Photo

Feeling Suicidal. Not Sure If I Have Any Options Left.

• Please log in to reply
1636 replies to this topic

#1561 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 17 August 2020 - 02:55 PM

Tablet. My naturopath says its very hard to kill small intestinal yeast and to take it for a minimum of a year to clear the yeast and make sure it doesn't come back. I know it seems strange but I have the worlds top experts working on this with me (one in Australia for sibo and leaky gut and one in Montana for yeast).

The pain is right below my ribs. I seem to remember having this with benzo withdrawal. My brain fog is terrible. Rashes worse. Anxiety is bad. Terrible dreams. I don't know if this is cymbalta or die off or what. From what I've read, Nystatin isn't supposed to have any interactions with serotonin whatsoever.

#1562 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 August 2020 - 04:41 PM

Wow, that is something with the Nystatin. I did not know that. I will look into the Nystatin more tomorrow.  When you push firmly on the area of pain, hold for 3 seconds and suddenly remove your hand do you experience a shot of pain. If so this is a positive sign of inflamed appendix and is called rebound pain.

#1563 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 August 2020 - 05:11 PM

I'm getting anxious just reading this  :unsure:  :(

#1564 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:
    It's really difficult finding support for conditions like this. There's really nothing at a local level so the internet is pretty much it.

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:13 PM

The one bright note is ive been able to keep to my one bead a month taper so far or roughly about a 15% taper per year. I didnt have to go back up this time. Only have about 5 years left until im off this poison lol. To be honest though, as modest as my taper is right now, it really helps me mentally to know that there's at least some progress towards freedom. It feels like a prison sentence having to take this with no end in sight.

#1565 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 18 August 2020 - 01:42 PM

Time and patience. You are lucky to be able to do that well with all the issues you are dealing with.

#1566 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 August 2020 - 06:52 PM

You are lucky to be able to do that well with all the issues you are dealing with.

Just what I was thinking. I know it doesn't help none too much Lyla, but there is an end in sight as you said yourself there has been progress, and as difficult as it is to see from a day to day perspective, things seem to have slowly taken a turn for the better from an outsiders perspective looking back over the previous weeks.

#1567 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 19 August 2020 - 01:14 PM

I think you're both right. I'm going back in for tests tomorrow (ultrasound and blood) so keeping my fingers crossed that they turn out alright. I am worried about gallstones or maybe something with my liver.

I'm beginning to wonder if I felt so miserable a few days ago from keto flu. Perhaps even die off played a part. I've been very strict with no carbs the last week and a half. I think it's helped with making some progress.

#1568 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 19 August 2020 - 06:57 PM

Keep us updated on results of the above...

#1569 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 03:47 PM

The blood results actually came back normal. It was only a cbc though. I dont expect to hear about the ultrasound until mid next week.

I was wondering if you guys can look into disodium edta for me. Any interactions? I can't find any but it's a binder so I'm wondering if that might cause problems.

#1570 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 21 August 2020 - 05:23 PM

Actually Disodium EDTA is a chelator of metals mostly. It is used to treat chromium, lead, arsenic poisoning. It can significantly reduce metal concentration s in the body depending on concentration. Obviously some metals effect medicinal absorption so the effect would be indirect. Why would you consider such a compound?

#1571 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 21 August 2020 - 06:27 PM

Its part of a biofilm disruptor I'm using to treat sibo. It's an enzyme complex that includes edta to break down the biofilm. I am fine with the enzymes, just wondering if edta would be bad news.

Here's a link
https://klaire.com/k...-interfase-plus

#1572 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 22 August 2020 - 06:49 AM

There might be some effect from the edta effects on metal concentration but that is a low dose. I would also look out for an upset GI tract as the enzymes may cause a little indigestion.

#1573 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 August 2020 - 07:09 AM

Do you guys think that long-term withdrawal could be a gut injury rather than a brain injury? A lot of the symptoms make sense of it being more gut related. Also, that a diet low in carbs and sugar seems to help so much also adds to this theory 🤔

#1574 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 August 2020 - 07:51 AM

The carbs and sugar helping is classic of high cortisol which of course is related to stress. I think the gut issue sis more of an effect of the withdrawal than an injury. Of course the sibo doesn't help any.

