36 replies to this topic

#31 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:08 AM

Furthermore, gelatin capsules would NOT break down in the intestines - they wouldn't make it that far. They breakdown very soon after reaching the stomach acid.

Sorry to harp on about this, but Hat and myself are readers and have mild OCD symptoms of always having to make sure something is proven correct :D

But this is not just for our own ego-gratification, this is for the benefit of all.

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,707 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2019 - 11:52 AM

All of the following information is taken directly from the Eli Lilley drug insert.

https://dailymed.nlm...d64ba#section-3

3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
CYMBALTA is available as delayed release capsules:

11 DESCRIPTION
CYMBALTA® (duloxetine delayed-release capsules) is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SSNRI) for oral administration.
Each capsule contains enteric-coated pellets of 22.4, 33.7, or 67.3 mg of duloxetine hydrochloride equivalent to 20, 30, or 60 mg of duloxetine, respectively.

16 HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
16.1 How Supplied
CYMBALTA is available as delayed release capsules in the following strengths, colors, imprints, and presentations:

PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
delayed release capsules

#33 DebbieC61

DebbieC61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:04 PM

Furthermore, gelatin capsules would NOT break down in the intestines - they wouldn't make it that far. They breakdown very soon after reaching the stomach acid.

Sorry to harp on about this, but Hat and myself are readers and have mild OCD symptoms of always having to make sure something is proven correct :D

But this is not just for our own ego-gratification, this is for the benefit of all.

All of the following information is taken directly from the Eli Lilley drug insert.

https://dailymed.nlm...d64ba#section-3

3 DOSAGE FORMS AND STRENGTHS
CYMBALTA is available as delayed release capsules:

11 DESCRIPTION
CYMBALTA® (duloxetine delayed-release capsules) is a selective serotonin and norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (SSNRI) for oral administration.
Each capsule contains enteric-coated pellets of 22.4, 33.7, or 67.3 mg of duloxetine hydrochloride equivalent to 20, 30, or 60 mg of duloxetine, respectively.

16 HOW SUPPLIED/STORAGE AND HANDLING
16.1 How Supplied
CYMBALTA is available as delayed release capsules in the following strengths, colors, imprints, and presentations:

PRINCIPAL DISPLAY PANEL
delayed release capsules

Thank you both for your quick reply. I'm using a compounding pharmacy right now, but when I get down to the lower dosages, I'm anticipating counting beads and I want to get this right.

#34 DebbieC61

DebbieC61

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 April 2019 - 01:55 PM

Where is the best place to get the enteric coated capsules? I've been looking on Amazon, but some reviewers on there are stating that some of the enteric capsules sold turn out to be just regular, plain gelatin capsules.

#35 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,707 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 April 2019 - 02:35 PM

Enteric coated capsules are also sold under the name of acid resistant capsules. I got mine at a local compounding pharmacy. They keep them in stock for make ups of Cymbalta and similar compounds.

#36 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Best Friend

• Site Supporter
  • 473 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:23 PM

I'm on that Facebook group too, they are pretty militant in their instructions. I believe the founder's sister committed suicide while on or tapering off C. :(

#37 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 2,108 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 16 April 2019 - 03:57 PM

Pharmacy is best place if you can for the caps. Most will be able to order them in if they don't carry stock.

Yes - the FB are quite militant, but they mean well and offer lots of support. But what sorry circumstances for the founder. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users