Bead Counting Tapering - New To Me So All Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2019 - 08:15 AM

Ah, but in my fantasy I’m fleet of foot and a true Child of Nature, nimbly evading the gnashers of all. I sleep in the tree tops and thrive on the joys of the sounds of pre-homo sapien Nature.... :)

Day three and I can’t get any kip on the split 20mg dose. Will have to resort to Valium :(

Hope you’re enjoying a peaceful Sunday, fishinghat :)

#62 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:10 AM

I need some Valium here! Used all mine at the hospital and am in the middle of a massive anxiety attack - 48 minutes and still going... :(

#63 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:12 AM

Oh no! Can you get any, IUN? Anything I can do?

#64 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:42 AM

Hospital is 20 miles away and there would be huge queues to be seen! I am trying to get past this on my own.

I am not surprised it has occurred after 2 hospital visits, 1 doctor visit, 2 blood tests and 3 sleepless nights all in the space of a week. It was inevitable.

Thank you for your concern NM...

#65 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2019 - 09:46 AM

I understand the predicament, IUN. Do you think you can get some help tomorrow? I imagine you’re doing your usual coping strategies etc and you know well that this too will pass. Sending you calming vibes :)

#66 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:11 AM

NM, I assume you know that valium is very addictive and has a nasty withdrawal of its own. My psych clinic will no longer prescribe a benzo unless they try hydroxyzine first for sleep. Very good for anxiety as well as sleep. Not addictive and no withdrawal. You might consider it.

#67 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Hi fishinghat. Oddly, I’ve had a very harmonious relationship with Valium. I’ve always used it only in dire need and a couple of months can go by before an event triggers the need to take it, rather than withdrawal. When I smoked weed in my youth, I gave it up straight up no problem. Same with drinking alcohol and smoking cigarettes. Cold turkey every time and all ok. I’m quite lucky that way. Hydroxyzine is new to me so will look into it but the psychiatrist who authorised my Valium prescription is no longer available to me and I don’t want to see any member of the mental health profession again to be honest. Not the most helpful bunch here in the UK. I do appreciate your concern though :)

#68 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:23 AM

Thank you NM. The prescription is at the Doc's so I can collect tomorrow, but hoping things will have calmed down a bit by then. 

Indeed benzos are addictive and really wouldn't want to be one to try a withdrawal from them. Aside from the hospital visits, I barely touch the stuff, but when the wife runs out, she uses my supply rather than sorting her own prescription.. grrrrr.

#69 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:25 AM

I don’t want to see any member of the mental health profession again to be honest. Not the most helpful bunch here in the UK.

Don't get me started. My thread is littered with issues because of the mental health team here in the UK. The even took my duloxetine beads away from me to get me to quit cold turkey from 10mg. Angry doesn't even come close.

#70 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2019 - 10:44 AM

I hear you, IUN. I won’t even go down that route. Won’t have anything to do with them again. Glad you’re sorted for tomorrow but you must find a hider-hole your wife won’t ever find! Hope you’re feeling a bit better now :)

#71 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:14 AM

I don't understand why they are so bad on a national scale. I thought it was just my area until I spoke to others and saw the reviews. 

I have calmed a little - around 40% I'd say. Just very sensitised nerves. Just like with noise when there is the smallest thing that will set you off, but for me it is my body and I can't put earplugs in to ignore that!!

#72 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:20 AM

Glad it’s subsiding, IUN. Just be kind to yourself and breathe.

Mental health services are dreadful uk wide. Because it’s NHS, you have no choice who you see, unlike private medicine. They know they can fob you off with all manner of inhuman treatment and get away with it. Ask to see someone else, and you’re flagged as ‘trouble’ straight away. Wouldn’t happen if your payment to them was direct rather than through taxation. Direct payment requires respect from the recipient and some effort!

#73 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 11:31 AM

I was flagged straight away as the first doctor I saw told me to go cold turkey off the Dulox, and I was telling him I didn't want to. He told me the reason for my seizures was because I had not quite them, whereas I was trying to show him the PIL which clearly states that seizures are a part of withdrawal. This led to my beads being taken, so I made a complaint through PALS. After that I have been treated like a piece of sh*t. But from what I gather, that wouldn't have made much of a difference to the treatment I have been given.

and....

breathe... 2, 3, 4

#74 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:16 PM

They are vile for sure. My best friend always says he wonders if they would be so cavalier and downright cruel if they’d been stuck on antidepressants themselves. I have a pet theory as to why so many medics are alcoholics: they know not to use Big Pharma prescription crap and actually feel safer using alcohol. Again, put this to a shrink only if you require no further treatment lol! :D

Keep breathing..... :)

#75 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:47 PM

Studies have shown that American drs are one of the groups with the highest use of antidepressants and benzos.