#1575 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 26 August 2020 - 07:15 PM

Sugar and carbs also feed bacteria and yeast as well. It's interesting the parallel symptoms of withdrawal vs sibo, candida overgrowth and histamine intolerance. Im starting to think protracted withdrawal is simply gut dysbiosis. Also explains our issues with antibiotics.

#1576 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 August 2020 - 09:02 AM

Ahhh, she understands. Of course there is other sources that can cause protracted withdrawals but you certainly have hit the nail on the head. That is why I say you must eliminate either the Cymbalta OR the sibo before proceeding on with the other situation. 

#1577 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 August 2020 - 08:14 PM

It might be that the cymbalta itself is causing my sibo so maybe I need to get rid of it before I can treat it. However, I have to keep trying. I dont have years to wait. I'm dropping another bead tomorrow.

#1578 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 August 2020 - 08:18 PM

It might be that the cymbalta itself is causing my sibo so maybe I need to get rid of it before I can treat it. However, I have to keep trying. I dont have years to wait. I'm dropping another bead tomorrow so wish me luck!

#1579 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 August 2020 - 07:57 AM

Wish you luck, prayers, fingers crossed...

#1580 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 August 2020 - 08:33 AM

ditto... hoping for the very best

#1581 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 August 2020 - 11:38 AM

Thanks guys. I'm feeling better the last few days. I think it was indeed die off last week. Thank you for your help and research. I really feel like I owe a lot to you guys and this site.

#1582 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 August 2020 - 12:10 PM

That is great Lyla. Now you can focus on the Cymbalta for a while? Maybe? lol

#1583 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 September 2020 - 06:23 AM

Ya, well I'm tapering very slowly but surely. Just testing the waters for now. I'm just happy im able to taper anything to be honest. A 1% taper just means 1% less poison in my body.

Otherwise, the die off came back pretty hard after I increased my doses of herbs. The reflux is also worse. Im wondering if maybe worse reflux is also die off.

#1584 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:56 AM

Acid reflux can be made worse by the die off. Your drops in Cymbalta may be aggravating it also. The thing is if you go slow enough it may be tolerable and get you through the Cymbalta wean.

#1585 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 04 September 2020 - 07:34 PM

Good advice. Sometimes you win a long race by going slow and being smart. I find that my mental clarity is way better treating the candida and sibo. I engaged the best sibo doctor in the world and shes treating me so I feel like I'm in good hands. She explained to me that new research shows that fungal and methane organisms feed off of each other.

#1586 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 September 2020 - 02:08 PM

Wanted to provide an update. 

I've been taking oil of oregano, neem, and nystatin (a prescription antifungal) the last few weeks and I'm seeing great progress! I'm able to make more progress in tapering my Cymbalta - now at 24.5mg and hope to be at 24 by end of the month. I really think candida was the root source of my brain fog, digestive issues, blurred vision, skin rashes, anxiety etc. My acid reflux is still there but it's a little better. I'm hoping given enough time this will slowly start to decrease until it's manageable. For people with histamine intolerance/mast cell activation syndrome, I would strongly suspect sibo or candida overgrowth caused by cymbalta or other psych drug withdrawal. 

There is hope out there! Praying that I continue to make progress on all fronts. 

#1587 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 September 2020 - 03:46 PM

There she is!!  I have been wondering how you are doing. That is some great news. Hang in there and slow but steady wins the race. 

#1588 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 September 2020 - 05:10 PM

Wow... you really are a fighter. You are such an inspiration my dear.

Long time coming this progress, but so glad to hear of this news.

#1589 ForLyla

ForLyla

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts
  • LocationToronto
  • why_joining:

Posted 17 September 2020 - 07:31 PM

Thanks guys. I just need to get this acid reflux issue under control.

#1590 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 18 September 2020 - 05:47 PM

Good to hear from you - often thinking about you, as I know Hat does.

Keep us posted my lovely.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users