Photo

Itchiness And Buglike Sensations!

• Please log in to reply
117 replies to this topic

#61 Guest_gardenlady_*

Guest_gardenlady_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 November 2019 - 07:34 PM

But people who are partial to benzos are partial to getting addicted. 

This statement shows your ignorance.  Nothing could be further from the truth.  You need to stop giving advice on this site as you are incompetent to do so.

Fishinghat, will you please intervene here as you, yourself, are tapering a benzo????

#62 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 01 November 2019 - 08:39 PM

An issue of semantics here. If someone is partial to something, they are fond of it. Therefore, if that person is fond of a benzo - like someone is "partial to an alcoholic drink", they are by definition partial to addiction. There are people who overuse such drugs above and beyond medicinal purpose. This was not aimed at those such as Hat and yourself (and me for that matter!) who have taken them responsibly.

Under consideration of the above, I will not mention Kratom on the site unless prior prompted by another user, or endorsed by a medicinal governing body such as the FDA. I also do not want Hat to be reduced to a mediator under these circumstances, nor do I wish to condone further actions whereby offence is taken by another member.

I would however appreciate a retraction of the above given my service to the forum. I do not speak to better my ego, but by the words of many members here, I have aided recovery in the giving of my advice. 

#63 LDN

LDN

Like a Family Member

• Site Supporter
  • 975 posts

Posted 01 November 2019 - 11:35 PM

Hi guys just to say let's remember we are in this together. We have all suffered, that is why we are on here. We are all healing. 

I think there may have been a misunderstanding here. We have may have different opinions on certain things, but as I say we are ultimately all here for the same reason which is to heal and help each other. 

IUN has personally helped me so much and is passionate about caring for people. He devotes so much energy to helping others on here. He has cared for and helped countless people on here. 

IUN I would beg you to stay on, from my perspective you have helped me beyond words!!  Again IUN I desperately hope you decide to stay on! 

Gardenlady looking at your profile it looks like you have had one hell of journey with this poison! I wish you all the best, and a massive congrats for getting to 7mg!! Huge respect to you!! 

All the best to everybody healing!

#64 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:04 AM

As Gardenlady states the risks of Kratom are significant and while IUN is correct that there is a link to abuse if one is subject to getting addicted easily but that is not the point here. As LDN says, we are here to help each other. That is the one and only goal. Not all advice fits everyone. The final decision to accept advice is that of the one receiving the advice and is under no pressure in following that advice. The one providing the advice is only trying to help. Many have refused my advice over the years and that is fine. Each of us must make our own decision.

We have enough suffering in our lives so let us be kind to each other.

#65 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,894 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:20 AM

By the way while there is much documentation to show kratoms benefits there are also risks and research data is available for those interested in the ebook.

#66 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 November 2019 - 08:33 AM

I couldn't have put this into words myself, so my thanks to you both. 

There is indeed benefits and risks in the case of Kratom, and perhaps I am biased because I have only ever witnessed benefits in those I have helped. But as Hat said, this is not the point. Our work here is mutual in the benefit of others.

My apologies GardenLady that my words did not come across correctly earlier and I hope that we can move forward again, for the good of all those who share our forum.

• LDN likes this

#67 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 02 November 2019 - 04:57 PM

Hi everyone. I am glad to see people are sorting things out. We are all passionate in our desires to see everyone healthy and whole. That is something we can definitely agree on!! Thank you all for exercising your thoughts in a respectful way. Our support to each other and even in the midst of a difference of opinion should be something we strive for.

#68 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:02 PM

My ears are ringing like crazy. High stress and fatigue. Should improve after a nap. Itching persists.

#69 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 November 2019 - 05:32 PM

Sorry to hear of the continued tinnitus here Hrk, just try to keep that stress to an absolute minimum.

My thanks for your considered words on the prior anomalies, and my apologies that your thread was hijacked as a result!

#70 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 November 2019 - 11:46 PM

You are most welcome, Iun and absolutely no apologies needed. I'm so sad hearing and feeling us suffering out there/here...we are all looking for health and relief. I'm feeling like I'm falling backwards in space, in my chair where I am sitting. I'm begging God to help. Definitely time for bed!!!!

#71 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 November 2019 - 10:01 AM

Thanks Hrk... the above sounds like the ears again. It often affects the balance as well being part of the same area as the ringing etc..

#72 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 12:22 PM

End of week 7 for me. Was not on the last few days due to severe insomnia ended up in emergency but it was an 8 hour wait so I had to leave. It's all too long of a wait for me and I am not sure what they will tell me anyways. My eyes are blood shot and puffy and I'm very disoriented. I slept one night out of the last 5. Being kept awake with the hypnic jerks. Did everything I should for 3 hours prior to bed like no phone, food, no caffine in day, light exercise, coloring before bed, etc. Nothing worked. Does anyone know approx how long these jerks last in full blown mode like this. Also the skin sensations are much more faded. I see why they say they fade rather than stop abruptly because reslly theres no other way to describe it. That being said, I had so much arm tingling last night it felt soaking wet

#73 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 November 2019 - 02:28 PM

This sounds like a nightmare for you DT. Just looking through my notes and it seems that mine cleared up at the start of the year, so my day zero was the start of November, which means it was around 8 weeks or so. The severity fluctuated with the stresses of the time, so I did get off to sleep easier some days compared to others. 

As I said before, I still have them every once in a while before sleep, but I have muscle/full-body twitches several times during the day. Just like an electric current passing through me. They are split second, but very annoying. I always get them during meditation so it must has something to do with the same circuitry. I really hope I am not stuck with them for the rest of my life, but today is now a year since I stopped, so I am not sure. These things can take up to 2 years, but I sincerely hope the severity of your own abates soon. 

