#1 Polly38

Polly38

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 12:28 PM

Hi

Just a quick update- I have added Suntheanine to the Ashwaganda and it is definitely helping to make me feel calmer. If I can just sort my stomach and breathing issues out, it would be a much easier journey!

The breathing issue is that I feel like I have to keep taking a deep breath to get air in. My stomach feels as if someone is twisting my insides and some heartburn. Can anyone suggest anything for either of these please? Or do I have to just ride it out?

Thanks.

#2 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,504 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:16 PM

Hi Pol....

Really glad to hear that our little plan worked out combining the both. I would like to say that a few days of being calmer should offset some of the other symptoms purely as they are a result of intolerant stress levels courtesy of the withdrawal. It may be a case that it still remains, but as they say, half a loaf is better than none at all!

Hat would be the one to suggest stomach stuff. What he doesn't know about that area isn't worth knowing. I can't really add any more than what has already been gone through...

IUN

#3 Polly38

Polly38

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:20 PM

Thanks IUN. Will carry on with the plan. Hope you've had a good day.

#4 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,504 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 October 2019 - 03:59 PM

Much better day thank you. Odd that I have got better over last three days of stopping homeopathic remedy. 

I'll give it a few more days as I need a rest and then will strap myself in for another try. Still have stressful mornings though.

#5 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 October 2019 - 04:55 PM

Gas-x helps with gas issues if taken about 30 minutes before a meal. Pepto or kao pectate for an upset stomach (unless constipated), do NOT drink anything cold or hot when your stomach is upset, a heating pad on the stomach can help, eat smaller meals but more often, a simple antacid  like Tums is OK if taken at least 2 hours from any medication. If diarrhea then Imodium works very well. I have even taken a 1/2 tablet of Imodium for and upset stomach even if no diarrhea. Don't take Imodium for an extended period as it can cause constipation.

#6 Polly38

Polly38

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 08:22 AM

Thanks FH. The stomach pain has eased a lot today. I still feel I am having to breathe really deeply. I don't seem to have any control over it though and can only calm it down when I am at home relaxing or doing guided meditation. It's quite hard when I'm at work. Is this normal?

The Ashwaganda and Suntheanine is making me feel spaced out but calm - which isn't a bad thing!

Thanks.

#7 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:48 AM

"It's quite hard when I'm at work. Is this normal?"

Quite normal. You are under more stress at work and thus it is harder to control. Try pausing for a second, close your eyes and take 3 deep breathes. That may help a little.

#8 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,504 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2019 - 09:59 AM

Pol,

You answered your own question... "can only calm it down when I am at home relaxing or doing guided meditation". As Hat said, work is stressful... well... life is stressful... and you have to capitalise on these moments when you can control these feelings, thus giving your body time to recover from the times when you can't control these things so easily.

You need to try your best to accept these times that you cannot control, as worrying yourself about it and getting yourself caught up with it all only strengthens the belief that you cannot control it. By accepting you cannot control at these times saves you adding more to the issue. The symptoms are there and by tolerating it, you are giving yourself more control.

Paradoxical, but its the truth...!

#9 Polly38

Polly38

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 12:49 PM

Thanks both. It's the breathing issue that I'm finding really hard. Do you think this will go soon? I find I'm having to yawn really hard to get air in. Does this happen to everyone?

Sorry to keep asking but it's quite scary. Have just done some guided meditation and I'm going to accept this is the way I'm going to feel for a while!

Thanks again.

#10 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 October 2019 - 01:56 PM

It should fade soon as it usually only lasts around 4 to 8 weeks. It is best to assume you need to get us to it as worrying about it and wanting to rush it only makes it worse.

#11 Polly38

Polly38

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 02:07 PM

Thank you. I will just ride the storm in that case and get used to it

#12 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:02 PM

Another thing I just remembered Polly is peppermint lozenges. Peppermint relaxes stomach muscles. Be sure the lozenges contain real peppermint and not just flavoring. The nice thing is that you can use them anytime and as often as you want.

#13 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,504 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:13 PM

Well remembered Hat. Was just looking through the book and to quote...

"Peppermint contains high amounts of menthol which is an antispasmotic and smooth muscle relaxant."

#14 Polly38

Polly38

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 183 posts

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:14 PM

Thanks both! Will get some tomorrow 😊

#15 invalidusername

invalidusername

God-like

• Site Supporter
  • 3,504 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 29 October 2019 - 05:23 PM

Keep us posted - all this info is good for Hat and myself to maintain the database of withdrawal aids...

#16 frog

frog

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 15 posts

Posted 12 November 2019 - 01:25 AM

Hi Polly,

I was having breathing issues too just like you. I felt like I was practically having to dislocate my ribs to get a full breath in. I think in my case it was a very low grade asthma flaring up. I've never been diagnosed with asthma and typically don't have problems breathing unless I'm exercising but it really felt like asthma and I definitely felt some wheezing when I was trying to breathe. I told you I was using a Flonase spray at the time for my allergies and it seemed to coincidentally help my breathing. I did a quick research on Flonase and it turns out it's not even an antihistamine, it's actually a corticosteroid and more importantly it's a "nonperscription fluticasone nasal spray" and apparently fluticasone when it comes in an ORAL preparation is what you might put in your inhaler when you're having an asthma attack. 

I think the Flonase helped me because it was just an acute symptom. It looks like these types of sprays can help in an episode but they don't necessarily help to control asthma long term or anything. But maybe find a nasal spray that contains fluticasone and give it a try? It might take a few days to work, during allergy season I typically have to let it build up in my system for a couple days before I get relief. 

#17 fishinghat

fishinghat

God-like

• Active Members
  • 10,624 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 12 November 2019 - 08:44 AM

That sounds great frog. It tips like that which can make a difference to members. Polly, if you try that let us know how it works for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users