Photo

Bead Counting Tapering - New To Me So All Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#31 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:30 AM

I remember Perry Como.

#32 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

Maaaagic... moooments - I remember too!

Hows the neighbour situation NM? Any chance of splitting the dose this weekend?

#33 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2019 - 09:54 AM

Ahhh, nothing personal but IUN but I doubt if you remember Magic Moments when it was on the chart in 1957.

#34 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:
    Want to be and know my self again, connect with others, learn and offer support.

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:26 AM

You did well with your choices, IUN, and had the good fortune to miss the worst of Punk! Am a huge fan of Kate Bush too and wish I’d seen her live also.

Lol fishinghat, Perry Como....one of my Mum’s faves and my uncle used to sing his back catalogue when he’d had too much of the Irish wine. He did have a good voice, mind.

YES!!! I split my dose for the first time yesterday and feel better already. It was thankfully quiet last night though I didn’t sleep due to the anxiety and Duloxetine. Am sticking with it and when things stabilise here with the new neighbours, I’ll begin a proper taper. That said, I already feel like I’ve started because am not as zonked as with the one 20mg dose. So, tis all good. Also feel better for having found this forum :)

What about the noise for you, IUN? Hope there’s been no building work today and peace has reigned :)

#35 gail

gail

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 5,591 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 06 April 2019 - 10:59 AM

Anybody of the era of Genesis, Emerson Lake and Palmer, Pink Floyd, Three dog night,Alice Cooper?????the seventies. And later Phil Collins left Genesis to fly solo.
He's magic on scene.

Fisherman? Scrat? not myself? Scrat is IUN. For those who don't know.

I've been woken by construction workers, 200feet from here. They are so noisy with their, can't say it in English, but working on hard rock to bring it down. I'm with you who can't stand noise, makes me anxious.

BTW, welcome Notmyself to the forum. Haven't been too well.

#36 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:01 AM

Hey y'all.

I should state for the record that despite my issues with Bose, their products are good - but way overpriced.

I remember Perry Como.

My bad Kathy. I did not open the link and assumes you were talking about the head phones from bose.

I heard this long ago --> BOSE is short for Basically Overpriced Stereo Equipment!

#37 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:
    Want to be and know my self again, connect with others, learn and offer support.

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:17 AM

Hi Gail and thanks for the welcome. Sorry you’re not feeling well and that you’re being tormented by noise. It’s hard to bear and hope it stops soon and you can relax. I did love Alice Cooper and still love Pink Floyd, Genesis, Peter Gabriel, Brian Eno and so many others. Lately I’ve been listening to Wind and Wuthering - hadn’t listened to it for ages. Still a magnificent classic!

Lol KathyInFL. I have a Bose sound system and it is excellent but yep, definitely way overpriced :)

#38 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:23 AM

Lol KathyInFL. I have a Bose sound system and it is excellent but yep, definitely way overpriced :)

See how long ago I heard this, they were still called "stereos" back in the day!

#39 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:36 AM

Absolutely! I grew up with the little portable record players before my parents bought a radiogram - remember them? :)

#40 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 April 2019 - 11:55 AM

My first radio was a transistor radio I got for Christmas one year, it was about the size of 4 decks of cards (maybe 4Wx6Hx3D all inches) and it actually had an earbud! This was approximately 1965. :)

#41 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

My first very own radio was a bit smaller than that and me and my sis thought they were sci-fi lol. Our Dad goy us them from a petrol station in the late 60s and they had clear plastic carry cases and a white ear bud. I used to lie in bed listening to all the accents and languages of the world. Happy days! :)

#42 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:52 PM

I remember magic moments from my grandparents records, but yes, a little too early for me to remember it in the charts!

Gail, think the word you are looking for is demolition, which is the same in French isn't it? But maybe this isn't the word. Je ne sais pas.

Brian Eno - now we are talking. I was listening to Music for Airports only last night! Along with Boards of Canada. Good music for Kratom that...

I'm glad everyone is feeling old today as I am also having an old moment what with always feeling ill. My parents kindly let me know that their neighbour and our friend from church both have haitus hernia... er, thanks Mom, they are both in their mid-70's. 

:D :D :D

#43 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

Never had a radiogram (US - radio phonograph console). We couldn't afford one.

#44 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:07 PM

Aye, Eno’s a one-off and still hugely interesting. Have read a little about Kratom but never had any. Do tell (if you want). Feeling old’s fine. I’d hate to be young these days.

Fishinghat, we couldn’t afford a radiogram either but my Mum was adamant and so my Dad had to abandon his financial principles and buy one on HP:)

IUN, my Dad had a hiatus hernia too. He developed it in his 60s, bless him. Sorry to hear your friends and neighbour have them. The joys of getting older! Hope everyone’s coping with difficulties and managing to enjoy the weekend all the same :)

#45 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:37 PM

I know that hiatus hernia's are common in "older age", but at 41, I am not quite ready to be tarred with that brush just yet! But I have a new found respect for all those who do have them - if nothing else, to be taking more pills every day!

