130 replies to this topic

#61 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:05 PM

Thanks IUN. I have never known pain like this before. Childbirth pain was easier than this and that's saying something (sorry TMI!!).

I've never had any addiction issues so if this carries on I may look at the Kratom. Unfortunately I can't take anything stronger than paracetamol as it sends me a bit loopy! As if I'm not already. Lol.

Will keep you posted. Thanks.

Hope you are having a calmer day and the Valerian is working.

#62 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:23 PM

My goodness you do need help! Paracetamol is very weak stuff and doesn't usually get people very far, which is why it is used more for a blood thinner more than anything else. 

Please do keep us all posted - I don't like you going through all the suffering... :(

This morning was tough, but managed work and Tesco just fine. Need rest now!

#63 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 14 October 2019 - 03:50 PM

Thanks IUN. I've got Codeine the doctor prescribed a while ago. May try that tomorrow if I'm desperate. Is it OK to take with the Dulox? I wouldn't take it until I'm home from work tomorrow in case I react to it.

Glad you've had a better day

#64 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 14 October 2019 - 04:15 PM

Yes - is fine with the Dulox. Good idea to try when home from work in the first instance. It is the precursor to morphine, so when it gets through the liver it becomes the same stuff which is why it is stronger. Start low in case there is a problem and work up from there. 

#65 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 06:32 AM

Hi. Still feeling terrible today. Was awake during the night with the pains around my back and chest.

They came on worse after I took my Lansoprazole tablet this morning 😢. I have been googling (I know I shouldn't) and quite a few people have had the same reaction as me when taking Lansoprazole, so I'm beginning to wonder if it's that! I'm not going to taking anymore so will see if it goes off.

My current symptoms are pain/discomfort in my shoulders, under my arms and through to my back which is making me feel uptight and hard to take a deep breath again. I am also shaking and feeling hot and cold on and off. Could this be withdrawal though? Don't know what to do anymore. Thanks.

#66 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:23 AM

I looked at the FDA website and there were no reports of shoulder or back pains with Lansoprazole.

#67 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 October 2019 - 10:47 AM

Thanks FH. The comments I saw were on the Patient.com website from people who had similar symptoms while they were on Lansoprazole.

From what you just put on my other post, it could be withdrawal too. Confused.com 🙄

#68 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 07:30 AM

Hi. Me again with an update.

Day 2 of the drop (by one bead) to 28 beads (14 in the morning and 14 at night). I woke up with the pain behind my breastbone again and it has been radiating into my left shoulder - which has been agony at work. I also have the shortness of breath and am burping a lot again. I have been looking at other's experiences and it seems that both are common in withdrawal, which is awful😟.

I cannot take any more time off work (as I have already had 3 months off this year) so should I power on with the reduction of one bead a day for a while, until I get to 10 beads and then take it slower? Or should I hold for a while again? No brain zaps at the moment (and never I hope!!).The way I see it is that I'm going to suffer this agony whether I hold or whether I keep going so advice would be appreciated.

Thanks very much.

#69 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:35 AM

Hold where you are at until it passes. when you for two or three days with few issues then drop another bead. Vin had to go this slow also as have many others. These last few beads are really tough.

#70 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:54 AM

Thanks FH. This really is more tortuous than I thought it was going to be😢

#71 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 08:56 AM

Is there anything else I can take for the withdrawals? I'm taking Omega 3, Vitamin C and Ashwaganda

#72 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:19 AM

There are many other things. perhaps one of the best is Suntheanine which is the purist form of L-theanine. Besides the pain what is your main symptoms you are dealing with.

Have you ever tried an Advil LIQUID BLUE GELCAPs Cocktail for pain? The ebook has the recipe and it is suppose to really work but it shouldn't be used to often as it can be tough on the liver. The ebook contains details on side effects, drug interactions, etc.

#73 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:35 AM

Thanks FH. I tried Suntheanine for a few days but thought it was making me feel worse- but it was probably the withdrawals and I didn't take it long enough. Will try it again. Can you take Suntheanine and Ashwaganda? My main symptoms are pain behind my breastbone and into my shoulders which is causing anxiety and I have shortness of breath again. Will look into the Advil but have never taken it before.

Will the Suntheanine help with the symptoms I've got? Thanks

#74 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 October 2019 - 10:58 AM

Like all supplements and meds it helps some and not others. It should help your anxiety. I would say give it a week and if there is not a big change then it probably won't help.

