• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elle

Elle

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 March 2008 - 06:17 PM

I am certainly glad I found this site - I thought I was going insane and getting worse trying to withdrawal from Cymbalta than I had ever been even before going on it. I took 30mg for 6 months and my doc told me to go cold turkey. It's been a week since stopping and I gained 8 pounds right away. I also have every other symptom mentioned from all other topics - brain buzz, dizziness, stomach upset, major headaches and on and on. Has anyone else had the weight gain issue and does it go away as the withdrawal time increases?

#2 hopeful

hopeful

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:34 AM

yep, I gained 10 lbs while on it for 6 months and have gained 5 lbs in the last 6 weeks of tapering. ARGH!!! :twisted: I chose this med as it was supposed to be one that weight gain didn't happen.. guess I am part of the lucky 1% that does gain weight. hang in there girl. you are not crazy. I had to buy bigger jeans today. I am barely holding onto my emotions and all the hard counseling work I did to get to this point and now this. sigh...but for me better to gain weight than to cry/sob/depression.

good luck to you. here's hoping the weight comes off ASAP. :roll:

#3 nrsk1

nrsk1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 31 March 2008 - 08:36 AM

Lost 10 kg... lost my boo.... I'm starting to eat again! Now 45 kg... hope it gets better.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users