Photo

Just Beginning Taper, Bead Counting Advice?

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#31 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:18 PM

I feel much more like myself today! The head fuzziness is waning. I'm still sweaty but if that's the worst I've got, I am solid!

#32 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 September 2019 - 01:24 PM

Great. 3 days off and doing well. If it stays like this for another 3 or 4 weeks I would say you are in the clear. Very optimistic here.

#33 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 September 2019 - 03:04 PM

Very jealous here!! LOL

But joking aside - very well done dear girl. Even a smooth Cymbalta withdrawal can be bad!

#34 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 September 2019 - 08:37 PM

Thank you both so much for the support!! ❤ I'm trying to stay positive and hoping we stay on this level

#35 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 30 September 2019 - 05:01 AM

So it's been a week now! A lot of the head fuzziness has started to dissipate. When I went to my chiropractor that seemed to help with that and the headache a LOT. The nausea has been subsiding too. Now it's a lot of emotional distress (I keep crying, like full-on sobbing, for no real reason), still sweating and nightmares. What's interesting is what I read about the nightmares other people had was that they were more of a horror movie gore fest. Those are normal nightmares for me, and since I have been weaning off this my nightmares have been much more realistic. No monsters or blood but people I love coming into the dream and then dying or leaving and just dealing with emotionally processing the loss. I've never had dreams like this but it seems to reflect my current emotional state!

#36 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:50 AM

The change in nightmares is related to the change in the emotion centers in the brain and will fade with time. At least no blood!! lol

#37 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 September 2019 - 04:44 PM

Absolutely, they can interfere regardless and there is very little - if any - control and/or influence you can have over them. We are at the mercy of the emotional centres which Hat mentions, and whilst sleep is a requirement in flushing cerebral fluid through the brain to keep its function - esp during withdrawal, what happens during those REM cycles can be very odd indeed!

#38 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:31 AM

I know I should be very grateful that this is the worst I'm experiencing but MY GOD I AM SO SWEATY! Lol But seriously, that is really the only thing that has been terrible. I've had a low grade headache almost every day but it's more annoying than very painful, and the occasional scalp tinglies still, and kind of erratic sleep. But no pain, no vomiting or flu symptoms, no horrible nausea or anything like that. So far still so good!! 

#39 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:32 AM

Really sorry for your issues. Hang in there.

#40 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 09 October 2019 - 01:27 PM

Far better to be annoying that be in pain... keep going!!

#41 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 11 October 2019 - 04:39 AM

I agree 100%!! The longer this goes on the more confident I feel. How long until I can assume I'm in the clear? Another 2 weeks or so?

#42 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:10 AM

I would say when you have been off the Cymbalta and feeling fairly well for at last 2 weeks you can consider being over the hump. However, you will be very susceptible to stress, alcohol, exercise, etc for up to one year. Work your way back into life slowly.

#43 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,211 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 October 2019 - 05:35 PM

Yes - complacency can be a sneaky b*stard. Even after a few weeks, but like Hat said, if you remain on your guard, you should do well. There still may well be ups and downs to follow, but the pits and troughs will even out to a plateau.

Wishing you all the best. 

#44 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 16 October 2019 - 05:00 AM

Thank you both so so much for talking me through this ❤

#45 LeVana

LeVana

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:40 AM

Hi Melissa,

how are you, currently?

greetz

#46 LeVana

LeVana

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 130 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 19 October 2019 - 11:42 AM

Oh, I didn't read last page ^^ sorry
Best wishes to you!

#47 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 04:34 AM

Hi LeVana! I'm doing okay thank you! It'a been a few weeks and I hope I am able to say I'm through the worst of it. :)

#48 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 06:08 AM

Hi Melissa

So glad you are doing OK after coming off. I have been following your progress as I was in Duloxetine (Cymbalta) for 4 weeks before deciding to come off. I am down to 25 beads today and planning to drop a bead a day until I get to the last 10, then I will go slower.

What sort of withdrawals did you have please, if you don't mind me asking? I have gastric issues, shortness of breath and a bit of anxiety, but nothing I can't cope with. Will be so glad when I'm off it.

Thanks.

Polly

#49 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:47 AM

Hi Polly! I'm certainly not the expert on this but I think your plan sounds as safe as you can get.

I personally went a little faster with the taper and I had some nausea and headaches and weird scalp tingling, restless sleep and nightmares, and some mood fluctuations. I was also really tired as a result. And I was SO SWEATY. It took a few weeks for that to subside but for the most part I feel more or less back to normal now! And I think because I took my tapering on the slower side I didn't get anyyhing I couldn't handle, either.

It's crazy that you're experiencing any withdrawal symptoms at all after being on it for only 4 weeks. I know it isn't uncommon but still, what a horrible drug this is to come off of. I hope your taper goes smoothly and none of your symptoms escalate past what they are now! I wouldn't have had half the courage I did if it weren't for support I received here so please feel free to update and reach out as you need or want!

#50 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 06:14 AM

Thanks Melissa.

So glad you are almost fully recovered . It gives me hope! It is ridiculous that I was only on this horrible drug for 4 weeks and it's taking me much much longer to come off! Having said that, the doctors tried me on several other ADs before this one which hasn't helped either as my poor brain hasn't got a clue what is going on!

Will keep updating with my progress.

Julia

#51 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 October 2019 - 08:47 AM

Hi Polly! I'm certainly not the expert on this but I think your plan sounds as safe as you can get.

I personally went a little faster with the taper and I had some nausea and headaches and weird scalp tingling, restless sleep and nightmares, and some mood fluctuations. I was also really tired as a result. And I was SO SWEATY. It took a few weeks for that to subside but for the most part I feel more or less back to normal now! And I think because I took my tapering on the slower side I didn't get anyyhing I couldn't handle, either.

It's crazy that you're experiencing any withdrawal symptoms at all after being on it for only 4 weeks. I know it isn't uncommon but still, what a horrible drug this is to come off of. I hope your taper goes smoothly and none of your symptoms escalate past what they are now! I wouldn't have had half the courage I did if it weren't for support I received here so please feel free to update and reach out as you need or want!

That is an interesting comment you made Me1issa. I have seen people who have been on it 2 weeks with bad withdrawal and I know of several who have quit it cold turkey after being on it for several years and had NO withdrawal.

#52 me1issa

me1issa

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 05:48 AM

Right? I wasn't on it myself for that long, either, but that was one of the things that scared me. People in conversation casually kept telling me it would be okay since it hadn't been in my system that long, but everything I read, as well as the pharmacist, told me that Cymbalta is different than most drugs that way. Luckily I did okay. Hopefully Polly you do too!

#53 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 24 October 2019 - 06:10 AM

Thanks Melissa. My stomach and the shortness of breath are really playing up today! Not sure whether to plough on or stay at 22 beads for a few days.

Can't wait until I am off this🙄

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users