Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#1471 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 18 July 2020 - 07:34 AM

Ya take the ppi first for 5 or 6 weeks and then ssri. The lactulose sibo test might be worthwhile if she has chronic digestive problems.

#1472 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 July 2020 - 05:54 PM

Hmmm - well her symptoms are;

• Feeling generally bloated

• Burning just below left rib - bang on the middle of stomach

• Constant burping - and by that I mean repeatedly after food, but a good few times an hour at all other times

• Passing of stools range widely between loose and opposite (sorry if TMI - but this may be prudent)

The PPI (Omeprazole 20mg) has made this much better - still a few moments, but she can feel more normal. She has just done her first pack of 28 today.

She called the doctor while I was out as she didn't want to run out and he just prescribed more - no mention of tests, but this will change when I speak to him next week.

Sertraline has arrived and it is still sat in packet.  

#1473 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:49 AM

IUN IBS is often caused by SIBO. I think I read as high as 85% of cases. Could be a good idea doing the lactulose breath test.

#1474 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 06:55 AM

I woke up in the middle of the night last night feeling really faint again and feeling generally terrible. It had been a week since I felt that way. I wonder if this is just part of my withdrawal now. I actually felt pretty great yesterday - better than I have felt in a month. Maybe it's just me but I find in withdrawal I feel absolutely terrible before a nice window opens up and when I feel almost normal again theres a terrible wave around the corner. Over time, the windows last longer and the waves shorter until the waves disappear. I have to say that this wave is scary to me though after feeling somewhat functional for a week. I feel dreadful so far today. Does this sound like withdrawal? I'm hope the fact that it comes and goes, this time for a week, it means that it's just withdrawal and not something else.

#1475 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:06 AM

Definitely withdrawal.

IUN - Pancreas issues maybe?

#1476 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:48 AM

Thanks guys - stuff to go back to the doctor with, but in the UK funding for tests is very low unless life threatening... You can walk into the ER and hope for the best, but doesn't always get you where you want unless you are in severe pain.

Lyla - both sorry and glad to hear of your issues last night, but clear indication that the intervals are getting further apart. Hopefully the wave doesn't last and you get another good week, or more.

#1477 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:12 PM

IUN I hear about a lot of sibo cases where bloating is the primary symptom. Also switching between diarrhea and constipation is a classic symptom. I think it's a good idea to investigate it. Most doctors arent familiar with sibo though, even though its clearly supported by the research. These symptoms could also be an indication of fungal overgrowth. It's hard to distinguish between them.

#1478 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 July 2020 - 07:50 PM

Thanks Lyla.

I also remembered today that she also suffers from frequent infections "downstairs". Clear up with a usual 7-10 day dose of antibiotics. No knowledge of how and why as she is ridiculously hygienic courtesy of her OCD. Pieces starting to come together...

#1479 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 20 July 2020 - 06:20 AM

Yup yeast overgrowth or sibo or both could be the answer.

#1480 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 July 2020 - 08:25 PM

Will let you know - but a lot resides with the doctor....

#1481 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:34 AM

What a day! I woke up and felt pretty good overall. Can't feel the heart pounding at all, my brain fog has mostly lifted and my anxiety is about half of what it was... but something strange happened. I notice I feel faint when I feel pressure in my forehead and breathing through my nose feels completely blocked up. My 1 year old is crazy for bubbles so I broke out the bubble wand and was blowing bubbles for her this morning. After about a minute or so, I completely blacked out and felt drunk for a couple minutes after blowing the bubbles. This led me to believe that the fainting and lightheadedness is due to not getting enough oxygen. I'm wondering if the decongestant nasal spray I used or even just withdrawal could have blocked my sinuses completely and is causing me to have these episodes. That's assuming that my sinuses are being affected. What do you guys think?

#1482 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 July 2020 - 08:56 AM

No Link between low oxygen levels and Cymbalta withdrawal  that I know of. Many antihistamines can cause that but it is usually an allergic reaction and is rapid in onset. It would not take this long to show. Fainting is such a common symptom of so many conditions it is really hard to guess what caused it.

