Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#811 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:21 PM

So back to not feeling very good this evening. Not sure if it's because of lack of sleep or the antihistamine but feeling jittery again! Ugh

#812 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 January 2020 - 06:41 PM

Thank you for the kind words Lyla. Always glad to help any way I can.

Do you think the increase in the jitteriness is the antihistamine wearing off.

In most cases antihistamines help BUT there are 4 different histamine receptors in the body and only 2 are linked to anxiety/withdrawal. So most help anxiety, a few have no effect and a very few are actually also stimulants but that is very rare.

Any timne you see an otc drug that says non-drowsey, use caution. It usually contains a stimulant anf that is not good during withdrawal.

#813 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 January 2020 - 07:37 PM

Thanks for your kind words earlier Lyla... very nice for you to say.

CBD is exactly as you say - some swear by it, others it does nothing, but it is very different from the part of the plant that is smoked. The biggest difference is the Tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) count, which is the part that is addictive, of which is only found in very small traces in the oil - which is the female to the mail that is the "weed". Therefore, addiction is not really an issue with CBD oil.

#814 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 16 January 2020 - 08:51 PM

FH I took another antihistamine tonight and it didnt work again like I had hoped. In fact, I felt no different this time. Feeling jittery still. Hoping if I can sleep well then I'll be better tomorrow.

Thanks IUN. I'm going to start on CBD again and see how it goes. I'm feeling like I'm in a bad place right now. Wish I could get back to where I was before gastro.

#815 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 January 2020 - 09:53 PM

Just make sure the CBD is certified by a third party - so many people making a quick buck out of interior stuff...

#816 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:20 AM

Feeling extra tired and groggy today. Guess I over did it by taking another antihistamine. On the plus side, I slept great last night. I've been thinking - if we get setback by drugs that increase our serotonin then wouldnt it be the same for food? Turkey, eggs etc. Should we avoid them as to not go out of balance. I almost feel like I did last year when I updosed.

#817 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:47 AM

"if we get setback by drugs that increase our serotonin then wouldnt it be the same for food? Turkey, eggs etc. Should we avoid them as to not go out of balance. I almost feel like I did last year when I updosed."

There have been many studies that show taking tryptophan in the form 0of food such as chicken the body will only absorb what is needed and no more. However taking it as a supplement the body simply absorbs a certain percentage of it whether it is needed or not. A lot of theories as to why but bottom line is they really don't know for sure.

#818 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 January 2020 - 06:42 PM

"if we get setback by drugs that increase our serotonin then wouldnt it be the same for food? Turkey, eggs etc. Should we avoid them as to not go out of balance. I almost feel like I did last year when I updosed."

There have been many studies that show taking tryptophan in the form 0of food such as chicken the body will only absorb what is needed and no more. However taking it as a supplement the body simply absorbs a certain percentage of it whether it is needed or not. A lot of theories as to why but bottom line is they really don't know for sure.

Absolutely spot on with everything I have read. We (Hat and I) have had this conversation with many a member about how supplements override the absorption process that food takes.

Has anyone ever successfully typed "absorption" correctly first time :D LOL

#819 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:06 PM

Speaking of that...

ab·sorp·tion
noun
1.the process or action by which one thing absorbs or is absorbed by another:
"shock absorption"

absorption [ab-sorp´shun]
1. the act of taking up or in by specific chemical or molecular action; especially the passage of liquids or other substances through a surface of the body into body fluids and tissues, as in the absorption of the end products of digestion into the villi that line the intestine.

#820 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 January 2020 - 08:23 PM

How interesting. It's amazing how our bodies work! Thanks for the research guys.

On a completely separate note, I have a dilemma. My acid reflux is bothering my pharynx/larynx and causing ear pain. Being super strict with my diet seems to help with the pain but it doesnt cure it. The only thing that puts it into remission are ppi's. Do you have any suggestions?

#821 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 January 2020 - 10:13 PM

ear pain?! New one on me....

The issue with absorption is the consonant mutation from the /b/ to the /p/ from the stem absorB. Stupid English... STUPID!

#822 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:41 AM

Ya ear pain is part of LPR. Not very common but when acid hits your larynx/pharynx it causes referred pain to your ears. The only thing that worked for me before were ppi's but that's off the table now.

#823 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 January 2020 - 09:54 AM

FYI

The eustachian tube runs from the nasopharynx area at the top of the throat to the ears. Suring swallowing, yawning and drinking it tends to open up and let air in from the throat. The acid in the stomach, hydrochloric acid, is volatile and evaporates easily. During periods of heartburn and acid reflux hydrochloric acid fumes are pulled into the eustachian tube which causes inflammation and earaches.

#824 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 January 2020 - 01:10 PM

Just posted a new topic under the Medical Support section called "Gut, Probiotics and PPIs"

I thought you might find it interesting.

#825 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:10 PM

Makes sense. Thanks FH I'll read it over.

On ANOTHER note yet again. Forgive me for my craziness but I took a ride today in my friends car and his car smelled of gas. It was an old piece of crap!! Anyway, wondering if the ethanol (alcohol) from breathing in the fumes could set me back? I'm feeling woozy! Maybe I'm just super crazy paranoid.

