Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#1111 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:15 AM

Hi Lyla

A quick question for you - do you get the reflux pain behind your breastbone? I stopped the Ranitidine yesterday and it is really bad today. It's like a burning pain that has me almost doubled over and it's hard to catch my breath! I may have to take co-codamol for the pain as I'm sat at work and it's really uncomfortable.

Thanks.

#1112 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:17 AM

No I dont get that pain. It sounds like more traditional heartburn. I used to get terrible pain under my right rib but that was more in the early days. Theres this diet called Fast Tract. I would play around with your diet to see what helps. Cutting out carbs and fiber for a bit might help a lot.

#1113 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 10:33 AM

Thanks. The pain is awful today and I've had to take a co-codamol. I reckon I've now got rebound reflux from stopping the Ranitidine. Arrrrrgh! I can't win.

Sorry to vent! I'm so glad I'm seeing the gastroenterologist tomorrow. How are you feeling today?

#1114 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 19 February 2020 - 12:56 PM

My acid symptoms arent absolutely terrible but I'm feeling very shaky and agitated again. This will be a few months setback for sure. 3-4 months in my estimation. So I'm looking at healing from this hell about 3.5 years since it started. Of course, there will be another setback but I've made it a dead set rule never to take another med or supplement again while I'm on this poison because everything interacts with it or sets off our nervous systems. I've been at this for 3 years pretty intensely and might just be the worst case I've ever heard of so I've learned a lot in this process. Please stop me or ignore me if I ever ask about a new med or supplement again!

Maybe Ill feel good enough to enjoy some of the summer if I'm still around by then.

#1115 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:08 PM

I'm so sorry you have suffered so much Lyla. How long were you on Cymbalta for? Did your acid reflux start because of the Cymbalta or have you always suffered from it?

I really hope you start to feel better soon.

#1116 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 February 2020 - 02:15 PM

I had acid reflux before this but my last flare was a year before withdrawal. I'm still on 25mg of cymbalta and havent tapered since October 2018.

#1117 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 03:31 PM

So how long have you been on Cymbalta in total and did it ever help you?

#1118 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:17 PM

Cymbalta was the best thing since sliced bread for me for approx 5 months. It helped with my pain and I was in a euphoric energized state. However benzo withdrawal took its toll followed by cymbalta withdrawal. It wasnt worth it in the slightest and it's been pure hell for a good part of the 3 years with some windows in there.

#1119 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:19 PM

All of these pharma drugs are poison, in my opinion. I will never take another antidepressant or benzo ever!

Really hope it gets better for you soon. You so deserve it!

#1120 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 February 2020 - 05:53 PM

Not only do agree with you both but I would add that supplements are typically poison. About 10% of prescription meds have little to no side effects and I can say the same thing about supplements. Supplements are the second leading cause of poisonings in ER visits only behind overdoses.

Someone once told me that as long as it is natural it is safe. What!!?? Rattlesnake poison is natural as is arsenic, hemlock, bee sting venom etc. Just because it is found in nature doesn't mean it is safe.

#1121 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 February 2020 - 06:42 PM

Someone once told me that as long as it is natural it is safe. What!!?? Rattlesnake poison is natural as is arsenic, hemlock, bee sting venom etc. Just because it is found in nature doesn't mean it is safe.

....Hat's BBQ's.... certainly not safe

#1122 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 February 2020 - 08:06 PM

Haha FH it also depends how we manipulate things that come from nature. Our bodies arent designed to take in concentrated high doses of these supplements. I'd rather get a good dose of vitamin d from the sun than take a pill. Not that we get any sun in the winter here in Canada but in 3 days I'll be on a much needed vacation in the caribbean. Sure, I might feel like crap and not be able to eat any good food or drink a pina colada but at least I'll be doing whatever on a sunny beach!

#1123 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:41 AM

Lyla,

The Caribbean, really? So happy for you, a change of scene will do you good. Don't forget to take insurance! For how long?
In what Province do you live? Love

#1124 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:17 AM

I live in Ontario. Are you in Canada as well Gail? Only about a month left of being frozen all the time!