#1483 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:23 PM

Might be sibo related and to the nasal decongestant I was on but it also happened around the time of the ppi and antibiotic. Must be related somehow.

#1484 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 July 2020 - 12:26 PM

What a mixture. What was the nasal decongestant you were taking?

#1485 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 July 2020 - 06:40 PM

That will certainly be a lack of oxygen - are you also factoring in humidity and if you were shifting position from sitting to standing etc? But the lack of oxygen might be a lack of blood flow, which in turn is the lack of oxygen... just trying to think off the top of my head.

I spoke to doctor today about tests for the wife and he said that if she isn't vomiting blood, passing blood in stools or has a persistent cough, there is no need for a test and she will just have to take the Omeprazole for the rest of her life...!

Only options from here is to go private which is a fortune. The NHS is screwed - as the world can now clearly see courtesy of COVID.

#1486 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 July 2020 - 07:53 AM

What an idiot.

#1487 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:08 PM

Iun are you in the UK? Sibo breath tests arent that expensive. You're looking at about $200 or so and you can order them yourself actually. The only reliable test is a lactulose one.

#1488 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:10 PM

My afternoon and night were great yesterday. I'd say I felt about 90% normal. Today not so much. I have crazy head pressure and dizziness. I think it's the acid going up into my sinuses. Apart from using decongestant nasal sprays, do you guys know of a way to unblock sinuses? What about steroidal sprays?

#1489 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 July 2020 - 02:17 PM

The old fashion treatment was to pour a 10% solution into your nose while laying down. It will dehydrate the sinuses some as well as any inflammation in the throat. That is about my only suggestion. Sorry.

#1490 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:34 PM

Iun are you in the UK? Sibo breath tests arent that expensive. You're looking at about $200 or so and you can order them yourself actually. The only reliable test is a lactulose one.

Yes, my dear - am in the UK. Hence the slating of the NHS - or rather the governments organisation and maintenance thereof.

Glad you mentioned the reliable test as I was already looking at other such tests - breaths tests came up quite a lot... I need to make sure this is done correctly.

#1491 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 July 2020 - 05:36 PM

My afternoon and night were great yesterday. I'd say I felt about 90% normal. Today not so much. I have crazy head pressure and dizziness. I think it's the acid going up into my sinuses. Apart from using decongestant nasal sprays, do you guys know of a way to unblock sinuses? What about steroidal sprays?

I use medical grade salt, mixed with boiled water - cool to body temperature - and then flushed using those things that you use to give water to hamsters. Too late, I forget the name. But up one nostril until it comes out the other end.

Bloody horrible the first time you do it, but works very well and you get used to the process.

#1492 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 July 2020 - 07:58 AM

Interesting IUN. Mine never comes out the other nostril. It always runs down my throat and then i drink water like a fish.

#1493 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:03 AM

Are you guys referring to using a neti pot?

#1494 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 July 2020 - 08:27 AM

Not the best way but I always used a teaspoon.

#1495 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:02 AM

Are you guys referring to using a neti pot?

Thats the one, but with the bottle, you can squeeze it rather than letting the water alone do its thing.

Hat - yes, I've never understood that! Some people it just goes down the throat whilst others it cycles thru to the other nostril.

#1496 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:02 AM

Lol how do you even get it up your nose with a teaspoon?

#1497 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 July 2020 - 09:34 AM

That one had me thinking too :)

#1498 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 July 2020 - 02:18 PM

Having a great day today minus the burning and pain in my throat and ear. Physically and mentally I feel as close to 100% as I have in months. I know this will change soon but it's somewhat encouraging and I'm doing my best to enjoy the day with my little girl while it lasts. My windows rarely last for more than a day at a time.

#1499 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 July 2020 - 04:43 PM

Hopefully it will last 4 or 5 days this time. I will keep my fingers crossed.

#1500 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 July 2020 - 05:14 PM

Ditto - really pleased to hear this from you dear Lyla.

Bless you for focusing your better times on your daughter.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Bing (1)