Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#1261 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 30 March 2020 - 05:51 PM

Hmm ok well I can make my own elemental liquid with dextrose, olive oil, and amino acids. How long did you take the iron supplement for before you noticed symptoms? I have been taking a childrens multivitamin as well with small amounts of iron for the last few days. It has 2mg of Iron phosphate per pill. Do you think about 10-12mg of iron over the course of a day would set me back? Were you taking it at the same time as your duloxetine or did you spread it out?

#1262 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 March 2020 - 06:17 PM

How long did you take the iron supplement for before you noticed symptoms?

I took one dose - and that was enough to screw me properly. If I didn't have almost 5000 posts to wade through I would find it on the forum for you to read, but it would be like trying to find a fart in a jacuzzi....

#1263 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 31 March 2020 - 06:33 AM

Lol wow that's crazy! I've had similar reactions to high doses of vitamin d and magnesium in withdrawal as well.

#1264 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 March 2020 - 09:15 AM

Found it for you Lyla!! Not much to do these days, so as it might be of interest, I found it. Starts here;

https://www.cymbalta...t-dose/?p=80510

And it was anxiety not depression that occurred. 

Might interest you to read some of the rest of my thread to see what I went through and when. It is very useful to have all this information documented here.

#1265 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 31 March 2020 - 01:43 PM

Thanks IUN. That is helpful. Are you still suffering from reflux issues? I really think most of our symptoms are caused by gut dysbiosis rather than it being from brain injury, at least in the protracted phase. I feel like everyone with long standing issues should be tested for SIBO. SIBO causes so many symptoms that people mistake for withdrawal. I don't know what happened to Polly but I'd be willing to wager that she has it as well. 

#1266 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 31 March 2020 - 04:45 PM

Hi Lyla. I'm here. My reflux issue is back, unfortunately, so I started taking Lansoprazole again this morning to see if it helps the burning pain. Unfortunately, they don't normally test for SIBO in the UK and I won't be able to go to the doctor's any time soon to ask to be tested because of the Coronavirus. I don't want to bother them unless I really need to as the NHS has its work cut out at the moment. I feel well apart from the burning sensation, but hopefully that will go in time.

#1267 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 31 March 2020 - 05:03 PM

Hey girls!

I didn't realise until I read it back myself that I also had a lot of similar things - even the breathing Polly - there is reference to that in there too. I have clearly blanked it out as best I can.

Fortunately, no I do not have reflux issues. I was diagnosed with a hiatal hernia after three trips to the hospital - the third time in an ambulance due to the agony I was in - they took me seriously that time. They gave me some PPI's but I raised the head of the bed up, cut out spicy food, tomato sauce and had a stricter eating time yada yada, and it worked itself out.

#1268 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 01:48 AM

Wow, IUN! There are a lot of similarities. How long into stopping Duloxetine was that? Hope you are OK. Just going to read your latest update now.

Polly

#1269 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:08 AM

I feel awful today. I just dont know what to do anymore. I want off the cymbalta. Every day I ponder just doing a rapid taper so I can take a ppi and get rid of this feeling in my throat and ear. Or I can just take the quick acting ppi for 10 days and have it completely block cymbalta absorption.

#1270 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 April 2020 - 08:22 AM

You probably feel awful because of the die off of the sibo. It will pass.

#1271 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 11:46 AM

Are you on antibiotics for the SIBO Lyla?

#1272 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:05 PM

Wow, IUN! There are a lot of similarities. How long into stopping Duloxetine was that? Hope you are OK. Just going to read your latest update now.

Polly

Hi Pol - I stopped the Cymbalta (or last dose) second week of November, so that was around 9-10 weeks after. Went of for a while if you read further.

I had totally forgotten what I went through - even the breathing difficulties. There were so many symptoms I lost track, so it seems like we had a lot in common there after all. Apologies that I forgot, it would have been a bit more comfort to you had I remembered. But just as Hat will tell you, we see so many people here, our heads just won't retain all the information :)

#1273 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 01 April 2020 - 02:38 PM

No problem IUN. It brings me comfort now, so thanks😁. Hope you're doing OK today.

#1274 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 April 2020 - 04:40 PM

Thank Pol. So-so day. Got better as it went along. 

Horrible day for us Brits in the virus bollocks - brings me down. Still annoyed that the PM has done the square root of SOD ALL to help those with mental health. Three suicides have hit the headlines regarding UK deaths and still nothing is done.

Makes me sick. Sorry to keep harping on about it everywhere on the site!!

#1275 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 April 2020 - 03:51 PM

I'm growing very tired of my sibo symptoms. I think I should get off this medication once and for all! I need to take a ppi to get rid of my constant throat and ear pain but I cant. It makes me so frustrated. No doctor or anyone can help me.

#1276 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 April 2020 - 05:51 PM

Not that a doctor is necessarily what you need...

Hat and myself have frequently diagnosed ourselves above and beyond "professional" intervention...

