Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#1531 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 August 2020 - 06:15 PM

Our Hat is a proverbial Internet mole!!

Hope you are both doing well. Always thinking of you Lyla - you are such a strong one...

#1532 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 02 August 2020 - 08:24 AM

Thanks so much guys. I also just read that sodium bicarbonate interacts with cymbalta. Perhaps that's also affecting me? I always have a quarter teaspoon before bed.

#1533 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 August 2020 - 09:03 AM

Anything that affects the stomach acidity will effect Cymbalta withdrawal. 

#1534 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 02 August 2020 - 10:04 AM

Oh darn. How bad is wd with it?

#1535 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 August 2020 - 11:08 AM

I think I also have yeast overgrowth. That might be what's been causing all these problems for me. I'll probably try an antifungal like Nystatin. I couldn't find any interactions with cymbalta and it doesnt enter the bloodstream.

FH I think S. Boulardii is good to take after a kill off treatment instead of as the treatment itself. Although it does get rid of my reflux symptoms. Perhaps it does make me feel so awful because of die off rather than an interaction with cymbalta.

#1536 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 August 2020 - 12:43 PM

Sodium bicarbonate has less effect on Cymbalta as compared to calcium carbonate or Tums. 

Your gastric issues are in line with a Candida overgrowth. Too bad there isn't an accurate test for it.

#1537 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 August 2020 - 05:45 PM

Anything that affects the stomach acidity will effect Cymbalta withdrawal. 

...will affect a majority of oral medicinal administration - withdrawal or otherwise.

#1538 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 03 August 2020 - 08:03 AM

Very correct.

#1539 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 05 August 2020 - 09:26 AM

I just wanted to pump this product to you guys. It's been a life saver for me for the sinus pain and pressure. It's called Xlear and it contains Xylitol, saline and grapefruit seed extract. This stuff has made it so much better! No rebound congestion or crazy symptoms like the big pharma ones. It has grapefruit seed extract which could possibly interact with the meds but I dont think such a small amount taken intranasal would affect it.

On a side note, I just wanted to confirm that melatonin is ok, correct? I'd be taking a low dose of it before bed.

#1540 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 05 August 2020 - 10:30 AM

Melatonin is fine, in fact I love it. It is bad that your body builds up tolerance to it. 

Xlear? I will have to look into it some. 

#1541 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:46 PM

How bad of a setback if you forget a dose? Cant remember if I took the poison today.

#1542 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:51 PM

How bad of a setback if you forget a dose? Cant remember if I took the poison today.

#1543 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 August 2020 - 12:55 PM

What exactly did you miss a dose of?

#1544 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 August 2020 - 01:27 PM

Cymbalta

#1545 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 August 2020 - 03:34 PM

Duh!! I should of guessed that.  About 3 days before blood levels settle down and after that....who knows. I will keep my fingers crossed for you,

#1546 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 August 2020 - 03:37 PM

Hey Lyla, Xlear produces 38 different products. Do you know which one you are using?

#1547 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 August 2020 - 04:17 PM

I havent missed a dose in a long time. I'm like 50/50 if I took it today. I had my pill bottle out but cant remember for the life of me.

This is the Xlear product. I got it about half that price at the health food store though.

https://www.amazon.c...ix=xlear&sr=8-4

#1548 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 August 2020 - 04:47 PM

Thank you Lyla.

#1549 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 August 2020 - 03:20 PM

Are you guys sure that melatonin is safe with cymbalta? I'm starting to get weird muscle twitches again which usually comes with acute withdrawal. I do feel pretty good though. Are you sure theres no effect on absorption or serotonin or anything?

#1550 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:40 PM

There should be no reaction with Cymbalta. As melatonin is made from serotonin the body is very efficient at controlling it. I am not aware of any effect of melatonin on serotonin concentrations but will check.

#1551 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 08 August 2020 - 04:49 PM

Tryptophan is converted to 5htp which is converted to serotonin which is converted to melatonin during low light conditions. I can find no reference to this reaction going backwards. (eg. melatonin to serotonin).

#1552 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 August 2020 - 05:44 PM

Tryptophan is converted to 5htp which is converted to serotonin which is converted to melatonin during low light conditions. I can find no reference to this reaction going backwards. (eg. melatonin to serotonin).

There is reference to the reverse of daylight stimulating the conversion from melatonin to serotonin, but I cannot find hard evidence of this either. I looked into this when I was taking melatonin. As I am a night owl and my circadian rhythm is already out, I was worried that overdoing the melatonin, coupled with the lack of sunlight might be having a detrimental effect.

But given that too much melatonin can cause depression, it would certainly point to there being no evidence for its conversion back to serotonin - if anything, this points to the opposite.

#1553 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 August 2020 - 08:02 AM

Good point

#1554 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 August 2020 - 12:02 PM

I started on lactoferrin again because my iron levels just arent sufficient and my absorption isn't good. Any other views on the safety of this supplement with Cymbalta? I take it around 7am and my cymbalta dose is at 130pm so there is some distance between the two - not that that's mattered before with other drugs.

#1555 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:27 AM

I have to be honest guys. I think melatonin did a number on me. It make me feel good for a bit but I noticed the muscle twitching all over and now I feel like absolute hell. I think somehow it affects serotonin. I've also been having insane dreams like in acute withdrawal. Either that or it's the Nystatin I was taking but I don't see how that's the case.

#1556 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 August 2020 - 08:52 AM

If melatonin were effecting serotonin it certainly would make any digestive symptoms worse as well. Both Nystatin and melatonin list muscle spasms occurring in around 2% of the cases.

Nightmares are not normally experienced with either med (<0.6%).

#1557 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:01 AM

Either that or it's die off. I'm also having pain in my right side under my ribs where my liver and gallbladder are. Things have really been going downhill since late June when I was taking that cocktail of drugs.

#1558 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:17 AM

I would say die off which can cause a lot of issues but is better for you in the long run. Try and hang in there. How long you suppose to be on The Nystatin?

#1559 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 August 2020 - 09:45 AM

I hope that's the case even though it's not even certain if I have candida. I'm supposed to be on it for at least a year.

Really worried about this pain under my right ribs. Its fairly common with benzo wd but never had it with cymbalta.

#1560 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 August 2020 - 11:45 AM

First of all is this the cream, ointment, suspension, tablet, …?

Second of all ...A Year? Normally it is only taken until 2 or 3 days after a clear culture.

Is the pain "below" the ribs just below (toward your feet) or just under your ribs?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users