I started following something called the Fast Tract diet. It's a keto diet and being careful with healthy fats and lean proteins. Hopefully this works because my acid reflux problems are so irritating. I find that the baking soda solution doesnt work for me anymore, almost like I've become immune to it!

FH I was mistaken, it's some strains of probiotics that increase histamine, not ppi's. I'm going to try eating a special brand of coconut yogurt that naturally has bifido probiotics which I dont believe increases histamine. I dont think that counts as a supplement!

#1125 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2020 - 09:35 AM

No problem Lyla. It reminds me of what my father use to say.

"Don't listen to what I say, listen to what I mean."   lol

#1126 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:38 PM

I've noticed some days since taking the ppi that I've developed pretty bad orthostatic hypotension. I feel like I'm going to blackout and faint when I stand from lying or sitting. Today is the worst. Not sure if that's an effect of the ppi or being back in wd. Any thoughts?

#1127 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

Only 0.4 % report orthostatic hypotension as a side effect of your ppi. That is about the same as a placebo. I would say probably withdrawal.

#1128 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:13 PM

Think I should make a doc appointment about it or just chalk it up to a temporary phase of wd? I do have health anxiety about heart issues. I've had this symptom before but not as bad.

This is a strange response I'm having in this wd. I'm getting amazing windows at night. I actually felt 100% last night. It's just the first half of the days that are brutal.

I found this...

Orthostatic hypotension, falls and syncope have been reported with therapeutic doses of Cymbalta. Syncope and orthostatic hypotension tend to occur within the first week of therapy but can occur at any time during Cymbalta treatment, particularly after dose increases.

#1129 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 01:33 PM

Oh I've also cut out carbs. Maybe that's it.

#1130 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:40 PM

It could be either one. Have you actually taken your bp recently?

By the way OH is a common occurrence with most antidepressants.

#1131 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2020 - 02:43 PM

By the way, I have just posted a new thread under Weaning off of Cymbalta. I would appreciate it if you could review that and let me know what you think. Thanks

#1132 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:15 PM

Ok I'll check it out. Thanks FH.

I'm managing ok in this bout as long as I get a decent sleep. If it stays this bad for a while (couple months) before I recover then I think I could manage. I just really hope it doesnt get worse. You'd think that my symptoms would get better as the cymbalta levels stabilize again in my blood.

#1133 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:17 PM

FH can you provide a link? I cant find it.

#1134 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2020 - 03:47 PM

Sorry Lyla. It was in the Medical Support section (not where I intended).

https://www.cymbalta...ff-of-cymbalta/

#1135 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:21 PM

Ok I'll comment shortly. Do you think theres any interaction with probiotics in yogurt and cymbalta? I'm so paranoid now.

#1136 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 February 2020 - 06:27 PM

My logic says no but there is of course no data on such a reaction .

#1137 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:43 PM

My doc just booked me in for a SIBO breath test.FH off the top of your head, do antibiotics interact with duloxetine? I'm quite certain I have SIBO. Apparently there is an elemental diet that has a good success rate in curing it. Wondering if you might have it as well Polly.

Thank you and great work on your other post!

#1138 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:25 AM

Some antibiotics are degraded in the liver by the same CYP enzymes as Cymbalta and some are not. It just depends on the antibiotic used.

#1139 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 February 2020 - 02:39 AM

Having a terrible time sleeping. Not sure if that's what's making my symptoms worse but the heart pounding and anxiety is ramped up big time. The antihistamine didnt work this time.

It's so hard making it through days like today. Every minute is agony. I just have to tell myself a few more weeks and hopefully the acute part of the setback will go away. I hate the heart thumping out of my chest feeling. Do you guys have any tips on making it through these days? I'm going on vacation today so hopefully that will help although it makes me more anxious thinking about it.

#1140 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 22 February 2020 - 05:53 AM

Lyla,

Since you live in Toronto, you can get Benadryl TOTAL, caplets. One and a half.

They don't have it in the US. Dyphenhydromine works great, there are two Tylenol in it.

It saved my life for years. Orange and white box. I urge you to try it. Update if you do.

BTW, I live in Sherbrooke, Quebec.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users