#1277 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 April 2020 - 07:38 PM

Well what the heck do I do? I need to get off Cymbalta ASAP OR take the PPI and deal with basically having no cymbalta in my system for like 10 days. What's the better route? I can take the quick acting ppi - only about 10 days as opposed to lansoprazole. I'm really worried about getting throat cancer if I don't treat this asap. 

#1278 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 April 2020 - 08:56 AM

I hate to say this but you will probably need to suffer before you can heal. As long as the sibo is there you probably will not be able to finish weaning off the Cymbalta or deal with the heartburn issues as it greatly aggravates both. As bad as your sibo is I doubt if homeopathic techniques will do the job and will only prolong the suffering. You may have to do the 10 to 14 day antibiotic treatment and go through a very rough hell. Once you are don with the antibiotics you will need a weak or so for your digestive tract to settle down. I would think at that time your heartburn would be much better and even your Cymbalta withdrawal symptoms much improved. At that point you can look at finishing your wean of Cymbalta. During these last few months your nervous system has had a chance to heal from much of the Cymbalta withdrawal effects and it has been the sibo causing the extreme symptoms you are going through when using ppis. The sibo needs to go and the quicker the better. I would suspect that you have had the sibo a long time and it has caused greatly exasperated the withdrawal effects, effects of ppis, effects of probiotics, etc.

Anyway, just my humble opinion for what it is worth.

#1279 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2020 - 05:50 PM

Ok FH I'm taking your advice and doing the antibiotics combo of Rifaximin and Flagyl and sticking through it no matter how bad this gets. This is going to be a rough 2 weeks but I figure it cant get much worse than it has. Apparently it has an 87% success rate of curing it.

FH antibiotics in theory shouldn't have any affect on the absorption of cymbalta, should they? I hope everyone here is holding up ok. It's such a strange time.

#1280 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 05 April 2020 - 06:51 PM

Lyla,

There are some concerns over particular classes and the removal of Duloxetine from the body, but no interactions to speak of. Nonetheless, I would take them a good 2 hours apart...

#1281 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 April 2020 - 09:28 PM

IUN do you know which ones? I wonder how they would remove duloxetine.

#1282 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2020 - 07:24 AM

I think IUN is referring to the interference with the cpy enzymes. As you know anything that you sue to treat the sibo will cause the death of the bad bacteria and that will upset the stomach. The irritated stomach lining will decrease the removal of the Cymbalta from your system. I know it is going to be a bad 2 weeks with probably another 2 weeks for everything to settle down. I suspect you have had the sibo for a long tine and that has made it very difficult to do the benzo and Cymbalta withdrawals.

#1283 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2020 - 10:34 AM

Yup I could be out for a long time. Worried I wont survive this. My little girl needs me.

#1284 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2020 - 11:01 AM

Wish I hadn't taken the herbals. They did a number on me mentally and physically. I've felt extremely depressed since I took them. Do you think it's from killing good bacteria? Only been on antibiotics one day and I already feel super shaky. On the plus side, my reflux is the best today it has been in 3 weeks. Not sure if that's a coincidence.

I'm going to really be needy and need support to get through this.

#1285 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2020 - 01:37 PM

It wouldn't surprise me if it was the herbals causing the depression. The shakiness is from the bacterial die off. Glad to hear the reflux is better. getting the bad bacteria under control should help that. The reflux will probably come and go for a few days though. Once you are through with the antibiotics it should improve and stay that way.

#1286 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 April 2020 - 01:08 PM

Ya I'm feeling stranger on these antibiotics but my reflux is definitely much better. My throat and ears dont hurt all day anymore. I hope this sticks. Apparently methane producing bacteria are hard to kill off

#1287 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:49 PM

That they are. Sometimes it takes two regimes of antibiotics but the second regime is not as hard on the patient.

#1288 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 April 2020 - 05:10 PM

Lyla,

I have just had a look through my notes from last year when I was on Amoxicillin 500mg/day and I went through some serious depression while I was on them. I had a viral infection so it was a tough call, but I got as far as the 5th day and couldn't take any more and stopped them. It took a couple of days, but the depression went away.

Take from that what you will, but there is no question in my mind that it was the Amox that caused the problem....

Hope you are doing better... we're all here for each other.. regardless

IUN

#1289 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 09 April 2020 - 02:35 PM

Hey guys. Thanks for sharing that IUN, that's useful to know. I've definitely been feeling really weird. It all kind of started when I took that second round of ppi's in February but I got way worse after the herbals. The garlic pills irritated my stomach and even worsened my reflux and shut down my bowels. However, the worst thing about it was that it made my vision way worse and started a wave of deep depression and anxiety. I'm assuming it's because the herbs I took act on GABA and/or serotonin. My bowels just started to work again thankfully and my reflux has been better since taking the rifaximin.

I've never experienced a stage like this in my 3+ years of hellish withdrawal. It's really scary. I feel like I might be stuck in this state now and that maybe I won't recover. The only hopeful sign is that I am getting some windows at night where I feel pretty good but like complete garbage the rest of the day. 

#1290 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 April 2020 - 03:43 PM

I am sure that one at a time, things will turn from windows to recover... just very difficult to see the wood for the trees so to speak...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users