43 replies to this topic

#31 doreen1063

doreen1063

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 10:41 AM

Painful zaps? In what way painful?

Sweat, hot flashes and dizzy are all still hallmarks - and "normal" as far as withdrawal goes! They will go, but the time they linger for is often beyond belief and when thought this way, days go by like months!

Did you get some Omega 3 oil? This should be helping - if you didn't I would strongly suggest getting some asap. 

Painful as in... someone smacking me in the top of the head...just like the regular brain zaps but they make me duck and bring tears to my eyes...like a brain freeze from eating something frozen too fast only pain attached to it. don't know how to explain it.

#32 doreen1063

doreen1063

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:14 PM

This is what I got from the health food store. Omega 3-6-9 1000mg Essentaial fatty acids. I can't post a link or picture for some reason...

it says take 1 twice a day, should I take 2 at once instead? will these work?

#33 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 April 2019 - 03:39 PM

Omega 6 and 9 will have no effect on the brain zaps or anxiety. Omega 3 has 3 (that is why they call it omega 3) which are ala, epa and dha. The epa and dha are the ones that help anxiety and brain zaps. The following recommendation is suggested...

"Dose - Omega 3 is recommended at 2000 mg/day EPA and DHA for anxiety, give or take a couple hundred depending on what research you read. It has been shown that only the EPA and DHA components effect anxiety. Any other omega 3 fatty acids don't do anything for anxiety. Life Extensions, Mega EPA/DHA, is distilled (molecularly purified) so you don't get any impurities with your product plus it contains no mercury. Some even provide a certificate of analysis if requested. They also have ones that are enteric coated now that will not irritate the digestive track and has no fish burbs to them."

#34 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 April 2019 - 04:44 PM

"Painful as in... someone smacking me in the top of the head...just like the regular brain zaps but they make me duck and bring tears to my eyes.."

Hat - what do you think about her "painful" brain zaps/re-boots?

You have more experience in these symptoms than myself.... I know painful eye movement, and anomalies from neck/eye jolts, but this is not one I have heard of.

#35 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 April 2019 - 05:28 PM

"Hat - what do you think about her "painful" brain zaps/re-boots?"

I am not surprised. There are a number of members who have complained of 'brain freeze' and some mentioned they are painful. Luckily they don't seem to last more than a couple three weeks.

#36 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 April 2019 - 06:52 PM

No - didn't surprise me. As long as you have seen it before... Thanks.

#37 doreen1063

doreen1063

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 30 April 2019 - 08:45 PM

Omega 6 and 9 will have no effect on the brain zaps or anxiety. Omega 3 has 3 (that is why they call it omega 3) which are ala, epa and dha. The epa and dha are the ones that help anxiety and brain zaps. The following recommendation is suggested...

"Dose - Omega 3 is recommended at 2000 mg/day EPA and DHA for anxiety, give or take a couple hundred depending on what research you read. It has been shown that only the EPA and DHA components effect anxiety. Any other omega 3 fatty acids don't do anything for anxiety. Life Extensions, Mega EPA/DHA, is distilled (molecularly purified) so you don't get any impurities with your product plus it contains no mercury. Some even provide a certificate of analysis if requested. They also have ones that are enteric coated now that will not irritate the digestive track and has no fish burbs to them."

so, I wonder how much Omega 3 is in this capsule? I'll start out taking 2 in the morning and see what happens. I'll check for a reply in the morning and thank you for helping me <3

#38 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2019 - 08:27 AM

It should tell you the omega 3 content o n the label.

If you can tell me the manufacturer and the exact name of the product I can prob ably find out.

#39 doreen1063

doreen1063

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:24 AM

it's the Now brand and it says Omega 3-6-9 1000mg Essential Fatty Acids

#40 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:30 AM

Thank you and I will get back to you soon.

#41 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 01 May 2019 - 09:39 AM

Well Doreen I am afraid this will not do you any good as the omega 3 is all in the form of ala, no epa or dhe. Ala helps with the immune system but does not effect anxiety or brain zaps. I used to use Life Extension Mega Epa Dha Softgels, which contained 720 mg of epa and 480 mg of dha in 2 capsules. I took 3 capsules a day, one with each meal.

#42 doreen1063

doreen1063

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 12 May 2019 - 09:36 AM

Today is May 12, 2019...totally off this poison for 3 weeks and am still having symptoms:

Mood swings from saddness all the way to extreme rage

Brain zaps and confusion (they seem to go hand in hand)

Woke up today to very swollen hands and feet and my eyes are even swollen

Shortness of breath

difficulty concentrating

lathargic

didn't even go to church today (which is not good since we only have it once a week :(  )

#43 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 May 2019 - 11:53 AM

Unluckily those are common symptoms and it is just a matter of time. hang in there.

#44 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 May 2019 - 02:16 PM

I am sorry to hear what you are having to endure Doreen - and as Hat said, it is but time... as difficult as that is to hear at the moment.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users