#1 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 27 September 2019 - 09:50 PM

Hi everyone, i am going to split my dose tomorrow to take it 2x per day. It will be .02 a.m. and .02 p.m. When I take the .04 at once I pretty quickly become full of anger, listless, and irritated. When otcwears down later in the day, my mood mellows out. For reference, .04 is about 7mg, as 30 mg is .185. I use a digital scale. Easier than bead counting. Can you please remind me the supplements you might recommend and why/how they work. Also, any imput on this splitting the dose strategy is welcome! Thanks so much!

#2 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:44 AM

Will be interesting to hear how the split goes in terms of the mood stabalising.

Regarding supplements, these all depend on the symptoms you are feeling.... Nothing that is really necessary for supplementing a split dose.

#3 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 September 2019 - 07:54 AM

I would be quite willing to recommend supplements if I can know what your major symptoms are that you are concerned about.

#4 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:26 AM

Thanks for responding. My symptoms before splitting are: irritability, trouble sleeping at night, hyper vigilance, difficulty multi tasking, everything sounds too loud, and lights feel too bright. Some blurry vision at times. Feeling like I am spinning or a little dizzy. With a half life of 12 hours I believe, I am hoping that slitting my dose with ease the anger and irritability I feel shortly after taking the Cymbalta.

#5 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 11:31 AM

Worth mentioning I take 10 mg of lexapro which I am going to split today also. Hydroxyzine 10mg/2× a day for allergies and xanax as needed. I try to keep xanax as a last resort but find I cannot sleep just now without .5 mg. I am way down from 3mg of xanax at one time and super happy about this accomplishment! I also have some strange prickly feelings in the soles of my feet.

#6 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 September 2019 - 04:40 PM

Doing well.. Interesting, hydroxyzine 10 mg twice a day? The minimum therapeutic dose for anxiety or sleep is 50 mg per dose. 10 mg shouldn't do much for you. Hydroxyzine is frequently prescribed for sleep and the recommended dose is 50 mg before bedtime. The max dose is 100 mg 4 times a day so you can see that you are at a very low dose.

#7 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 September 2019 - 06:02 PM

Fh, thx that's good to know going forward...I'm on this low dose for allergies ... but perhaps it may be utilized as you said for sleep/anxiety management and kill two birds with one stone.

#8 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:01 AM

Does anyone know of any negative reactions with butternut squash? I am keeping a food journal and notice the coincidence of a bad mood plunge with consumption of it last week, and again today following a bowl of it for dinner. I read it has a very high percentage of Vitamin A. Could be a coincidence I suppose but I am going to avoid eating it because of how poorly I feel this morning. Yesterday splitting my dose went well and will do again today. Ty

#9 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:11 AM

Yes there is a reaction that does exist with some people on squash. I will post it in a minute.

#10 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 September 2019 - 08:13 AM

Curcurbitacins are found in Zicchini, winter squash, cucumbers, pumpkins and melons. Significant amounts in these foods will make them tase bitter.Phytates and phytic acid bind minerals and inhibit many digestive enzymes. Do not eat high amounts of grains, legumes and nuts. This especially applies to tofu. Toxic effects are fairly common in vegetarians/ Soaking or fermentation can destroy the phytates .Cucurbitacins impart a bitter taste in plant foods and any such food tasting bitter should be discarded.

http://www.ohsu.edu/...ters/squash.pdf
Curcurbitacins can cause a condition called Toxic Squash Syndrome. See above reference for details.

http://cuke.hort.ncs...06/cgc6-37.html
A Report of Cucurbitacin Poisonings in Humans
This laboratory, however, was recently consulted about a number of cases of human poisoning over the period of a year from the consumption of commercially produced zucchini (Cucurbita pepo L.) in Australia. Characteristic symptoms included a bitter taste in the mouth, stomach cramps, diarrhea and occasionally collapse (Mr. M. Herrington, Horticulturist Redlands Horticultural Research Station, Queensland, Australia, personal communication). In one case after five people consumed approximately 700 g each of zucchini within a 6 hour period, two people collapsed and the others suffered severe cramps and diarrhea. The consumption of bitter tasting zucchini prior to the onset of symptoms implicated cucurbitacins.

https://www.thelocal...r-in-heidelberg
Pathologists found cucurbitacin in the stomach of a 79-year-old man who died in Germany, shortly after eating a casserole containing zucchini he had received from a neighbor.

https://www.research...eraria_Toxicity
Bitter Bottled Gourd Toxicity.

http://medind.nic.in...cat11i5p233.pdf
Gastrointestinal toxicity due to bitter bottle gourd
(Lagenaria siceraria)─a report of 15 cases

http://www.ptleader....04a407a6fa.html
In November, four local people became ill after eating a small amount of delicate squash, a vegetable that looks like a small green-and-white-striped pumpkin.
http://www.nzherald....bjectid=1090496
In January, a naturally occurring toxin, cucurbitacin, produced by zucchini plants to deter pests, reached dangerous levels in some plants due to unusual weather.

And dozens more...

#11 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:07 PM

I posted earlier to say a giant THANK U!!! It didn't show up somehow. I have almost fully metabolized the b.squash by now, though some latent effects are felt. Other than that, I am handling the split doses very well. Day 2 on split doses in tge books! Good night from U.S.:)

#12 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 29 September 2019 - 09:25 PM

The butternut squash was not at all bitter which is puzzling but nonetheless, I will never eat it again given the terrible reaction the last 2 times I ate it. I missed the connection the first time I ate last week...because it coincided with the start of my period and I chalked it up to PMS, but it was unlike anything I have EVER experienced except once when a medication did not agree with me. Best described as barely containable rage and turmoil. I hope tomorrow to be fully over it. I will be proceeding with great caution and conservativism should I try any other squash/zucchini etc. in the future.

#13 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 September 2019 - 09:47 AM

Don't feel bad, it is a common sight in the ER. You are not alone in that experience.

#14 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 September 2019 - 10:45 AM

Thanks f.h. hope you have a wonderful day:) you make all of our lives brighter on this web site. Enjoy!

#15 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 October 2019 - 03:47 PM

Hi HrK. How are you doing with splitting the dose? I'm going to start splitting my dose tomorrow and am quite nervous. Thanks.

#16 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 13 October 2019 - 04:55 PM

Polly it has helped me tremendously! I'm much less agitated after the one "big" dose, by splitting doses. Please, let me know how you did today.

#17 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:17 AM

Hi Hrk360.

I started splitting the dose yesterday. So far, I feel OK in myself but I have got a horrible pain behind my breastbone, which is going through to my back and am burping a lot. It was because of this that I split the

#18 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:21 AM

Sorry I pressed post too soon.

It was because of this I split the dose. Did it take a few days to settle down for you? Thanks

#19 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 14 October 2019 - 09:41 PM

Hi Polly, I was very fortunate to have a fairly smooth transition to the split dose. I did a rather ambitious reduction schedule the several months leading up to it and I'm on pause for the next 3-4 months as in, no more reductions or changes. My body and mind is still playing catch up to all the changes of the past 12+ months and that is ok. I never had any burping but perhaps some pain in my chest related to anxiety in my case. I hope the split dose helps soften the effects of Cymbalta for you, as it has for me.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users