Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#1081 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:31 PM

I'm going to stop the ppi starting today. I just cant take it anymore. I'm in a severe wave right now - the kind of wave I felt last year when I was out of my mind. My anxiety is through the roof, akithisia, heart pounding etc. I woke up this morning feeling like my heart beat was shaking the bed. I only feel like that when I'm in an acute like stage of withdrawal. Unfortunately the ppi experiment failed, although not surprised but still disappointed. It does affect absorption, although it seems to be at a smaller rate than the other ppi. The other one was like missing 3 doses in a row and this one is like reducing your dose by 20%. It will catch up with you. I'd rather get throat cancer than descend into full blown withdrawal hell again.

#1082 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 February 2020 - 12:33 PM

I am so sorry Lyla. I was hopeful that that med mught work. I don't know where to turn next.

#1083 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 16 February 2020 - 02:07 PM

Maybe surgery to fix my hiatal hernia. If it kills me then so be it! Another option is to get off the cymbalta altogether and just deal with the consequences. Can you offer any recommendations to get off this poison quickly?

#1084 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

Sorry to hear of everything that you are going through Lyla. I have just caught up the last couple of days worth of posts. As you say, there is so much going on with you that it is difficult to see where it all comes from. 

I remember talking to doctors about hh surgery a I simply couldn't face the prospect of going on pills for the rest of my life - and at that time, adding more pills to the existing mix of benzo and citalopram. The more I am taking, the more chances there are for things to go wrong as I see it.

The surgery is risky, and is considered a last resort if it is really ruining your life. 

#1085 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 16 February 2020 - 09:27 PM

IUN why do you think its risky? It seems quite safe from what I've seen.

#1086 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:34 AM

Lyla, I also have the same question. Hiatal hernia surgery, why is it risky. I had it, no problemo! Scrat, are you there?

#1087 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:46 AM

I'll talk to my gastro about it again.

#1088 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:54 AM

I feel almost worse than ever. Not only did the ppi bring back withdrawal symptoms 10 fold but now my rebound reflux is terrible. I'm so miserable. I was just desperate and knew that other meds and supplements always set us back. 3 years and no further ahead from these setbacks. The more you kindle, the worse it gets. I feel like that was my last straw. I wouldnt even care if surgery killed me if it wasnt for my daughter. Of course, I was just starting to feel great again withdrawal symptom wise.

#1089 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:58 AM

"It is estimated that laparoscopic repair carries a mortality rate of just 0.57 percent, and open surgery carries a mortality rate of 1.0 to 2.7 percent."

That's enough to scare me!!

#1090 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:02 AM

Difficulty Burping or Vomiting
Hiatal hernia surgery can cause burping or vomiting complications in patients. Affected patients can experience difficulty or an inability to burp or vomit after undergoing this surgical procedure, Dr. J. Scott Roth with the University of Kentucky warns. Consequently, patients can feel unusually bloated after eating. Typically, these complications of hiatal hernia gradually subside as a patient begins to heal from hiatal hernia surgery; however, in certain patients, these complications can be chronic.

Painful Swallowing
Painful swallowing, a complication of hiatal hernia surgery called dysphagia, can occur in certain patients. Patients who experience pain during swallowing may also develop a decrease in appetite due to this surgical complication. Swallowing difficulties are generally temporary and begin to resolve within the first three months following hiatal hernia surgery.

Pneumothorax
Pneumothorax is a complication of hiatal hernia surgery that causes excess air to accumulate around the lungs. Affected patients can experience symptoms that include chest tightness or pain; increased heart rate; fatigue; difficulty breathing; or skin discoloration. Depending upon the severity of pneumothorax symptoms, affected patients may require additional surgical intervention to resolve this complication of hiatal hernia surgery. (This usually occurs when the surgery enters through the chest wall and not when done with laparoscopic surgery)

Internal Organ Damage
Internal organ damage or injury is a potential complication of hiatal hernia surgery, John Muir Health explains. Patients who experience internal organ injury can develop nausea, diarrhea or constipation. Severe internal organ damage is rare, but may necessitate additional surgery to locate and repair the injury.

Infection or Bleeding
Infection or bleeding complications can arise in certain patients following hiatal hernia surgery. Affected patients may develop chills or a fever that exceeds 101 degrees F, the University of California Los Angeles Health System warns 1. Additional complications from infection can include incision site redness, inflammation or drainage. Patients who experience these complications of hiatal hernia surgery should seek immediate care from a doctor.

#1091 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:21 AM

Ok so potentially die from surgery or die from throat cancer. I think I'd rather take surgery. Can someone die if they cold turkey duloxetine? I might just do a fast taper and get off this shit once and for all and deal with the consequences. The fucking stomach flu is all it took to end this for me.

