fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:03 PM

DT

My dr started me off on 5 mg of Zoloft for 4 weeks. No help. I went to 25 mg for 4 weeks, no help, then 50 mg and then 100 mg but when I made it to 150 mg I finally got relief.

Quite a few members have microdosed with 5 mg of Prozac (including me) and some with success. One thing I have noticed about member experiences with the addition of Prozac, it very frequently does not work or "poops out" quickly.

Frog

I found your comment on rebound anxiety interesting This was a common stance taken by Eli Lilley during the original lawsuits and severed them well until doctors started prescribing Cymbalta for pain. Most of the people coming off of Cymbalta for pain had no psychiatric history so their symptoms could not be rebound anxiety. The judges started saying "hold on" this is withdrawal and you are responsible. It was common for these people experienced 6 to 12 months of withdrawal just like we have been through.

#62 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 January 2020 - 06:35 PM

This is some really interesting stuff DT - I am very interested. This is very close to homeopathic theory. Giving the body just the little it needs and letting the bodies natural functions do the rest.Very pleased that it has cleared up a lot of the other stuff though - about bloody time right?!

Please do come back to us with the thoughts on the program when you feel you have some pertinent data...

#63 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 14 January 2020 - 07:03 PM

Frog

I found your comment on rebound anxiety interesting This was a common stance taken by Eli Lilley during the original lawsuits and severed them well until doctors started prescribing Cymbalta for pain. Most of the people coming off of Cymbalta for pain had no psychiatric history so their symptoms could not be rebound anxiety. The judges started saying "hold on" this is withdrawal and you are responsible. It was common for these people experienced 6 to 12 months of withdrawal just like we have been through.

Makes me wonder if I should try finding another doctor who has experience with this or just settle for my current. He's been pretty cautious about what he's prescribing which is good but I also don't feel like I can lean on him for any additional information or any alternatives to what I'm currently trying especially if he just thinks it's rebound anxiety rather than a process of the brain trying to level out. I had some anxiety before Cymbalta but it was pretty minimal and mostly confined to anxious thoughts rather than a crazy physical response like what I'm dealing with now

#64 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:01 AM

I don't think your current dr is different from most drs. They are just remarkably unaware of what is involved with this process.

#65 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 15 January 2020 - 10:19 AM

^^^ What he said!! ^^^

#66 frog

frog

Like a Family Member

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 681 posts

Posted 15 January 2020 - 01:47 PM

Thanks guys. I'll stick with him then for as long as he continues to prescribe what's working. I'm slightly worried that in another month or so if I'm still struggling with anxiety effects that he might decide that I have permanent anxiety that requires other meds and stop prescribing what I'm currently taking. I don't necessarily have any reason to expect this, so hopeful that it doesn't come to that. 

#67 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 January 2020 - 02:32 PM

Remember frog, he works for you. If he gets where he can't be worked with...Fire him.

#68 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 February 2020 - 01:31 PM

You have been on the Point of Return's therapy for 6 weeks now. What do you think?

#69 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 03:58 PM

Honestly I have noticed no difference from it....

#70 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:21 PM

Another update for the eBook...

#71 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 04:35 PM

Yah, sad to say. I mean I am sure some people have great luck. 

#72 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:02 PM

That has been such a problem on this site. There has not been any pattern on what works and what doesn't. Ugghh.

#73 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:07 PM

Yes I know! Bothersome. So much trial and error for everyone. I am going to a Homeopath on Friday and will report back. I know this could be hit or miss but honestly I've lost all faith in going to an actual Md at this point.

#74 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:27 PM

Yes I know! Bothersome. So much trial and error for everyone. I am going to a Homeopath on Friday and will report back. I know this could be hit or miss but honestly I've lost all faith in going to an actual Md at this point.

Worked for me DT.... Don't know what she did, but she got something right.

#75 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:43 PM

This is positive to hear - need all the positive right now. Ha. I have no more time for negative and it impedes my healing.

Also to note if this happens to work and is pure Placebo I DON'T CARE haha as the more research I do turns out Placebo can literally work. Oh, the human brain. 

#76 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 11 February 2020 - 05:47 PM

My homeopath insisted on NOT telling me what she puts in my remedies because she knows I would look it up on the internet :D :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users