I remember when my parents bought their first CD hi-fi. It was a front loader - like a cassette - before they had the tray that ejected itself. They bought a Phil Collins CD and I remember putting it on top of the lampshade and melting it by mistake... I was in trouble that weekend I can tell you...

Kratom - I can tell you anything you want to know. That, along with CBD oil, are my specialties here! It needs to be used cautiously, but it is perfectly safe. I only use it once or twice a week. But sometimes, if I have had a good week, then I will not use at all. I use it for medicinal purposes. For example, tonight I will use it to relieve the discomfort in my stomach as I cannot take pain killers. I never, ever, use it for recreational purposes. 

#46 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 530 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:42 PM

CDs haha... I remember 45s and 78s! and 8-tracks. IUN, I have socks older than you! :)

#47 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 01:44 PM

Er... 33's as well please!!

I might not remember 8-tracks, but I still have plenty of vinyl!! 

#48 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2019 - 02:32 PM

Och sorry you’re ill all the time, IUN. I misread what you said. Hope the Kratom and CBD oil help and you’re feeling ok.
Lol. Phil Collins melting on a lampshade - priceless! Reminds me of buying the Ashes to Ashes 45 and leaving it on top of the gas fire in my flat. It was fine till my flat mate switched it on without noticing.... :)

KathyInFL I have socks older than you! :) Lol. Do you remember the fun of playing 33s at 45 and vice versa? Loved that, especially at parties when everyone was in the swing of things. My gran had an old gramophone and tons of 78s with boxes of styluses. Had great fun with those. It was a thing of beauty.

My next door neighbour in Belfast had an 8 track and he was considered really cutting edge techno guy. It sounded great but I never had one.

Confession. I had to get rid of some treasured vinyl when I moved to my bungalow due to lack of space. Hate that I did that :(

#49 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2019 - 04:22 PM

Oh you young kids. I remember when 8 tracks first came out. We had a 'family' radio and would listen to Perry Mason and The Shadow Knows as well as Abbott and Castello and George Burns and Gracey Allen. No tvs at that time.

#50 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2019 - 04:39 PM

You’ve seen the most changes for sure, fishinghat. Did see the rest on TV, except for The Shadow Knows. I imagine sitting around a radio with family listening together must’ve been really warm and enjoyable. No screen to distract from the exchanges of facial expressions. Now families are all glued to separate screens even in the same room!

#51 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 04:47 PM

I am sure I was born too late! When my grandparents used to speak of their lives, the simple, basic, no-frills existence, it made me want it so much. I see cars the same way. I much prefer older cars as there is less to go wrong. All this modern life - food, drugs, medication(!) - so much potential for stuff to go wrong! I really wanted to live through the 50's and 60's. 

#52 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 04:49 PM

Oh and over here, the radio was first called the wireless :D

#53 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 04:55 PM

https://www.cymbalta...a-word/?p=82764

Just for you... join in :D

#54 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2019 - 04:58 PM

I agree, IUN. My sis and friends often celebrate the fact we were the last generation to be truly free as kids. Nobody tracked us, no mobile phones. We played out all day and came home when we were hungry. The family sat round watching black and white, two channel tv and it was such fun. My grandad drove a Volkswagen Beetle with wooden panels. Everything was more ‘real’ and slow. Nature was everywhere. We had the best music ever. Glad to be getting old! :)

#55 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:44 PM

"I much prefer older cars as there is less to go wrong."

Oh so true. It was a great and simple life but without the advanced technology it was a lot more labor intensive. I remember cutting down trees with a two man crosscut saw. It took 2 days to cut down, saw up and split one big tree got 4 people. Now 2 people can do it with a chainsaw in a day.

#56 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 05:56 PM

Yes, you see. This is how I see it. I would feel much more at ease being twice the age I am today, and to have seen those amazing times growing up. The television invented would have been an amazing thing to witness. Sure I easily remember the days without the internet, but it is just not the same. 

New inventions are coming out every day now, so it is like... so what else is new? Things just aren't appreciated like they used to be....

Hehehe - I sound like an old person now :D

...and Hat, why am I picturing your upbringing like it is a set from 7 brides for 7 brothers...?! :)

#57 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 April 2019 - 06:24 PM

IUN, you sound like a man out of his time and I get that, but each era has its shortcomings, as fishinghat points out. That said, I would rather have meaningful labour that’s not reliant on too much technology. I think the current level of technology and its repercussions have cost us too much. I do hanker for the simpler world, but all people do come a certain time in life. You’re not alone :)

#58 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,524 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 April 2019 - 07:47 PM

Currently looking on eBay for a time machine... I'll be sure you look you all up when I get back to the 50's. Just in time for Hat's 60th birthday bash... :D

#59 NotMyself

NotMyself

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts
  • LocationScotland, UK
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:36 AM

Hope you find that time machine, IUN. Would love to borrow it and disappear back to prehistoric times :)

#60 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2019 - 07:54 AM

"7 brides for 7 brothers...?!"

I will have to google that one.

"Would love to borrow it and disappear back to prehistoric times"

No way. Too many big teeth back then. lol