130 replies to this topic

#91 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:20 AM

If they are not getting any worse, then I would keep going. As I said before, it can often seem worse the longer it goes on. I do think it is the presence of the Dulox that is causing a lot of these issues....

#92 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 07:28 AM

Thanks very much IUN. Hope you're having a good day.

#93 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 04:23 AM

Hi. The heartburn pain behind my breastbone is still taking my breath away! Is this normal in withdrawal? We are away for the weekend a d I haven't eaten particularly well, so this probably isn't helping.

Just need some reassurance that this is normal please. It feels sore behind my breastbone and that there is a lot of air in my chest! No other withdrawals.

Thank you.

#94 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:29 AM

Not unusual but it is lasting longer than most.

Is it better or worse than 2 weeks ago?

#95 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:34 AM

I'd say worse and I've stayed at 22 beads for a few days. Should I go down again? Thanks

#96 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2019 - 07:42 AM

Each time you do a drop does it get worse?

#97 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 08:40 AM

It gets worse when I hold at a dose. I also feel agitated, itchy and short of breath but that's because I think I am worrying about it and making myself feel worse. We have been away with friends for a night and it's like my body can't cope with it, which is so unlike me!

Would Suntheanine help with any of these symptoms? I only tried it for about 3 days a couple of weeks ago a d thought it was making things worse, but I'm not so sure now.

Thank you.

#98 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2019 - 09:09 AM

Usually if it gets worse after a drop it is a withdrawal symptom and will fade with time. When you drop again the symptom will get worse and slowly fade with time again. If it is a side effect it will get better each time you do a drop. Sounds more like a withdrawal symptom. The agitation, itchy and short of breath are common withdrawal symptoms. All will fade in time.

The Suntheanine usually helps the agitation but 3 days is enough to tell if it will work or not How many mg a day were you using?

The diaper cream helps the itching crawling feeling and breathing exercises help the breathing problems. There are other things you can try if the Suntheanine didn't help the agitation.

#99 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:36 AM

Thanks. I took 10mg of Suntheanine twice a day. Should I carry on with dropping a bead a day? I have been on 22 beads for the last 3 days

#100 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:46 AM

I would try the Suntheanine again first. The normal dose is around 100 mg 3 or 4 times a day. 10 mg would have no effect. You should be able to tell in 2 or 3 days if it is helping. I would suggest changing only one thing at a time so you can be sure what is causing any changes.

#101 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 10:52 AM

Thanks very much Fishinghat. I'll stay on 22 beads for another few days and try the Suntheanine. Can I take Suntheanine and Ashwaganda?

#102 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:03 PM

Woh - yes - 10mg would do nothing Polly! As Hat said, 300mg over the space of the day is considered a dose to see some effects for this level of withdrawal, although 600mg is still safe, but do not start with that of course! Wondering how you found 10mg capsules?!

No harm in combining with Ashwagandha but I would stick to one at a time so you can see which is having the desired (or undesired) effect... unless you are already taking Ashwagandha? I forget if you have already said - apologies!

Well done for getting up and out for your evening away. That is superior courage - very proud of you Polly. Very happy to say that despite feeling run down, my depression has lifted somewhat today. Nice to know that it can sod off from time to time :D

#103 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:28 PM

Hi IUN!

Glad you're feeling better, that's great news!

Sorry I don't think I explained it very well. The 10mg was a typo. I have 100mg capsules of Suntheanine and too 2 capsules a day, only for about 2 days, maybe 3, so I didn't give it much of a chance.

I think I pushed myself a bit too hard whilst I was away as I feel horrible this evening- bad heartburn and short of breath mostly. Will try the suntheanine tomorrow instead of the Ashwaganda.

Thanks!

#104 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:34 PM

Hey Pol...

The typo makes sense!! Yes, I would take 3 x 100mg per day and give it a good 5 days to see any improvement. 

What are your manufacturer of Ashwagandha (do you have a link?) and what dose are you taking? I think we need to talk about this first before moving to theanine in case there are some adjustments we can make.

Tough call on getting on with your social life and not wanting to push yourself. I have been over to see a friend today, plus husband, plus cat, dog, four kids and one of the kids had a friend over - so it was a packed house! Two hours of that and picking up milk has done it for me!!

Again, well done for your evening out petal...

#105 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 01:53 PM

Thanks IUN and well done on your day out!

Here is the link to the Ashwaganda. I've been taking 2 a day.

https://www.amazon.c...s/dp/B076VRKPCD

I've been taking Ranitidine for the heartburn issues but it's not really helping. Have taken 2 Ashwaganda today and have dropped the Omega 3 for the last couple of days to see if that was causing the heartburn but it isn't that so will re-start it. Would dropping the Omega 3 have made things worse?

