week and I am now dealing with the fear it leaves me with. I am so scared about having one in front of someone outside my family, or worse yet, when I am on my own and no-one can help. All courtesy of the Cymbalta.

#491 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:26 AM

I can't drink alcohol anymore anyway due to my severe acid reflux from my hiatal hernia. Also, I would never deliberately chance it after the insane WD setbacks from alcohol I've had in the past. Would the PPI still effect the meds even if I take them 12 hours apart? I thought it was only if you take them within 2 or 3 hours of the med. I'm definitely against taking all meds and most supplements because they usually cause worse problems but my reflux is so terrible right now. 

IUN, I really hope they stop for you soon. I had no idea. I thought your WD syndrome was more stable at the moment. 

#492 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 September 2019 - 08:59 AM

Even at 12 hours apart there would still be a little effect but that would help minimize it. Remember that Zantac (a ppi) can be taken with antidepressants with no worries about effecting absorption.

#493 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 September 2019 - 09:28 AM

Thank you Lyla. What I have is a sort of PTSD following too many changes in meds/doses. I have been on Citalopram and a steady dose of 30mg for a little over 4 months now, but it will take time for things to settle after so many changes in my system. I recently had a string of 18 "normal" days which is a good sign, but the longer periods tend to make the lapses that much harder as you probably well know! 

#494 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 08:53 AM

K I'll try Zantac first but it's not as helpful as Pantaloc. I've been back to taking Gaviscon tablets the last couple days. On the bottle it says to wait 2 hours around other meds which I've been doing but now I'm feeling weird nevertheless. Maybe after the 2 hour time it still has an effect?

Are you guys certain that Zantac won't affect my wd syndrome or lessen the cymbalta? I just started feeling somewhat myself again. I dont want to mess with that.

Thank you

#495 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 September 2019 - 09:40 AM

Long-term use of pantoprazole

Osteoporosis and bone fracture have been observed in people on high-dose and/or long term (over 1 year) prescription proton pump inhibitors.[14]

Hypomagnesia has been observed in people on medications like pantoprazole when taken for longer periods of time (generally 1 year or more, although cases have been reported with regimens as short as 3 months).[15]               Wiki

Note - low magnesium levels can contribute significantly to withdrawal symptoms. The Gaviscon contains magnesium carbonate and therefore should minimize the risk of low magnesium.

Pantoprazole is metabolized in the liver by the cytochrome P450 system.[17] Metabolism mainly consists of demethylation by CYP2C19 followed by sulfation. Another metabolic pathway is oxidation by CYP3A4.

Duloxetine undergoes predominately hepatic metabolism via two cytochrome P450 isozymes, CYP2D6 and CYP1A2.

As you can see the processing by the liver is for separate CYP pathways so they will not effect each other. The good news is they are compatible and may be used together. Zantac is compatible as well but if the Pantaloc works there is no reason to change.

#496 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 02:25 PM

Thank you FH that's very good info.

IUN are you staying at your current dose or are you still tapering?

#497 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:00 PM

Thank you FH that's very good info. Do you think the warning on the labels of antacids are accurate saying to wait 2 hours taking other meds?

IUN are you staying at your current dose or are you still tapering?

#498 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:21 PM

Yes, the two hour warning applies to all magnesium products.

#499 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 September 2019 - 04:48 PM

So if I take it 2 hours after my med I should be ok? How bad did this mess you up IUN?

#500 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 September 2019 - 05:10 PM

I would say 2 hours minimum.

I am still at my same dose and whilst I was having a very good stretch of days, last week I took a nose dive so I'm staying put for now. I had issues with iron supplements before which seriously messed up the absorption of meds. Never nice learning the hard way. There is a whole load of posts on it somewhere - think it was March time... but Hat helped me through that. Dear ol' Hat.

#501 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 September 2019 - 11:07 AM

Lately for me it's been all about the fatigue. I feel decent otherwise but I'm so tired most days that I need to nap a couple times and I'm not a napper. My acid reflux is more of a nuisance but the fatigue is the worst.