"Can you take Suntheanine and Ashwaganda? " Yes

When you have tried the Suntheanine and if it does not help there are other things and we can discuss them at that time.

#75 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 12:10 PM

Thank you. Is there a best time of day to take Suntheanine? Could I try it this evening? Sorry for all the questions.

Am feeling very down about it all today and had a massive cry (meltdown)earlier. Thanks so much.

#76 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 October 2019 - 02:00 PM

Anytime is OK. Most take 100 mg every 4 to 6 hours but you may have to play with it some to see what works best for you.

#77 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 October 2019 - 03:34 PM

Wow - Hat has been doing his usual bang up job of answering the questions here while I have been at work, and have nothing really to add, but my concern is one of whether the withdrawal is exacerbating (can you believe that autocorrect changed that to "masturbating"!!!) the pain-felt symptoms. There is the question of whether the presence in the system is causing it to persist and whether a steady by slow withdrawal may be the way forward. Given that Pol doesn't have any of the usual suspects (brain zaps etc), it might be that is an alternative - after all - can the pain get worse? Famous last words, but it is something that I am pondering... 

#78 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:06 PM

Hi IUN.

Hope you've had a better day? That autocorrect can certainly come up with some words! Do you think I should do a quicker withdrawal then? The pain and shortness of breath seem to be getting worse😟. Don't know what to do anymore 🤷‍♀️.

ForLyla said she thinks supplements could be making the pain worse. I've had 2 Ashwaganda today and they don't really seem to have made much difference. Too scared to try the Suntheanine tonight tok. Aaaaargh! I could scream with frustration

#79 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:16 PM

Frustration is the right word. What does great doesn't help the next person at all and the third person who tries it has an allergic reaction. Spin the wheel and see where the arrow lands.

#80 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 17 October 2019 - 04:16 PM

I would value Hat's opinion on what I have outlined... and chew over the possibles here. The best thing we can do is go on what has happened previously given the extent of the other symptoms. It is so hit and miss as I have said...

Today for me was a rough start, but had no choice but to work... and go shopping!! Very tired and about to jump in the bath!!

But you scream away if you need to sausage. Suntheanine rarely causes issues - just start low around 100mg and anything above 400mg at a time is wasted...

#81 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:08 AM

Hi FH and IUN

Any idea how long the shortness of breath is likely to last please? For me this is the worst and most irritating symptom. No brain zaps or anything else.

Thanks.

#82 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:25 AM

Usually 4 to 6 weeks but it varies some.

#83 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

Thanks FH. Not sure how long I've had it but it's at least 3 weeks. I need to keep a daily log of withdrawal symptoms.

Hope you are well.

#84 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 October 2019 - 12:25 PM

I really feel for you Polly as I know that the longer these symptoms continue, the worst they are from a psychosomatic perspective. Even when they start to abate, the length of time they have been with you can make it feel just as bad, if not worse.

Sunday is never a good day as there are no commitments and thoughts can be easily carried away....

#85 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

Thanks IUN. Did you suffer from this when you were withdrawing?

#86 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 October 2019 - 01:55 PM

Yes - of sorts. But mine was after I had my last dose. I was one of the ones who hit the worst patch when I reached the end. It was around 3 weeks after last dose and it was a series of mornings when I simply couldn't breathe properly. I would wake up and it would be there almost straight away. Similar to you, I felt I had to "think" to breathe, regardless of the fact that I knew my brain did it all on its own, I still felt as though I had to control it. This resulted in shallow breathing and all sorts of anxiety.

Regarding the pain, I remember when my doctor took me off citalopram cold turkey a while back, and I had an almost constant pain at the base of my throat/collarbone area. Difficult to explain the exact pain, but it really freaked me out and lasted all summer.

#87 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:24 PM

Thanks IUN. I've got that pain in my collarbone now and again. I will stick with reducing down again and go to 24 tomorrow.

Hope you've had a good day

#88 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,212 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:48 PM

Duvet day this end - not feeling the best....

Keep us posted on how the 24 goes!

#89 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 October 2019 - 02:50 PM

Hope you feel better tomorrow🤞. Will keep you posted

#90 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 06:25 AM

Hi.

Sorry me again. The stomach pain and shortness of breath is still the same and it's starting to get me down😢.

I am at 24 beads. Should I power through and keep lowering the dose as I have a feeling this is going to keep happening whether I lower or not. Really don't know what to do. Is there anything I can take to help the symptoms? Have been trying Lansoprazole, which hasn't worked, so am now trying Ranitidine again.

Thanks.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users