#74 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 03 November 2019 - 04:58 PM

Okay thats good to know. I am 7 weeks since my last bead. Would it be safe ish to assume I am mid withdrawal atleast for the constant physical symptoms

#75 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:09 PM

Unfortunately no-one can say for sure, and we can but offer educated guesses based on what we have seen before. I remember I also had adrenal problems and was very weak. I couldn't see an end to it, and Hat told me it would be around the three month mark, and he was spot on. That is when it went. But no-one could have told me that I would still be having seizures a year later...

Bottom line is that symptoms DO dissipate proportionally over time, it is just a question of how long that time will be. I would like to say that after 3 months you will be looking back with relief, which means yes, you are around half-way. But there may be remnants of symptoms which continue to the 6 month, or in my case, the 12 month mark.

Wish I could be less vague, but we are not a forum which panders to those types that say "only positive responses please". These people have their head in the sand and need to know the truth. It is no good throwing false hopes at people. In place, we offer all the support we can muster whilst speaking the truth.

We're here for you the whole way DT... hang in there...

#76 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 03 November 2019 - 05:37 PM

DT did you do a slow taper?

#77 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:54 PM

Thanks for the response yes it really could be any amount of time. And being that I get windows of being symptom free already I'm confident that is is leaving slowly but SURRLY. Bah. Exhausting. I also feel beyond exhausted physically. All so lame. And to answer your question HRk I was only on Cymbalta for a few weeks and then yes did do a bead count taper over a few more weeks. I may have rushed the end a little bit. I have it more detailed on my original post . How are you doing with the itching and crawling?

#78 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:47 PM

DT... wanted to mention that I am going through some very strange symptoms at the moment related to all this. Most mornings I am waking way too early and when I try to get back to sleep, the point at which I start to hit sleep, just like with the hypnic jerk, I get something akin to a very short sharp panic. There is no jerk to speak of, just this split second panic. This of course renders me stuck getting back to sleep, but too tired to get up and start moving. It really is torture - not quite as bad as yours as I do get some sleep, but it really messes my days up at the moment.

My thoughts are that my stress has got to a point that the cortisol levels are just too much in the morning and I have become hypersensitive to even the smallest thing - including a change in respiratory response during this hypnagogic phase. I really don't know what to do and it is driving me crazy. I have upped my meditation schedule for now and see where that takes me. But valium does nothing and I am not prepared to throw more pills into the mix....

#79 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:55 PM

It is crazy how much the wake sleep cycle is affected like to the degrees that it is during this time. It makes sense it is just insane and really is torturous I hear you.you are probably right about high cortisol in the am as you seen my posts regarding the cortisol it can be crazy! How many weeks off are you now?

#80 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 04 November 2019 - 09:58 PM

Er... 53 weeks off!!

This is just the stress response to my every day life :)

#81 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 05 November 2019 - 01:21 PM

Ya it's like the stress response gets hay wire

#82 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:07 PM

Hi everybody I am about the same. Just saying helloooooooo and thinking of you all:)

#83 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 06 November 2019 - 08:38 PM

Bless you Hrk...

The whole stress thing is an absolute sod. I have improved as time has gone on, but still feel there is some distance to cover. But having an absolute joke of a support network here in the UK means I am more-or-less doing it on my own - apart from my "forum family" here. 

We can but keep going until we come out the other side.... one day... :)

#84 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:07 PM

Iun--- one day at a time is my mantra and also this too shall pass. I feel so alone yet I feel it somehow necessary so I will tap into the deep well of strength within me, the gift of the Holy Spirit et al. Friends and companions sure are nice to walk with. Some parts of this life are definitely solo,so to speak. It is hard and lonesome.

#85 DThiessen

DThiessen

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 06 November 2019 - 10:15 PM

Hrk yes the strength we can really draw from during this time is from Him. I hope u have a good night thanks for checking in

#86 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 07 November 2019 - 08:43 AM

Absolutely. We always have a friend in God. An unending pool of strength...

#87 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:21 PM

A lonely lonely day. I am very irritable so I stay away from most people a lot. Dogs are amazing though! Lol. I have my few close friends but even they are on my nerves. I feel like a jerk. Training myself to look for good things and positivity. My mind's default mode tends toward the negative at times and I am very conscious and working at redirecting this....

#88 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:31 PM

So here's some good things to share- I have gotten my hair a little lighter, my fibro pain is greatly reduced from a year ago, I finished a small but challenging side gig yesterday with help from God! for extra money, put in a good day's work today, made good food choices, treated myself to spicy yellowtail sushi, I am taking steps towards achieving my goal of full time self employment. I am making clear, achievable goals and moving forward. Getting extra rest. Went through the car wash today, which I love, encouraged someone today, took a hot bath, self care! Bought a pill minder and some other fun stuff at the dollar store, did some good deeds for others, and bought myself periwinkle gloves for the cold weather that's now here. Well done me :) Your turn!

#89 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,216 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 08 November 2019 - 04:12 PM

Good update Hrk... great to know when members are managing to get this sort of stuff done. I upgraded my front brakes and pads on my car yesterday, so sounds like we had a good week between us! Just don't do what I tend to do and go overboard after a good day thinking I am superman and untouchable!! LOL

#90 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 08 November 2019 - 10:30 PM

Yes, humility is key!! Easy to get puffed up and try to do too much too quick. Slow and steady. I am craving sugar like crazy. For 4-5 weeks now. Any ideas on this? Good hearing from you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users