Bead Counting Tapering - New To Me So All Advice Welcome!

• Please log in to reply
513 replies to this topic

#91 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2019 - 06:20 PM

I have a neighboring kitchen on my bedroom wall too, why do they build like this??? Luckily I only hear the person once in awhile, when I do hear her I knock back! 

#92 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 10 April 2019 - 07:41 PM

Yeah, but you are really lucky. You have trains as well :D

#93 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 10 April 2019 - 09:28 PM

Yeah, but you are really lucky. You have trains as well :D

oh yep!! but I sometimes forget about the trains that run from 5am-2am every 2 minutes... 

#94 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2019 - 06:56 AM

Hi KathyInFL! Wow, your trains situation sounds a lot. Have you got used to it? I used to live by a railway and quite liked it but it stopped at night. My friend’s looking into how I could soundproof my bedroom wall. It is ridiculous the way they build knowing full well the sound’s going to cause aggravation. At least I had a wee bit of kip last night. Feel quite Sugar-Plum-like lol. Hope everyone’s doing ok :)

#95 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 April 2019 - 07:48 AM

oh yep!! but I sometimes forget about the trains that run from 5am-2am every 2 minutes...

That would kill me. Ugghhh!!

#96 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:21 AM

That would kill me. Ugghhh!!

I got used to it, there is rarely a whistle, just rumbling on the tracks. We were supposed to gt a tropical storm one time and they shut the train down, it was strange not hearing it in the background!

Where did my avatar go??? I look like the Hat now!

#97 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2019 - 08:48 AM

Avatars going AWOL lol... I know where you’re coming from though. Have been on meditation retreats with building works going on outside and soon adapted, especially to the cement mixer. Some repetitive sounds are ok. It’s the sudden loud ones throw me. I need to go back to my spring-like daffodil for tis sunny in Scotland. Yay! :)

#98 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 April 2019 - 10:57 AM

Hey Sugar-Plum!

I was having a look into your situation earlier, and found this page to be helpful in explaining your predicament;

https://acousticalso...roofing-a-wall/

This explains what to do when there are outside sounds getting in. The problem is, the best way would be to put up another layer with something like mass loaded vinyl sandwiched between. Fair bit of labour involved, but it would work. If there is anything I can do to help (one of my degrees was in sound/acoustic engineering), just drop me a PM.

And yes, its the sudden loud noises that really get you. Like when the upstairs neighbour drops her phone on the wooden floor right above my bedroom! Scares the crap out of me!

Also sunny - albeit very cold - down here in the South today. Nice while it lasts :)

#99 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:54 AM

Cheers, IUN. Think this might be what my friend had in mind. Am sending him the link too. I don’t want to move again, I’ve decided! Glad you have sun too :)

#100 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2019 - 12:41 PM

Happy Easter Everyone! Love and blessings to you all xxx :)

#101 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:01 PM

...and the same to you! 

How's the noise situation up there??

#102 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 April 2019 - 04:44 PM

Hey IUN! My noisy neighbour disappeared early last Wednesday so I’ve been chilling and catching up on my sleep as much as possible. Was outside asleep in my fisherman’s chair this teatime when she came back and talked at me for over an hour. I managed to insert noise issues into the convo but she’s ‘locked in’ to herself. I sense she doesn’t see people or animals as real and is stuck in her own world. Will message you about a plan for noise reduction my friend has proposed to me and hopefully you can give me your opinion. My earplugs arrived! The ones you and your wife recommended. They feel really comfy and do dampen the noise so thanks for the info. Am hoping you and your wife are doing ok and enjoying some of this lovely sun :)

#103 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 21 April 2019 - 05:34 PM

Great to hear from you NM!

Hasn't it been an epic weather weekend!! It was definately t-shirt time down here in the south. Glad to hear that you got some shuteye, and so nice of your neighbour to awake you from your blissful slumber. I would not have tolerated an hour with a neighbour. The amount of b*llocks they can get through in such a short amount of time is amazing. Whenever my neighbour tries it, I have this face which I hope says "I'm listening, but I really couldn't care less". Often works. If not, I just stare at my shoes until she gets the message. 

