100 replies to this topic

#61 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off cymbalta...I hope to find a way to do it as easy as possible and be able to help other people afterwards.

Posted 26 November 2019 - 04:49 PM

Hi again

Well after three bad nights, I finally slept all night last night, been having a fairly good day today, not as good as I used to be but not too bad, still got some light anxiety here and there, I sip on chamomille throughout the day and diffuse essential oils which seem to help, i actually had some periods during the day when I felt like my old elf again… still on 33 beads, hoping it calms down and stabilizes soon… started the magnesium glycinate (100mg) a couple of days ago, she wants me on 200mg but I have not gone up to two a day yet).

thanks for your support through this.

#62 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 November 2019 - 05:22 PM

I assume you have had test for mag levels? Apologies if you have already mentioned this, but the glycinate is largely elemental magnesium so the body absorbs a lot when taken compared to oxide and the others. Too much during the day can have their own adverse affects, including anxiety, so I would tread carefully unless you have some data to backup the increase of these supplements.

Excellent news about the sleepage and oils/tea are a fantastic way to go. Nothing safer and everything to gain.

Thanks for the update, and hang in there...

#63 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 November 2019 - 06:31 PM

IUN is exactly right about the magnesium. It will also lower your blood calcium. You need to monitor both at least every 6 months.

#64 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:
    I want to get off cymbalta...I hope to find a way to do it as easy as possible and be able to help other people afterwards.

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:26 PM

Hi guys

no I have not been tested for magnesium levels, so I took 100mg a day for past 3 days, I guess if I don't take too much for too long it should be ok right? I am seeing my ND tomorrow, I will ask her about the risks if I am not deficient in Magnesium…  thanks again,

#65 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 26 November 2019 - 07:45 PM

Yes, it will take a while to build up in your system, but always better to err on the side of safety with such things...

#66 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:12 AM

Good morning,

I had an okay night, slept about 5 hrs ,,, better than nothing,,, but something came to mind this morning,,, I am almost 51,,, what if this is premenopause? geez, just realized i have been having hot flashes the past few days (mostly at night or early morning)… googled the premenopause symptoms, I have them all but they are also the same symptoms for mental health issues… not easy to figure out which is what… at least my diet is super clean for the past 3 weeks, this should help.. I will also mention this to my ND this afternoon.  I am sure I did get withdrawals, and I also upped my meds too much (24 to 34) too big of a jump which gave me insomnia and anxiety, but i am wondering if there is also another issue sliding in because of my age…. something else to try to figure out.

#67 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 27 November 2019 - 08:21 AM

Hi sk8mom

Cymbalta can really mess with the hormone levels and can cause symptoms just like perimenopausal. It may be a good idea to check the hormone levels when you get a chance.

#68 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 27 November 2019 - 09:00 AM

Such a pain when symptoms can be a product of so many things!! Which way do you turn?! Only adds to the stress of it all...

#69 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 27 November 2019 - 07:51 PM

well, anxiety is pretty high again this evening, so hard to deal with this, the emotions vary so much during the day and from one day to the next, yesterday was a good day, not anymore :(

The hardest part is not knowing what is the best thing to do… go up, stay there… i have no idea what I am doing anymore :(

going to see my psychiatrist tomorrow, gonna ask for a couple a weeks off work, too hard to deal with this :(  Not sure if I am improving or getting worse :(

#70 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 November 2019 - 09:47 AM

Those swings are routine. everyone has them. To go up or down? Well don't go down unless you are feeling descent for at least 3 or 4 days in a row. Only go up if you can't stand the symptoms anymore.

#71 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 November 2019 - 12:17 PM

Don't forget that the levels can take a good three days to level out and even then, the brain is still trying to understand what on earth is going on, but as Hat says, until you stabalise, stay in the same place. You WILL stabalise at some point, but this can take longer the further towards the end you get. Its tough - boy, is it tough.... but we are here for when you need us...

#72 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:06 PM

but I have been at 33 beads since Nov 10th.... I think it was too much… hard to stabilise,  just hope I do someday ..

#73 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:20 PM

That is only n18 days. Sometimes it take a month or two to stabilize.

This requires a great deal of time and patience.

#74 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 28 November 2019 - 03:32 PM

thank you so much for your words of encouragement, I am going to put 100% into staying as positive as I can, I will not let this win over me!!!

#75 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 28 November 2019 - 04:03 PM

Out of likes for today sk8mom - but that deserves one. 

Good for you... keep that mindset 

#76 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 11:30 AM

hi again,

wow this is difficult, I slept well thursday night (about 7 hrs) and had a fairly good calm day yesterday,,, then anxiety hit me again in the evening and this tingling/burning sensations on my chest and arms (any idea if this is also a withdrawal symptom? or an effect of upping too much? Never had those sensations before :(  I guess that anxiety didn't help because I did not sleep a minute of all last night :( so today high anxiety again, what a roller coaster, i am trying to keep in mind that yesterday I was okay and that i will get better, I hope :(

#77 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 November 2019 - 01:59 PM

I have only had tingling sensations on my scalp during one withdrawal, but as a symptom, it is spoken of frequently, so quick and easy answer to your question, is yes, that will more likely be withdrawal doing it withdrawal thing. And anything out of the ordinary like that will quickly bring on the anxiety of course.

