#1 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 22 October 2019 - 02:54 PM

I am in need of community support from you. I have a counselor, and a Dr., but they cannot understand like you do. If anyone has it in them to encourage me, please do.

#2 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 22 October 2019 - 03:11 PM

Hi Hrk.

I'm here to talk. Are you tapering at the moment or are you off it now?

Polly

#3 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,215 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:18 PM

That's what we are here for Hrk... feel free to offload. 

I daren't look back through to my old posts during my withdrawal, but I would have been lost without my family here. 

Unless you have been through withdrawal, you don't know. It is that simple. You need to be in the company of those who have...

#4 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:
    Trying to get off of this poisonous drug. Need support and help!Down from 120mg to 7mg.
    Am currently taking 18 beads 2x per day. A split dose method. 4 am and 4 pm. Pausing to stabilize.

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:22 PM

There is a big time difference I think. That makes it a little more challenging. I am going to submit this message to see the timepost. Then write more

#5 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:30 PM

Ok so it says after 2 am, it is 8 pm my time, Tuesday. I am in the U.S. Anyways thanks for chiming in. I have been having a really rough go of it past few days. Polly and IUN THANK YOU for showing up here. F.H. thinking of you too for the support you have given me. I am on 20 beads both a.m. and 20 p.m. (40 per day) I am feeling extremely aggressive, agitated and angry. I have large patches of skin with a rash that is often itchy. It feels like there are tiny crawly mites on me especially on my face!!! Can you imagine?? And trying to go about my business, and not be a jerk to others? Lights are too bright, sounds are too loud, smells are too strong and offensive, and I often feel like i am viewing myself from the outside, or that I am stuck in my body. Weird, right???

#6 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 22 October 2019 - 08:38 PM

I have been on this 40 bead (split) for maybe 5 weeks. I am not changing anything in my doses until January. I have ringing in my ears too and body pains in my joints. Hydroxyzine does help somewhat and triminiclone (spelling?) cream by my Dr.s Rx helps too. Staying busy yet getting enough rest helps. Distancing self from high stress people as much as possible. Focusing on God instead of my problems is another way to cope. Lots of writing, some art therapy exercises, counseling, conversations with friends all help. Finally, one day at a time mindset is crucial. Trying to stay in the moment. Hot baths, naps..electric blankets....all good things. Send help.

#7 Polly38

Polly38

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 23 October 2019 - 12:36 AM

Hi Hrk

So sorry you are having such a bad time. How long have you been on Duloxetine and what was your dose? I was only on 30mg for 1 week and 20mg for 4 weeks before tapering. Have been tapering for about 7 or 8 weeks now and am at 11 beads AM a d 11 beads PM.

It has been a very bumpy ride. For me the worst thing is heartburn, stomach pain and shortness of breath. I am dropping a bead a day until I get to the last 10 a d I will then slow down. The Duloxetine never agreed with me when I was on it so I want to get off as soon as I can but know I have to take it slowly.

It sounds like you are doing all the right things and I don't really have an answer but I just wanted you to know you're not alone and can vent on here any time. Did you say you are taking an antihistamine? If not, that should help. Ashwaganda (KSM-66) is also helping to calm me down.

Take care and I hope it all calms down for you very soon.

Polly

#8 Lovey

Lovey

Best Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts
  • LocationU.S.
  • why_joining:

Posted 23 October 2019 - 04:38 AM

Thx Polly. I have been on it for maybe 3+ years. Been weaning for a year. Highest dose was 120mg very briefly then 90mg briefly before settling on 60mg with the Dr. Was on 60mg when I began reducing seriously about a year ago, so its a big deal to be down to about 5mg a day now. It is a long, arduous journey. It is 4:30 a.m. here. so I will try to get a little more sleep. The symptoms are always heightened the week before period which is this week, so there's that. Where are you all in the world? U.K?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users