8 replies to this topic

#1 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 June 2019 - 07:26 PM

Well... I think this is quite a milestone for our faithful leader here - 10,000 posts on the forum as of today!!

Whilst he may be bashful in the celebratory point in his commitment to the forum - and all of those that have passed through in the previous years since his joining, I want to mark this occasion to offer my thanks.

I shall therefore kick off but saying a big thank you Hat for all you have done for me personally, for the things you have taught me, the advice you have given and the compassion for getting me through some very dark times in previous months. 

Please never underestimate the impact of the work you have done, and continue to do here on the forum. All who have had the benefit and pleasure of meeting your digital acquaintance will surely never forget.

Bless you Hat... my brother in Christ.

#2 Wagtail

Wagtail

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 511 posts
  • LocationSydney
  • why_joining:
    Need support

Posted 15 June 2019 - 09:56 PM

I couldn’t agree more , our friend “fishing-hat “, did more for me in my darkest hour than all the psychiatrists combined .
He was always the first to give very knowledgeable advise & had my back at all times .

Because I live in Australia & with the time difference, when I was sitting on my lounge in the middle of the night suffering & inconsolable, fishinghat would be online to support me .

I’m currently doing a withdrawal with extreme caution & remembering all the advice fishinghat previously empowered me with .
If I run into trouble I’m counting on this site & all the great people to give me guidance ,once again .
I drop in every now & then & see that comforting name “ fishinghat “ still helping suffering souls .
I just wish we could find a way to repay him .

I will never forget him , that’s a given .‍♀....... If I ever get to visit the USA , I would tick off one of my bucket list dreams of meeting our dear friend in person & giving him the hug I have been saving ,just for him.

I also want to recognize his participation in this group & the hundreds of people whose lives have been touched by this wonderful selfless man .
Love you fishinghat... & thank you

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 June 2019 - 07:10 AM

Beautiful and moving post, Wagtail...

#4 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 16 June 2019 - 08:26 AM

You may not believe this but I never notice how many posts I have done over the years.  lol

I am humbled by the praise and appreciation and it makes all the suffering I did in my withdrawal seem worth it to be able to help others. It started out just wanting to repay those that helped me during that time and wound up being part of an extended family.

My great appreciation to every one for all the kind words and help that I have received over the years.

God bless all of you.

#5 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:11 AM

"It started out just wanting to repay those that helped me during that time and wound up being part of an extended family."

Absolutely. Has now become my own extended family. So grateful.

#6 Guest_NotMyself_*

Guest_NotMyself_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 June 2019 - 09:39 AM

Still just a newbie here, but can say from the bottom of my heart, I appreciate so very much your calm, patient, non-judgemental offering of a wealth of knowledge and experience, Hat. I have a long way to go before I’m free of Duloxetine but it’s comforting to know you’re just the other side of the pond. Many congratulations on your 10,000 posts! That’s some staying power!

Grateful thanks, much love and blessings to you xxx :) xxx

#7 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 16 June 2019 - 10:05 AM

Lovely NM - and just right - the non-judgmental that is so difficult to find today, especially with the so-called professionals...

#8 KathyInFL

KathyInFL

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 595 posts
  • LocationSouth Florida

Posted 17 June 2019 - 08:48 PM

Happy Birthday, Mr Hat!!!

I'm just going to let you know I think you are awesome!

#9 Raven72

Raven72

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 919 posts
  • LocationSomewhere In The Stratosphere
  • why_joining:
    Additional support outside my atmosphere.

Posted 18 June 2019 - 06:01 PM

Congratulations Sir Hat!!!

You are an inspiration to us all. When I first arrived here it was one of my darkest hours. My husband actually fpund the site while seeking help for me. He read several of the posts and told me that Fishinghat was the one to ask any questions.

I was so skeptical at first. I didn't want to believe the cold turkey detox was making me a horrible person. I came here anyway and wound up with a 2md family. I even left for a year and when I came back, it was.like I had never left.

I love you my brother in Christ.

Blessed Be,
Raven(Mel)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users