#1092 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 10:24 AM

The first half of the days are way worse now. I'm getting some slight windows as the days go on. I never should have taken that ppi. Even my reflux symptoms were better before I took it. I've never been so depressed in my entire life. I just want to end it. Theres no more hope.

#1093 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 February 2020 - 01:09 PM

The only people I know of that have died from coming off of Cymbalta are a few that have cold turkey off of high doses (50 to 120 mg) and they committed suicide.

#1094 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:12 PM

One thing I've noticed the last couple days is that I feel somewhat better after my dose of duloxetine. Both times about half an hour or so after my dose I feel some relief. I thought yesterday was coincidence but it happened again today. Still feel awful and this has been my worst day.

I did get some satisfaction of throwing the remaining lansoprazole in the garbage! Hopefully this setback wont last for months or years. By the feel of it, it seems like 4 or 5 month setback minimum.

#1095 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:59 PM

That is another sign that the ppi is interfering with Cymbalta absorption.  That is terrible. So sorry Lyla.

#1096 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:02 PM

FH so when will the ppi stop interfering with the absorption? I haven't taken it since Saturday afternoon! It's been 48 hours! Also, how the heck did this happen? The last ppi I took I felt it immediately. I felt fine the first few days on this. My last setback from the ppi was roughly 2 and a half months. I actually feel like I'm right back in acute this time. Worse than when I originally joined this forum. I took 8 of these god forsaken pills and last time I only took 3.

#1097 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:27 PM

It has less interference than last time but unluckily still too much. It should be much shorter than last time.

#1098 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:29 PM

Ya but I took 5 more pills than last time. This wave is insane!

#1099 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 03:56 PM

FH do you think this wave could be worse than the others potentially? Like I'll go back to the way I was when I had my initial taper crash? I took 8 pills total but they were never full doses.

#1100 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 February 2020 - 05:47 PM

What were you on before when you had an issue with a ppi? It wasn't lansoprazole was it?

#1101 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 07:48 PM

It was pantoloc (pantoprazole) sodium. This wont be as long lasting as my taper a year and a half ago, will it?

#1102 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 February 2020 - 09:06 PM

Any opinion on why you think my symptoms are getting worse after getting off the ppi? I felt bad before but today is insane!

#1103 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:50 AM

The lansoprazole definitely has less interference with Cymbalta absorption than the pantoloc so the symptoms should subside faster. Now that you are off the lansoprazole the liver enzymes are more readily available to process the Cymbalta and your blood levels will drop. It is as if you had a drop in dosage and this sets of a setback.

#1104 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:29 AM

Ugh. Yup I feel the shakiness and heart pounding again. So I just take my cymbalta as normal? Yes, it affects it less but I took more dosages so not sure how that measures up. Nearly 3 times more than the pantoloc (8 pills vs 3). Should the lansoprazole be completely out of my system now after 72 hours?

I'm assuming it will take a while for my blood levels to get back up and then even a fair amount more time for my nervous system to stabilize enough to the point where I can function again. Last time it took nearly 8 weeks before I started to feel somewhat normal again and 3.5 months before I felt pretty good withdrawal symptoms wise. I didn't feel like my reaction was as bad last time. This time I have more heart pounding, anxiety and shaking and last time I had more cognitive distortion. The anxiety is far worse this time which makes me think it will be a worse setback.

#1105 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:45 AM

So sorry you are suffering Lyla. I'm having a rough time too, unfortunately, and I've realised today that the Ranitidine is making me feel much worse😓. I feel like someone is sat on my chest and I can't breathe. I feel anxious and shaky too.

Am definitely stopping them and hope I feel better soon. I'd rather have the stomach pain than feel paralysed with fear (at nothing in particular) and feel exhausted. Praying for us both to get back to feeling better🙏.

#1106 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 February 2020 - 12:25 PM

The lansoprazole should be out of your system now. It is just a matter of how long it takes to adjust to the change in Cymbalta levels.

#1107 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:51 PM

I threw the dice and took an antihistamine today. It seemed to help alleviate my anxiety quite a bit but the shaking and heart pounding remains. I'm very curious how long this setback will last. 

FH  from my understanding it only takes a few days for the cymbalta levels to stabilize and become the same again? From there, it's my nervous system reaction to the drop that will take time to heal?

#1108 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:00 PM

You  are correct on both points Lyla.

#1109 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:23 PM

FH or IUN do you know exactly how long it takes for the blood levels to stabilize again?

#1110 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 February 2020 - 04:29 PM

Around 3 days it will be 93% the way to stability. At 6 days it will be completely stable assuming something else doesn't come along and change things.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users