#502 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 September 2019 - 12:29 PM

I fought the fatigue for a long time. It is a function of Respiratory Acidosis. Breathing exercises helped but not enough. One good thing about it. Rest increases the output of BDNF which increases the healing rate of the synapses.

More information at...
https://www.cymbalta...atory-acidosis/

#503 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 September 2019 - 08:47 PM

As bad as my acid reflux is, I think the Zantac is throwing me into a horrific wave. People on the benzo board seem to think it's bad news but I'm not sure why that is. Dont they work on histamine? Apparently is causes fatigue and drowsiness for some people. My night vision and cognitive function has also been really off since I started taking it.

#504 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2019 - 04:43 AM

Arent I lucky? I started taking it the day this came out and just saw it now. As if I didnt have enough health anxiety lol

https://www.google.c...arcinogen-probe

#505 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 September 2019 - 08:46 AM

Are you taking a generic version with n-Nitrosodimethylamine?

Don't be too alarmed until you have checked the ingredients!!

#506 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 September 2019 - 09:20 AM

IUN, NDMA is a carcinogenic contaminant in the Zantac (potentially).

Lyla, So far the FDA has only found this contaminant in two brands from India. You might check the manufacturer of your brand. One should always be concerned about pharmaceuticals from India as they do not have the equivalent of an FDA over there and quality control is left up to the distributors who market their products.

Zantac (Ranitidine) is a histamine H2 receptor antagonist which means it blocks those receptors and leads to less acid being produced in the stomach.

Medical uses
Relief of heartburn
Short-term and maintenance therapy of gastric and duodenal ulcers
Ranitidine can also be given with NSAIDs to reduce the risk of ulceration. Proton-pump inhibitors (PPIs) are more effective for the prevention of NSAID-induced ulcers.[9]
Pathologic gastrointestinal (GI) hypersecretory conditions such as Zollinger–Ellison syndrome
Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD)
Erosive esophagitis
Part of a multidrug regimen for Helicobacter pylori eradication to reduce the risk of duodenal ulcer recurrence
Recurrent postoperative ulcer
Upper GI bleeding
Prevention of acid-aspiration pneumonitis during surgery: ranitidine can be administered preoperatively to reduce the risk of aspiration pneumonia. The drug increases gastric pH, but generally has no effect on gastric volume. In a 2009 meta-analysis comparing the net benefit of proton pump inhibitors and ranitidine to reduce the risk of aspiration before anesthesia, ranitidine was found to be more effective than proton pump inhibitors in reducing the volume of gastric secretions.[10] Ranitidine may have an antiemetic effect when administered preoperatively.
Prevention of stress-induced ulcers in critically ill patients[11]

Wiki

The FDA websites report that 6.8% of those taking Zantac report fatigue as a side effect and 1.855 reported drowsiness. If you are having these additional effects you might want to switch to something else.

#507 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 September 2019 - 10:17 AM

Zantac (Ranitidine) is a histamine H2 receptor antagonist which means it blocks those receptors and leads to less acid being reduced in the stomach.

Small error just spotted Hat - think you mean produced not reduced.

#508 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

Ooops, good catch IUN. I have edited my post.

#509 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 September 2019 - 12:37 PM

According to the pharmacy that found the ndma in ranitidine products, they've been petitioning the FDA to take it off the shelves completely. They've found "extremely high amounts" across all ranitidine products in all batches from all manufacturers. This isn't a case of tainted batches but rather inherent to the drug itself and has likely produced significant ndma since the beginning. The FDA is completely corrupt and has been keeping this information hidden from the public. I'm just hoping that my short-term use of only a week doesn't cause problems but ndma is extremely toxic and carcinogenic according to what I've read :(

https://www.fierceph...s-says-pharmacy

#510 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 September 2019 - 02:28 PM

Be careful about info from fiercepharmacy, not saying they are not right about this though. Fiercepharmacy is owned by Questex a marketing/consulting firm They are one of the companies you would hire to try and post dirt on your competitors or post fake company reviews. I am going to do some digging and maybe a couple phone calls this evening to see what I can dig up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users