#76 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:58 PM

NM - a fascinating theory....

Hat - what do American p-docs know that we don't?! :)

Going for a bit of a stroll and hope that my brain will behave itself...

#77 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 07 April 2019 - 01:52 PM

Mothing IUN. I have spoke to a few of my personal drs and they say that drs often take a couple months off to address their drug usage problems. They suffer too.

#78 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 April 2019 - 02:06 PM

I'm not surprised! The p-docs over there sound so much better. 

As NM said, if the NHS weren't paying those over here, it would be a different ball game. 

My great uncle was a doctor when the NHS was set up and he said all those years ago, "mark my words, the NHS will never work". He was right, It never has and it is only a matter of time before it becomes privitised. 

#79 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:08 AM

Hi Everyone, just checking in to say hello after a stressful few days which continue to be stressful. Have met my new neighbour, welcomed her with choccie biccies, got her electric cooker installed for free, and did my best to make her feel at home. But she’s chaotic and oblivious to all but herself. She’s also eccentric to put it mildly. She crashes about like a wounded elephant and stomps in boots on bare floorboards from 6 am till she goes to bed. Am at my wits’ end. The problem is the wall between my bedroom and her kitchen just isn’t sound proofed. I was just lucky my last neighbour was gentle and naturally quiet with no barking dogs. IUN, there’s nothing coming up for anyone who can make molds for the earbuds you recommend. Please, can anyone help with a recommendation for ear plugs that cut out noise and are comfy to sleep in?

Glad you got your prescription ok IUN and hope everyone is well and having some peace and quiet :)

#80 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:41 AM

Hi NM - sorry to hear that you are enduring issues with your neighbour - such bad luck that your bedroom joins onto the kitchen. I have upstairs neighbours that walk in shoes and have hardwood floors. Fortunately they are not there too often, but when they are, my goodness!

Regarding the earplugs, my wife has found Moldex to be very useful;

https://www.amazon.c.../dp/B007Q9FAVC/

The contour ones are much more comfortable. You squash them between your fingers, put them in your ear and they expand. They might feel odd for the first couple of nights, but you do get used to them. I would also advise changing to a new pair every couple of weeks to avoid infection in the ear. Keep them in a little box or jar when not in use. Do not wash them as they soak the water up and loose their expanding properties!

If you are desperate for sleep tonight, find a motorbike shop locally - they will have some as bikers use Moldex all the time to keep the noise of their bikes down.

#81 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:36 AM

Not myself, good to hear from you. I know Amazon sells sound absorbing blankets that can be mounted on the walls to reduce incoming as well as outgoing sound. I am afraid these may be a little expensive for you but you might check them out.

#82 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2019 - 08:39 AM

Thanks for all the speedy help IUN and fishinghat. Looking into both suggestions now! :)

#83 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:25 AM

Good suggestion with the blankets. Most noise insulation only works "the kitchen" side as it needs to absorb the sound before it reaches the wall. When it reaches the wall, the noise has already been created, so you need to absorb a different kind of frequency the bedroom side which takes a completely different material.

Best solution is to speak to your neighbour, but I know that is not an easy option. My continued sympathies.

#84 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:57 AM

Cheers IUN, really appreciate the support. Have been taking stock last couple of days. I really want to move south so I can be near my best friend. Think this may finally be the push to make me do something about it. In the meantime, have bought the ear plugs you suggested. Hope you’re feeling chiiled and pain free :)

#85 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 02:16 PM

Yeah - come join me down in the South! You'll start to speak too fast and complain about the immigration a lot more :)

I am sure the plugs will work well for you for now. When you get them, roll each plug into a long thin sausage shape and push carefully into ear canal. If you have odd shape canals like me, you can pull the ear lobe to help ease them in place. 

Oh, and make sure you leave enough foam to pull them out again :D

#86 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:18 PM

Speedy immigration moaning sounds fun lol :) Am at a low ebb so really appreciate the humour. Thanks! :)

#87 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:26 PM

Chin up, dear sausage.

It can't rain all the time...

#88 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:28 PM

Dear sausage lol....:D

#89 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:48 PM

That's for today - tomorrow you will be sugar-plum :D

#90 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 April 2019 - 04:56 PM

Cheers for the pick-me-up IUN. very much appreciated by this sugar-plum to be :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users