By all means send this plan through and I will peruse and offer any help that I can. Good to know the plugs helped. Just remember to keep them in an air-tight (ish) container to prevent any nasties working their way in, or you will find that your ears start itching like crazy during the day! 

Managed to get the wife out for a really good walk yesterday in a fairly public area (she is agoraphobic). Today wasn't so easy as I am suffering horrible withdrawal at the mo, but I did attempt, but it was too much for her. Small steps and all that...

#104 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2019 - 04:16 AM

Aye, another glorious day warming up here in Scotland! Weather’s really cheered me up and glad you and your wife have had some too. I feel for you both as I too am agoraphobic and baby steps is definitely the best way. Lol wish I could be that blunt with the neighbour :). Love your style! I can sense no warmth in her whatsoever and she spews a litany of mindless disaster she could easily sort out if she wasn’t so rigid in her thinking. But hey-ho, can’t do owt about that.

Confession. I couldn’t stand being on 20mg of the Duloxetine and tapering via a bead count so halved the dose to 10mg sixteen days ago. I had some fairly severe headaches and some sporadic queasiness which have worn off now. Feeling much better and not having to sleep during the afternoons anymore. Even my natural sleep is returning slowly. I know this isn’t a sensible thing to do and wouldn’t dream of stopping the 10mg cold turkey - have no plans to stop the 10mg - but I couldn’t cope with the new neighbour and the 20mg. That said, listening to her shouting at her poor ‘pets’ and endless use of her washing machine, am sensing this could be my first Valium day in over a week....still tis all Life and she’s been sent to try me.

Hope today’s peaceful for you, IUN and everyone, and that your withdrawals ease up pronto. Sound situation proposal to follow.
Love to all xxx :)

#105 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 April 2019 - 06:39 AM

Glad you managed to ride out the 10mg drop - I would say that if you have managed it this far, you should be through the worst, although on occasion it has come back to bite. Staying at 10mg now for a while is a must - as it a very slow drop from that point - please!! The last 10mg really are a nightmare. 

Also another lovely day down south, but unfortunately my depression has set in. There was obviously so many times I could tell myself "it's the withdrawal" and I have reached that point on simply having had enough. It is painful to feel again and hope it will soon pass. 

Wishing you a lovely day...

#106 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:11 AM

Thanks for the encouragement, IUN, and no chance I’m coming off the 10mg for the foreseeable. The birds are chirping their heads off and am just reading outside - just being able to read again is wonderful! So sorry you’re feeling so bad. Please be kind to yourself and do whatever eases the pain without judging yourself. One of my favourite sayings is ‘this too will pass’. It’s hard to use it’s wiadom when we’re at rock bottom though. Thanks for your kind wishes. Sending you peace and healing vibes :)

#107 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:13 AM

*wisdom* lol :)

#108 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 April 2019 - 07:38 AM

Thank you NM. You are right. It will pass, and it is how we choose to view these times that can determine the severity of our suffering. 

But much like your noise situation, it is not easy to ignore!!

Keep us all posted on the weening schedule.

#109 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 22 April 2019 - 09:06 AM

Hello Notmyself,

A lucky one, you are. Please stay put at 10 for at least a few weeks.
Back to cooking chicken chip cookies, diet version!

#110 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 April 2019 - 12:56 PM

Chicken chip cookies?

New one on me :)

#111 gail

gail

Site Partners

• Site Supporter
  • 6,016 posts
  • LocationSherbrooke, PQ
  • why_joining:
    5 months on cymbalta, scary side effects, to get help and to return the favor if I can.

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:07 PM

Oh my, chocolate chip!

#112 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 April 2019 - 01:30 PM

I didn't question it too far as apparently someone has already been there...  :huh:

#113 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2019 - 11:46 AM

Thanks Gail and IUN - oh that video! - but your words made me smile!
FREEZING in Scotland and my body’s gone into shock after the glorious weather. Very down, craving chocolate I don’t have, and can’t bear the noisy neighbour. Valium taking the edge off but at a low ebb and very irritable. She’s constantly microwaving water for a wash instead of having a bath and the dog barked for over three hours while she was out. I can’t cope with it today. To top it all, I have to return a wig I ordered online (I have had androgenic alopecia since I was 15) so MUST somehow leave the house tomorrow! Lol the Universe loves a laugh!

