Photo

Ready For Round Two Reply Like This Just42Day's Photojust42Day Today, 07:42 Pm I'm Back...after Going Back On Cymbalta 20Mg 'cause Withdrawals Made It

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:02 PM

Ready For Round Two
Like This
Just42day's PhotoJust42day
Today, 07:42 PM
I'm back...after going back on cymbalta 20mg 'cause withdrawals made it impossible to think straight, alongside the physical stuff. I've been taking the 20cym for 4 days now, I despise it. I really need an easy to follow step down/count down actually, as I'm ready to try bead counting. Are the beads the same strength, regardless of the actual prescription? How many do I take? ANY suggestions on handling those miniscule dots? My mind is better, but simple basic info is best right now.
Thanks to everyone that contributes to this site, especially the trailblazers.

#2 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:05 PM

Hey,I originally posted under the wrong topic, had to copy & paste ...hence the odd headline.

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 March 2019 - 03:38 PM

Glad you are feeling better, but please make sure you are stable and ready to move on. I know you just want off these things, but you don't want to hurt yourself getting there.

Whether the beads are the same size all round is something we get asked a lot - and in the interest of saving your sanity, we'll say yes! The difference is so minimal, and it is only the super-sensitive that need worry - and in that scenario you need scales to weigh the beads. 

What you need to do is on day 1, take one bead out of the capsule, close it up and that is your dose.

Day two, take 2 beads out, day 3 take three beads out etc.If you find that pace easy going, you can always try 2 beads per day. But again, make sure you are happy with the progress before going ahead.

Keep all the beads you remove in case you need them later...

#4 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:09 PM

IUN, thank you for sharing your knowledge. This looks like my kind of plan, simple! Will begin tomorrow.
I do want to get this done and over with, but with fresh experience of weaning too fast I know tapering by a bead a day is the best plan. Lesson learned!

#5 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:18 PM

Simple is what we need in these times!!

#6 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 12 March 2019 - 04:30 PM

Just42,

Good luck in your journey, and do come back to update or for any questions!

#7 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:22 PM

20mg cymbalta minus 35 miniscule beads!!!

#8 Just42day

Just42day

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:36 PM

Oops! Didn't mean to post that yet!
I've stayed on this site reading others post, praying and learning from them. I have been physically ill for weeks now, first a head cold that has turned into the worst sinus infection of my life(on a 2nd, stronger antibiotic now), chest congestion that has me worried enough to quit smoking, so that is a good thing, difficult time to quit though.....
Anyways, I just wanted to give an update....down to 20mg minus 35 beads, impatient about this but learned the hard way not to rush it!
I really want to Express my gratitude to you folks that are taking time to help me and so many others.
God bless you.

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 April 2019 - 01:03 PM

Thank you just42day. with the added stress of quitting cigarettes you will need to be extra patient. In the long run you will be better off though.

#10 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:17 PM

Wow... well done Just42day. That takes some courage. Fortunately I am not a smoker, but my last partner was, and she was in the exact same position as you coming off AD's and quitting smoking, so I sure wish you all the best...

As Hat said, it will be patience, patience.... and then some more patience

#11 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:51 PM

Hello Just42day,

Thank you for updating. You are doing good. As for quitting smoking, I would wait till all this is over. Enough stress as it is. To the pleasure of seeing you soon!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users