Sorry for all the questions!! Thanks.

#106 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:23 PM

Typically the Omega 3 does not contribute to heartburn but gas and stomach rolling can occur if it is not enteric coated. Now having said that, the non-enteric coated does give me heartburn after about 2 weeks on it but my stomach can be a sensitive monster. lol

#107 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

OK - so you have stadardised KSM-66 which is the best you can get. If anything is going to work, this would do it, and 2 or 3 a day would be the dose I would expect results from. In which case, if you have not had anything in the form of improvement after 2 weeks on this, then I would say it is a dead end. A shame, but doesn't work for everyone.

#108 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 02:58 PM

Thanks IUN. I have been taking it twice a day consistently for about 5 or 6 days - before that I was only taking it once a day for a week. Should I ditch it now and try the Suntheanine and stay at 22 beads for now then whilst I try the Suntheanine?

Thanks

#109 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:06 PM

I would suggest you only change one thin g at a time. Go to the Suntheanine for 3 or 4 days, then you can decide on dropping the Ashw… or not and then you can see how you feel and maybe drop a bead. Just my opinion.

#110 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

Hmmm... I would give the Ashwagandha a few more days at this dose as it can take this long to notice effects. If we introduce anything into the mix now, we will not know what is causing what.

However, Hat's suggestion has given me an idea...

What you could do, is compound the Ashwagandha WITH the Suntheanine (no harm in taking them together). They should, if anything, compliment each other. So... continue the Ashwagandha until next weekend, and if there is still no noticeable benefit, then add 50mg Suntheanine three times a day (just in case there is a reaction). If after 3 days there is still nothing, step this up to 100mg three times a day. If STILL nothing, you do have the option of going as far as 200mg three times a day - this is perfectly safe. But that would be a limit. 

There would be no real sense in dropping the Ashwagandha to see if they are causing the Suntheanine to not work as they are two exclusive compounds and one wouldn't prevent the other from working effectively.

What do you think Hat?

#111 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:18 PM

Thanks IUN and I value both yours and Fishinghat's opinion.

So my plan is to stay at 22 beads for a couple of days, take Suntheanine 3 times a day - and should I carry on with the Ash alongside this? I promise that's my last question 😁

#112 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:22 PM

Yes - carry on with the Ashwagandha at the same time. You can take them at the same time as well if that makes it easier, but remember that Ashwagandha is best absorbed with fats. If nothing else is to hand, a bit of chocolate or a small glass of milk will suffice.

Might be worth noting that suntheanine can lower blood pressure, so along with fish oil (which can also lower blood pressure), just be aware in case you suffer from low pressure. We are talking marginal statistics here, but just letting you know all the same as you seem to be coming out with some of the weirder symptoms :D

#113 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 03:30 PM

Thanks again. I am definitely a weird one!😁🙄.

My blood pressure is always on the low side of normal so I will be careful. May leave the Omega 3 out still for a few days whilst I try the Ash and Suntheanine.

Will keep you posted. Thanks as ever for your help!

#114 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 October 2019 - 04:06 PM

Good idea under the circumstances.

Look forward to hearing some results. Hope you have a good rest tomorrow after your brave little excursion this weekend!

#115 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,893 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 October 2019 - 04:09 PM

IUN's idea is a good one. No problem with that.

#116 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 26 October 2019 - 04:46 PM

Thank you both! Hope you have a peaceful Sunday

#117 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

Hey Pol....

What's the latest? Did you recover well after your weekend do? 

What's the forecast on the mid-week symptoms ?

#118 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Hi IUN.

I was a bit tired on Sunday but felt better. After no heartburn pain yesterday and breathing worse, the pain was back again today and quite uncomfortable🤔. Still carrying on with the Suntheanine and Ashwaganda.

How are you doing?

#119 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,213 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 October 2019 - 04:55 PM

Hmmm. 5 days on the combination should see a peak level - keep going as you are and see if things level out a bit. It won't be a curse all, but hopefully some discomfort relieved...

I have been much better over the last few days, thank you. Today was really good apart from some exhaustion. Been really focusing on keeping my stress levels in check and meditating my ass off....

#120 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 30 October 2019 - 05:01 PM

Glad to hear you are feeling better IUN. You deserve a break!😁. If I can just get rid of this asthma like feeling, I will be happy! No brain zaps of anything else. On 20 beads now.

I did some meditation this evening too. It really helps.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users