#826 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 January 2020 - 03:16 PM

If is was gas then it might depending how bad the fumes are and how long you were riding in the car. Gasoline can sure make you dizzy.

Could it have been exhaust fumes? They are common in old cars. They not only can make you dizzy but also give you headaches.

#827 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:00 PM

What about the inhalation of alcohol from the gas? Would that affect my blood alcohol level? Worried about the benzo wd.

#828 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 January 2020 - 04:26 PM

Actually the alcohol from unleaded gas is less that 10% unless you buy E85. In addition all components of gasoline fall under the criteria of central nervous system depressants not just the alcohol. Not good for any withdrawal of any kind.

#829 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 January 2020 - 05:43 PM

Sure E85 is illegal on the road? It's race gas. I use methanol mix in my car however. Seems to be fine when it goes through the yearly check.

Interesting read on the ear stuff there. I have had this issue with my ears for years whereby if I drive down or up and slight incline in the car, or even if I walk down a hill with a suitable incline, I will need to "pop" my ears by swallowing. I am quite sure this is the eustation tube causing it, but everyone I was referred to was baffled, so I am living with it. Hardly notice it now, but as it was bought up....

#830 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:17 PM

E85 is legal in the USA.

#831 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 January 2020 - 06:32 PM

And I was wrong. There are some forecourts that are selling E85 for biofuel cars here in the UK. It is just taking a while to catch on...

#832 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 January 2020 - 10:31 PM

IUN LPR is less common than just standard GERD. I'm very interested as to why it only ever affects my right ear though. My reflux also causes a lot of inflammation in my sinuses.

#833 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:54 AM

Hi All

Sorry I've been quiet on here for a few days - am away with friends by the coast.

Lyla - really interesting what you are saying about GERD. My sinuses feel constantly congested and my right ear has been blocked for weeks and I'm sure this is what has been giving me asthma symptoms for a while. The house we are staying in has recently been painted and I have been feeling more congested but we went for a long walk yesterday and my breathing felt much better than it has in a long time. I am convinced I have a Candida overgrowth in my Oesophagus (as I've had it before). That can make you feel congested, affect breathing, cause anxiety etc. Yesterday I took a herbal supplement yesterday I've used before which contains Cinnamon, Oregano, Garlic, Capriylic acid and a couple of other ingredients and I have started to feel a bit better. You also have to cut out all sugars, including alcohol, which I know you do anyway Lyla. This starves the Candida which kills it off. Just a thought.

Hope you're all having a good weekend.

Polly

#834 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 January 2020 - 10:47 AM

Lyla - this is interesting as I also have a lot of sinus-related issues. I just figured it was all part of my deviated septum. Might look further into this to see if there are potential remedies.

Pol - Good to hear from you, and glad you managed your getaway. This overgrowth is a potential and this is why the scan was needed asap. 

I have not moved from my bed at all today. Sort of a mini-burnout going on this end. Surprised I lasted this long and it is my own fault, but I don't like to turn work away when it is presented to me... especially when you are self employed. Hopefully I will nip it in the bud by being lazy today before ti gets too much... Still have lots to learn despite being in recovery...

#835 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:29 PM

IUN and Polly... this all goes back to our gut health. That's my guess anyway. My sinuses have been inflamed for a long time, even long before the withdrawal syndromes. The acid can go all the way up and inflame your sinuses apparently. So I wonder if we avoid sugar, stress etc for a while, if that would send it into remission. I'm tired of dealing with it. 

On a side note, how did the antihistamine work for you Polly? I didn't feel great the next day but I've been alright the last couple of days minus baby exhaustion. 

#836 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 03:44 PM

Hi Lyla

You are definitely right about it being our gut health. I took the antihistamine for the first time today and I don't think it has done anything unfortunately 😭. I really don't like using the inhaler as I don't think it helps the Candida in my gut but I have felt quite breathless today so have used it a bit more.

8 weeks off for me tomorrow- this has got to ease soon surely? Please God!

Polly

#837 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:02 PM

Polly I forget, are you completely off Cymbalta? 

It can take some time but don't be discouraged. It does go away eventually. 

#838 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 January 2020 - 04:48 PM

Yes I've been off it 8 weeks Lyla. Do you mean that the breathlessness will go away?

Thanks.

Polly

#839 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 January 2020 - 05:48 PM

When you said "8 weeks off" for me tomorrow, there was me thinking "lucky sausage - no work for 2 months - how did she manage that?!"

Duh... wake up IUN :)

My head is in the little fluffy clouds....

#840 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 January 2020 - 08:40 PM

Polly the breathlessness I'm assuming is due to the acid reflux. "Air hunger" is a fairly common symptom of psychotropic drug withdrawal. Everything eventually goes away if you follow the rules of withdrawal. No alcohol, no caffeine, no supplements or short cuts, very little sugar and carbs, good sleep, light exercise etc. Carbs are better tolerated later in the day as to not spike your blood sugar.

My ears and throat are killing me tonight. I'm not sure what I ate or did. I went for a quick run. I also had some gluten free bread with pumpkin seed butter. Not sure what set me off.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users