But I do know my perception of things will change soon so just have to trust in the All to keep me going till it does. There seems to be quite a few spiritual folk here. I’ve been trying to read some bits and pieces of threads and there’s a wonderful feeling of warmth between you all. Am sorry my posts are sporadic at the moment but have little energy but so want to join in more and give more. Spirituality is the one thing that has kept me on the planet and has been the focus of my life so hope I can of service when I settle and find my way round more.

Love and blessings to everyone and hope your day is peaceful and you can surrender to what is, even if it isn’t what you want. Just reading your posts makes me want to cry xoxoxox

#114 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 April 2019 - 03:56 PM

You should always have chocolate at home NM!! Worse than running out of your AD's!!

Don't like to say it but weather has been maintained down here and I was still out in a t-shirt. I can't believe the amount of crap you are putting up with there. Nothing worse than a dog going at it for hours on end. That would drive me mad! Not helping that I've hit a rage part of my withdrawal today. Someone sniped a parking space just as I was pulling in earlier and the verbose that came out of my mouth needs repentance. However, I projected loud enough as the man stuck his head out the window.. "sorry mate" and vacated the space for me!!

You are aware that noisy dogs can be dealt with by the council? Or at least in the UK. Once reported, a worker will come and assess quite quickly and get the owner to deal with it. My friend does this for a living. I sincerely hope it doesn't come to that for you, but we all need our sanity!

Can you say more about your agoraphobia? Do you know what triggers it - or methods you have used? Only if you are happy to divulge, but are plenty here going, or gone, through it. LDN is doing a stellar job of facing his at the moment. A real trooper. We all band together where we can to help...

Surrender to what is - very fitting sign off. Keep in touch!

#115 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:49 PM

Funny but I don’t usually crave chocolate but did today. Glad the weather was still lovely for you and you got that parking space lol! I need to see how things ‘settle’ with the neighbour before making any sort of formal complaint. Years ago, in England, the council noise guy was useless so I have little faith there (no disrespect to your friend). Neighbour says she doesn’t want to be here, but further north, so maybe she’ll bog off. It’s just right now I can’t cope.

I developed agoraphobia over the year following my partner’s death. Hadn’t had any of that beforehand. I don’t have any strategies per se, except I just know when I can go out and when I can’t even imagine going out. I do visualise my travelling to where I want to go to feel how realistic a proposition it is but very often it’s just a simple case of ‘I can’t go out in that heavy atmosphere with all the noise and chaos’ etc. I’m also scared of going somewhere and not being capable of getting/driving back, especially as there’s nobody near at hand to come and get me.Tomorrow, I’ll take a look at LDN’s posts and compare.

In the meantime, thanks so much for your kind words. They mean so very much, IUN. Hope your night is peaceful and you wake to a calm and loving day :)

#116 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 April 2019 - 04:58 PM

My neighbor has 4 big dogs in his back yard which use to bark constantly. I bought a bark controller. It is a divide that sets in my back yard near the property line. When a dog bark it sends out a brief ultrasonic sound. The dogs ears are sensitive to it and within a week the barking had been reduced by around 80%.

#117 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:04 PM

Thanks for that, fishinghat. So far, the neighbour’s dog is barking in her bungalow that adjoins mine, so I’m guessing that may not work. Also, she has three cats kept indoors too. Would it affect them? Hope you’re doing ok :)

#118 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:37 PM

...the barking had been reduced by around 80%.

Apologies Hat, but I found myself laughing at this as I pictured you with your little notepad and decibel meter out in your back yard recording the results that led you to this very precise measurement in reduction :D :D :D

Needless to say, I would have done the same! I really needed that this evening - thank you!!

#119 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:38 PM

I am doing fine, thank you for asking. No, the device will not work through a wall. Oh well.

I aim to please IUN.

#120 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2019 - 05:43 PM

Och thanks for trying fishinghat! It’s still early days and am hoping things will simmer down. Wish someone would invent a device that worked through walls and on nuisance humans! :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users