If you are not already, keep a diary of symptoms and severity so you can see the patterns and the decline. It is very difficult to see your progress. Think of it like loosing weight without a set of scales. You never see the small amounts here and there, but just like this example, soon enough people will be saying "you sound/look much more yourself since I last saw you". These are your clues! :)

#78 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:14 PM

"then anxiety hit me again in the evening and this tingling/burning sensations on my chest and arms (any idea if this is also a withdrawal symptom?"

Withdrawal.

Oh I still remember the rollercoaster. Horrible

#79 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:27 PM

it really is horrible, I feel worse than I did last week… I was sleeping last week and working, I have been in the house all this week, hanging on to bits and pieces of hope :(

#80 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:40 PM

Well you are in the right place to vent about this. Reading my posts from this time last year are nothing short of scary. I can't say how grateful I am to people like Hat, Gail and Liz for steering my through these dark days. I too never thought I would come out of it, and here I am with 5 good weeks behind me. Sure, I have had a bit of a rough patch today, but who doesn't once in a while. 

Honestly, diary if you can and are not doing so already. Some times we have 2 really bad days which make us forget the 4 good days that came before it. And we are all here for you... you WILL get there sausage... you will.

#81 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 03:49 PM

thank you so much, i am writing every day yes...and i forget quickly about when i felt ok… i am thinking of taking a sleeping pill tonight, I need to sleep!!! do you think it is safe when in withdrawal?  zopiclone 5mg  - not sure you have it in the US… i took them in 7.5mg when i first got ill in 2007-2008,,, not since though..

I have also been isolating myself all week, I tend to do that when I don't feel well (anxious) and symptomatic, I guess it is not the best way to go about it though right? should I force myself to continue as usual ?

#82 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 30 November 2019 - 04:00 PM

Z-drugs are everywhere - and I am in the UK and have had these myself on prescription.

To be honest, more specifically, what you need is good REM sleep. Z-drugs are hypnotics which knock you out and prohibit the brain entering the later stages of sleep which REM is a part of. It is during these times that the cerebral fluid backwashes the brain and makes you feel refreshed the next morning, which is why most people wake up feeling like cr*p after taking this stuff. In my opinion, they are an absolute last resort. 

I have used meditation, CBD oil, ashwagandha and something else I can only PM about, but is not a good option if you are prone to addiction. 

Did you have success with z-drugs before - if so, then maybe it will be ok, but remember that continued use of these result in a very quick tolerance. We are talking requiring a higher dose after 10-14 days continued use. That is when things become a problem. 

Plenty more info in the eBook about these lil' buggers.

#83 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:10 PM

IUN you are amazing thanks,

I am absolutely not prone to addiction, far from it .. I was on zopiclone from 2007-2008 or 2009 not really sure but for at least 1 year straight on 7.5mg, no problems with it and slowly weaned off it by scratching bits off of it… I do not want to be back on those regularly but I think I need to sleep a couple of nights in a row or else I won't make it through this...

#84 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 30 November 2019 - 05:19 PM

You can also use try 0.5 to 1 mg of melatonin OR 50 mg of diphenhydramine (an over the counter sleep aide)

#85 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 01 December 2019 - 06:17 PM

hello

checking in with my supporting buddies, so last night I fell asleep on my own around 9:30pm - deep sleep but woke up at 10:40pm in a mini panic attack I guess because I could feel my heart pounding…. not sure if I dozed off until 11h45pm when I gave in and took 5mg of zopiclone… 45 min later I fell asleep (from 12h30 to 3h00am)… I know I saw every hour from 3-7 but i might have been somnolent and not wide awake… the day was okay, no anxiety at all, mostly tiredness, weak and low energy, a bit of a lower mood in the afternoon…. I went out for a little walk for some fresh air before dinner (maybe 10-15min max) but a little after I again became weak, and hot (maybe mild panic attack ?) ..I almost fell asleep this afternoon (from 3 to 4) which I NEVER EVER sleep during the day, so I am hoping this is a sign that my body is slowing down (less adrenaline) and that I will sleep better tonight,,,, fingers crossed…

#86 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:06 PM

I was wrong, did not sleep again last night even with 5mg of zopiclone :( 

High anxiety today,,,, oooh this is so hard :(

#87 fishinghat

fishinghat

Site Partners

• Active Members
  • 13,869 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 02 December 2019 - 01:51 PM

Difficult indeed.

#88 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 December 2019 - 02:53 PM

I empathise Sk8mom. I've just hit the stress wall this end and anxiety is trying to get to me - as is the sleep stuff. 

You are not alone dear girl. You are never alone....

#89 sk8mom

sk8mom

Good Friend

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • why_joining:

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:06 PM

oh no IUN :( so sorry to hear this, I forced myself out of the house, did a couple of errands, and a short 10 min walk…

#90 invalidusername

invalidusername

Site Admin

• Site Supporter
  • 6,195 posts
  • LocationKent, UK

Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:09 PM

Bless you... you did better than me. I have not gone out the house at all today, but 30 mins with one client who came to me - but that was enough for today...

It'll get better. Just need to give myself time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users